Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)

Go down 
+9
downthetrack
Charlie Wood
Greenskin
Flat_Track_Bully
mouldyoldgoat
Mock Cuncher
Captain Spudgun
Rickler
Tringreen
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:32 pm

According to Brent (and I have no idea how he knows this) Fletcher's dressing room has a better 'togetherness' and atmosphere than Luggy Mk1 in 2002.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:39 pm

Cerbera wrote:
According to Brent (and I have no idea how he knows this) Fletcher's dressing room has a better 'togetherness' and atmosphere than Luggy Mk1 in 2002.

Have to be from Paul Wotton.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:47 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Have to be from Paul Wotton.

Only problem is that the team is nowhere near as good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Rumour has it that Wotton released from Yeovil because he was undermining Skiverton, which eventually cost Skiverton his job. That would ring true if Wotton is 'bossing' the dressing room at HP. Fletcher certainly doesn't appear to be the strongest of characters.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Didn't Darren Purse say recently that it was a very close knit dressing room and one of the best he had encountered in his career? He also spoke highly of Fletcher in the same interview. Does that sound like a player ruling the roost and would an old pro like Purse fall under an unelected general? We may think that Fletcher is ineffective but nobody has said he is from the players. I don't read tweets or things like that. Has anyone actually come across any rumblings?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 7:05 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Didn't Darren Purse say recently that it was a very close knit dressing room and one of the best he had encountered in his career? He also spoke highly of Fletcher in the same interview. Does that sound like a player ruling the roost and would an old pro like Purse fall under an unelected general? We may think that Fletcher is ineffective but nobody has said he is from the players. I don't read tweets or things like that. Has anyone actually come across any rumblings?

I also believe that Purse is 'mates' with the likes of Nool, so I wouldn't place too much credibility on what he says, about anything. Probably just trying to get a better car parking space lol!
Back to top Go down
Herts_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:33 am

Tringreen wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I also believe that Purse is 'mates' with the likes of Nool, so I wouldn't place too much credibility on what he says, about anything. Probably just trying to get a better car parking space lol!

Yawn. I came across this site by chance the other day and i think it's a good alternative to pasoti but the obsession that certain people have with individuals on pasoti is almost laughable. The site would be great if it wasnt for the fact that nearly every single thread gets hijacked. It's just boring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 11:45 am

Now that the Bournemouth job is gone, if Fletcher was waiting to see if he was in the frame, lets hope the management issue is resolved quickly. If this drags on all summer we might as well not bother again this season.

I see in other news that Kari Arnason has made an amazing u-turn and now loves Aberdeen again, after demanding £5k a week to stay, which they turned down, following no other clubs being interested in him on those wages. I do like Craig Brown's response though, he signed another midfielder as Arnason wanted to leave so now if Arnason wants to stay it will be on a much reduced wage than they were originally offering him! I hope that's not what is happening with Carl Fletcher.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:14 pm

Herts_Green wrote:

Tringreen wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Yawn. I came across this site by chance the other day and i think it's a good alternative to pasoti but the obsession that certain people have with individuals on pasoti is almost laughable. The site would be great if it wasnt for the fact that nearly every single thread gets hijacked. It's just boring.

Always makes me smile when people come across a website 'by chance' (how very deepthroat) and then decide to sign up to post replies that they're bored with what others post.

Yawn indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:16 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Herts_Green wrote:

Tringreen wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Always makes me smile when people come across a website 'by chance' (how very deepthroat) and then decide to sign up to post replies that they're bored with what others post.

Yawn indeed.

The giveaway is the "The site would be great if it wasnt for the........." bullshit. lol!

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Herts_Green wrote:

Tringreen wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

Which one are you ? lol! Haven't you realised yet that EVERYONE except the usual suspects and their poodles, now realise what a bunch of self promoting tw@ts you lot are ?

You don't have to hide, we'll not ban you because we don't agree with you.

Now that's a real forum, not a controlled sham like Pasoti.

What are you guys afraid of, educated w@nkers ?

Back to top Go down
Herts_Green

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:46 pm

I've only posted on pasoti a handful of times (under the same username if you want to check). Im not interested in anyone on pasoti in the slightest. Thats the point - I'm really not interested in this ongoing disagreement between you and them. I find it boring. I signed up to this website because I'd quite like to discuss argyle on a forum where you don't get shot down for having an opinion that people disagree with. I just think its a bit rude to hijack people's threads. I couldn't care less if you wanted to start a new thread to do your moaning about pasoti on but how about everyone tries to stay on topic?!

With that in mind Id like to see fletcher stay and I'm sure he will. Ive no idea whether he is the man to take us forward or not but he deserves a chance next season to prove himself. Like many others on here though I don't want to see a repeat of this seasons style of football. It was effective and necessary this year but with a full pre season and a couple of decent attacking signings we should improve. I never want to have to see a performance like Rotherham away again any time soon that's for sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:57 pm

For someone that's not interested it's odd that 3 of your 4 comments so far are about the topic that doesn't interest you. lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Herts_Green wrote:
I've only posted on pasoti a handful of times (under the same username if you want to check). Im not interested in anyone on pasoti in the slightest. Thats the point - I'm really not interested in this ongoing disagreement between you and them. I find it boring. I signed up to this website because I'd quite like to discuss argyle on a forum where you don't get shot down for having an opinion that people disagree with. I just think its a bit rude to hijack people's threads. I couldn't care less if you wanted to start a new thread to do your moaning about pasoti on but how about everyone tries to stay on topic?!

With that in mind Id like to see fletcher stay and I'm sure he will. Ive no idea whether he is the man to take us forward or not but he deserves a chance next season to prove himself. Like many others on here though I don't want to see a repeat of this seasons style of football. It was effective and necessary this year but with a full pre season and a couple of decent attacking signings we should improve. I never want to have to see a performance like Rotherham away again any time soon that's for sure.

I think YOU miss the point. One of the many qwerks of this site is that quite often threads meander off here and there, sometimes they go right off on a tangent. The whole point is that they are allowed to, without some 'up their own arse' moderator imposing Pyongyang style military rules.

If you want to post on a forum that is moderated along those lines, you know where to go.

Hey, they've even got a Salsa Verde section where you can tell them how wonderful they are.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:19 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Herts_Green wrote:

I think YOU miss the point. One of the many qwerks of this site is that quite often threads meander off here and there, sometimes they go right off on a tangent. The whole point is that they are allowed to, without some 'up their own arse' moderator imposing Pyongyang style military rules.

If you want to post on a forum that is moderated along those lines, you know where to go.

Hey, they've even got a Salsa Verde section where you can tell them how wonderful they are.

I'm missing the cricket at Tring today. Members' Lunch, local bitter by the gallon, top club cricket and the sun is shining !
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's a banning offence on the farm........... mods ! mods ! lol!

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Come on chaps. lets give HG the benefit of the doubt for now. This site is an interesting place for intelligent debate and the meandering off track which is part and parcel of the ethos. He'll either get used to it or not. I fully expect a steady number of new members to join us and they will all have to get used to the style. They won't all be destabilising infiltrators....

...some might be, mind. lol!
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:55 pm

Welcome Herts, ATD is a bit different from pasoti, but once you get used to it, imho its a lot more fun. Threads do meander but folks pull them back. We've had had one or two folks come on here with the sole purpose of trying to disrupt/ruin this site. The members dont let it happen, the MODS only step in when its getting illegal, they are not thought police. Hope you hang around and try it. GL. farao
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Come on chaps. lets give HG the benefit of the doubt for now.

FFS Charlie! If you're gonna go all girly on us I demand a chance to change my vote! lol!
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:
Come on chaps. lets give HG the benefit of the doubt for now.

FFS Charlie! If you're gonna go all girly on us I demand a chance to change my vote! lol!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:17 pm

flower I would call myself Voice of Reason but I think that one's been discredited elsewhere flower
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:27 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
flower I would call myself Voice of Reason but I think that one's been discredited elsewhere flower

Woodrow Wyatt used to be the voice of reason.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Did he used to post on Pasoti?

I'm more of a George Brown myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:40 pm

HG, take no notice of Tring.

He doesn't ever attend matches, hates everything about Argyle and loves to poke fun at those of us who actually support the club. He has a more than passing likeness to someone else who, if you don't share their views, gets you ridiculed and made to feel unwelcome.

He's a broken record. It's actually worse around the early evening after a brief sojourn to the watering hole. See, nobody else to talk to, everyone around him support 'proper' teams like Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, you know Premiership stuff. He has no one to moan to in Larnaca.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Charlie Wood wrote:

Did he used to post on Pasoti?

I'm more of a George Brown myself.

Ah yes,good old George.Rather fond of a tipple or two and causing diplomatic incidents with arabs as i remember.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)    Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle approached by senior managers (but brent wants fletch)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2