pepsipete
Chemical Ali
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:30 pm

Feeno, oh oh oh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pasoti are after a hoarding now to, get your own ideas boys lol!

Leigh Rapson makes a good suggestion on there (yes that isn't a typo!) two joint hoardings advertising ATD, Pasoti and Greensonscreen together.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:16 pm

I don't like it, what is he up too? Suspect

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I don't like it, what is he up too? Suspect

Translated means you do like his idea?Smile

Last edited by tonycholwell on Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:00 am

Yes I do!

There seems to be a bit of a lull in hostilities between the two sites and I was really pleased to see the comments by Mr Newell about our fund raising.

I do sometimes wish he would 'dip his toe in the water' over here and maybe join in some of the topics which are relivant to him. I would have been interested to see his comments on the captions of him and your good self (I believe) in shorts the other week. Did you see them?

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:08 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Yes I do!

There seems to be a bit of a lull in hostilities between the two sites and I was really pleased to see the comments by Mr Newell about our fund raising.

I do sometimes wish he would 'dip his toe in the water' over here and maybe join in some of the topics which are relivant to him. I would have been interested to see his comments on the captions of him and your good self (I believe) in shorts the other week. Did you see them?

No I didn't MOG, where are they?

However, I dont think it is likely Ian will post here. Not in the immediate future anyway.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:17 am

It started as a bit of shit sturring, but some of the comments I thought were quite funny!

Well I think he is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself! Very Happy

Just think of the shock it would give some people. He could post 4 or 5 times before they reacted!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:31 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

It started as a bit of shit sturring, but some of the comments I thought were quite funny!

Well i think he is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself! Very Happy

Just think of the shock it would give some people. He could post 4 or 5 times before they reacted!

Hahaha, nice one. Not bad after 46 years a fan to get into the DB on a non competetive game:)
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:34 am

Its been so long since I've been to HP I would have trouble finding the mayflower stand let alone the DB!

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:46 am

I like the part about us having to raise our own moneys, yet nothing about GoS having to fund theirs.

I say no to a joint board.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
I like the part about us having to raise our own moneys, yet nothing about GoS having to fund theirs.

I say no to a joint board.

I was thinking GOS's burden was shared between the two sites. The work they do is amazing to be fair.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:22 pm

Of all the websites about Argo, GoS is the one that really deserves to be promoted. Truly a labour of love, totally devoid of politics.

There you go Pasoti and ATD raise money for a Gos board!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 3:51 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Of all the websites about Argo, GoS is the one that really deserves to be promoted. Truly a labour of love, totally devoid of politics.

There you go Pasoti and ATD raise money for a Gos board!!

First things first Charlie, what player have we sponsored?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm ringing the Commercial Manager on Monday, Tony, to finalise (she's on holiday this week). Its likely to be Feeno.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:05 pm

Any developments?
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:15 pm

seadog wrote:
Any developments?

I expect Feeno's agent has asked for a bit of time to see if any better offers come in lol!

ATD I love you Feeno
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:42 pm

I I love you Charlie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
seadog wrote:
Any developments?

I expect Feeno's agent has asked for a bit of time to see if any better offers come in lol!

ATD I love you Feeno

I thought he was poor last season, with a career record to match. When he arrived I hoped his goal scoring record hid a Trigger-like ability. Sadly, nowhere near it, and he's hardly likely to have improved with another year on his shoulders. Mickey, who few would quibble was three times the player, had already been shipped off to Torquay at his age.
Personally, I woild have contributed to an advertising hoarding, but not a player sponsorship ... I don't really like the idea at all... it doesn't feel right somehow in all sorts of ways.... I bet Tringy's regretting his impulsive contribution Very Happy
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 11:18 pm

He has always been rash...........
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:37 am

Penz wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
seadog wrote:
Any developments?

ATD I love you Feeno

I thought he was poor last season, with a career record to match. When he arrived I hoped his goal scoring record hid a Trigger-like ability. Sadly, nowhere near it, and he's hardly likely to have improved with another year on his shoulders. Mickey, who few would quibble was three times the player, had already been shipped off to Torquay at his age.
Personally, I woild have contributed to an advertising hoarding, but not a player sponsorship ... I don't really like the idea at all... it doesn't feel right somehow in all sorts of ways.... I bet Tringy's regretting his impulsive contribution Very Happy

Embarassed Yes indeed. Would rather the money went to the St John's Ambulance than into Brent's pocket.

As far as advertising ATD goes, we're fighting a losing battle anyway. The dull are many in number and are not for learning. Why try to encourage more of them to join ATD ?
Thank goodness we have a constitution and keyholders to uphold it, or we'd be the Farm's little brother within a year.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:41 am

Tringreen wrote:

Embarassed Yes indeed. Would rather the money went to the St John's Ambulance than into Brent's pocket.

As far as advertising ATD goes, we're fighting a losing battle anyway. The dull are many in number and are not for learning. Why try to encourage more of them to join ATD ?
Thank goodness we have a constitution and keyholders to uphold it, or we'd be the Farm's little brother within a year.

Andrew, you're seeing bogeymen where there are none to be seen. Surely you must support the democratic principles of access for all, the freedom to express any opinion, within the law and common decency, however much it might frustrate you. The same principle applies when people defend your right to what you say. A further tenet of democracy is the supporting of the wishes of the majority whilst protecting the rights of the minority.

If you think the keyholders or current mods will affect the direction of the site other than respecting the above principles you couldn't be more wrong. As I said post election, the site will move in the direction its members take it.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:50 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Andrew, you're seeing bogeymen where there are none to be seen. Surely you must support the democratic principles of access for all, the freedom to express any opinion, within the law and common decency, however much it might frustrate you. The same principle applies when people defend your right to what you say. A further tenet of democracy is the supporting of the wishes of the majority whilst protecting the rights of the minority.

If you think the keyholders or current mods will affect the direction of the site other than respecting the above principles you couldn't be more wrong. As I said post election, the site will move in the direction its members take it.

I was only being provocative for a change Charlie. Wink

ps there ARE bogeymen lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 am

Charlie Wood wrote:

Which bit of that statesman like paragraph did I violate to receive a week's ban?

There was nothing democratic about that. Tring has a point to some extent, this site is far less democratic than it was a few months ago, and it's all the worse for it.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:29 am

Spoke to Elaine and we've got three possibilities- Nelson (who is available but I don't think will play much), Feeney (who is sponsored by Vice Presidents) and one other first teamer (who is sponsored by GTs). She will speak with them today and will let me know whether they are continuing the sponsorships.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:29 am

Cerbera wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Which bit of that statesman like paragraph did I violate to receive a week's ban?

There was nothing democratic about that. Tring has a point to some extent, this site is far less democratic than it was a few months ago, and it's all the worse for it.

No it's not. Frank clearly explained his decisions and why he took them. The circumstances were extraordinary and are in the past now. Nobody died ffs.

I was basically forced to resign and you received a week's cooling off period.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle Sponsorship   Argyle Sponsorship - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle Sponsorship
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next