mouldyoldgoat
Dougie
Mock Cuncher
Chemical Ali
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chemical Ali

Brent Apologises to Argyle fans Empty
PostSubject: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:39 pm

We at last have some communication from our esteemed leader! Given at the end of the Sheridan BBC Article-

Quote :
Argyle's owner James Brent said sorry to fans for the club's form: "I'd like to apologise to our fans for the troubled first half of the season.
"We had genuine expectations that we'd be cited in a different part of the table.
"John's huge amount of vigour and drive and has already made a difference at the club."

BBC LINK
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:41 pm

Reading between the lines, he hates Ian Newell and Chris Webb.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:43 pm

what about for all the other crap too that would be nice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 pm

Natalie Cornah ‏@NatalieCornah
Brent and Chris in a tree. K.I.S.S.I.N.G. @brentpilnick @Chris_Webb1

just aswell she wasnt referring to THE brent wasnt it otehrwise she would have hit a nerve Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Natalie was talking about Webb, FACT.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:21 pm

I wonder when Brent (works on Argyle more than any of his other businesses), the board (who are ya), the proxy director (many miles on the clock on the highways and byways on this green and pleasant land talking football football football) and The President (30 to 40 hours on Argyle related matters a week) first noticed the lack of vigour and drive about the place.

All indications from all of them was that everything was hunky dory.

The only ones who seemed concerned were the REAL fans.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:30 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Reading between the lines, he hates Ian Newell and Chris Webb.

Don't say that Mock, JB's bottom lip will start to quiver! Shocked

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:44 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Don't say that Mock, JB's bottom lip will start to quiver! Shocked

I am not sure that Brent's lip does quiver?

It might go straight to "the buckle?"

IJN on Pasoti wrote:

When we drew against Oxford last year, I looked straight at JB, his bottom lip buckled. Why, what did that have to do with land devolopment?

It's going to be a bumpy ride - Buckle up everybody!

Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:47 pm

I've sat here for a couple of hours with a note pad and pen. I've got all my workings out too, haven't scribbled over them or anything. However I still have yet to fathom what they based their 'genuine expectations' on.

A pretty slim apology too.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Sheridan would obviously like his own people in, but it's clear Brent won't finance a new assistant. We're working with the bare bones.

Speaks volumes for the financial state and coaching setup, that Sheridans only option to try and improve things on the training ground was to drag up Gary Owers who was working under Academy Boss Kevin Hodges.

FFS. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:04 pm

Nool the new fitness coach, they kept that quiet bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Sheridan would obviously like his own people in, but it's clear Brent won't finance a new assistant. We're working with the bare bones.

Speaks volumes for the financial state and coaching setup, that Sheridans only option to try and improve things on the training ground was to drag up Gary Owers who was working under Academy Boss Kevin Hodges.

FFS. Crying or Very sad

then if we fail its down to one man and one man only James Brent/ Sooner he goes the better off the club will be.

So john has 3 coaches all of whom have no first team coaching creditaials! you couldnt make it up i wonder what spin webb n nool will put on this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:23 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

FFS. Crying or Very sad

I think it's more likely to be that it's either a couple of new players or backroom staff so he's looked at Ro and Nance and has seen that they are sadly lacking in experience, whereas Gary Owers has top flight playing experience and has coached and managed before.

The whole press conference is on Player now and Brent thanked Fletcher for his time as captain and player, and for his part in keeping us up last season but then apologised for this season's predicament.

Maybe Brent will just let Sheridan get on with it now and the feckin clingons around the club will be told where to go and take their stupid ideas with them. I doubt it but we can always hope.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:44 pm

Is it just me or have the chuckle heads been a bit quiet since the pig s outburst on the farm?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm

Happy Daze wrote:
Is it just me or have the chuckle heads been a bit quiet since the pig s outburst on the farm?

they are rabbiting on twitter as we speak

do you like my avatar i dedicate it to them as they suit that mentalitiy
Back to top Go down
GreenWhiteBlack

GreenWhiteBlack

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Fairplay to him, he didnt have to do that. Now lets hope he lets JS just get on with his job.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:36 pm

Apologies are all very well but I demand ACTION!!!!! Start by PROPERLY financially supporting the manager in the transfer window.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 2:15 am

Nonsense !!!!!!!

Another sympathy card.

STOP talking & START delivering.

ps er hang on he's said very little to start with lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:35 am

Dougie wrote:
I wonder when Brent (works on Argyle more than any of his other businesses), the board (who are ya), the proxy director (many miles on the clock on the highways and byways on this green and pleasant land talking football football football) and The President (30 to 40 hours on Argyle related matters a week) first noticed the lack of vigour and drive about the place.

All indications from all of them was that everything was hunky dory.

The only ones who seemed concerned were the REAL fans.

So maybe now Brent might employ a full time chief exec and appoint a chairman to make sure the club is being run properly.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 9:55 am

Found this classic in the GOS archives..................

Listen to the Nool[ co owner of Pasoti] from about 3 min 50 secs in................

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:11 am

lol! Cracks me up! The protest that I was trying to arrange became his protest that he got Rapson? to arrange I think because I wasn't in the in crowd, I had been calling for a protest for weeks, but what did I know? When it became his idea it was full steam ahead, total control freak. The best line in that clip is about the directors jollies! lol! I wish I had a train set smilie.
Windsor boys, you have had your fun with the club, now is the time for you to walk away now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 1:28 pm

Iggy wrote:
lol! Cracks me up! The protest that I was trying to arrange became his protest that he got Rapson? to arrange I think because I wasn't in the in crowd, I had been calling for a protest for weeks, but what did I know? When it became his idea it was full steam ahead, total control freak. The best line in that clip is about the directors jollies! lol! I wish I had a train set smilie.
Windsor boys, you have had your fun with the club, now is the time for you to walk away now.

They wont walk away it would mean they would have to pay to watch the games and sit with the real fans and not he champagne lovies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brent Apologises to Argyle fans   Brent Apologises to Argyle fans Empty

Back to top Go down

Brent Apologises to Argyle fans
Page 1 of 1