mouldyoldgoat
lawnmowerman
Warny
Elias
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Worst Season Ever Empty
PostSubject: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Is now over. Thank God for that.

Onwards and Upwards?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:28 pm

it most certainly was, we must be grateful that macclesfield & hereford were spectatulary dire.

survival by 2 points didnt look poissible even 2 months ago.

credit to the team & management.

NEVER AGAIN must we finish as low as this !!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:29 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Is now over. Thank God for that.

Onwards and Upwards?

Has to be. It's impossible to go backwards or down from here!
Back to top Go down
Warny

Warny

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Glad to see the back of it also. Next season the best I can see for us is bouncing around mid table.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Must agree lets hope next season is much much better.fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Yes! Its over at last. Now to look forward to next season.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Promotion must be the target next season. Everything is Argyle's favour. One of the largest playing budgets. Legacy contracts gone. Enough players out of contract that can be replaced with better. A decent spine to the team already in place. No excuse for not going for it and saying we're going for it.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 6:48 pm

bradfords big support & budget has really helped them hasnt it ?????

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:02 pm

I am glad to see the back of this season as well, very trying.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:20 pm

Four teams go up from this dog shit division! FOUR!!!! I demand that we are one of them. Anything else next season is totally unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:25 pm

Yep, worst season ever, on the field (even worse than the Kemp and Hodges eras), worst season ever off the field, worst season ever for disharmony amongst the fans.

The season I lost interest. Hope it comes back next year.

We got a big flag though. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:46 pm

Freathy wrote:
Four teams go up from this dog shit division! FOUR!!!! I demand that we are one of them. Anything else next season is totally unacceptable.

Agree with both the last posts. We will have one of the largest playing budgets in the division, fletcher should be told in no uncertain terms that promotion is demanded. There can be no excuses and no bullshit, another season in this shit division being an Aviva at Fleetwood is completely unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:10 pm

Bogsider wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Agree with both the last posts. We will have one of the largest playing budgets in the division, fletcher should be told in no uncertain terms that promotion is demanded. There can be no excuses and no bullshit, another season in this shit division being an Aviva at Fleetwood is completely unacceptable.

Who said that?

The first 2000 through the turnstiles will be paying the debts, JB wants "sustainability" so isn't going to splash the cash.

Hope Torquay go up via the play-offs, but if they don't, they could be outspending us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:15 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Yep, worst season ever, on the field (even worse than the Kemp and Hodges eras), worst season ever off the field, worst season ever for disharmony amongst the fans.

The season I lost interest. Hope it comes back next year.

We got a big flag though. Rolling Eyes

I didn't quite lose all interest, but it was very close. Really don't know if I'll be renewing my season ticket: it's partly a financial consideration and partly deep resentment at the fact I'm being told to move from the seat I've had for the last ten years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 8:43 pm

If you don't attend matches who the feck is anyone to demand anything??????

It was a spine tingling season no doubt but at least we got away with it even if by the skin of our teeth. It was the worst I've known for the possibility of oblivion but it's over. Promotion next season? Who knows. It simply just has to be better than this one is all I ask.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Sensiblegreeny.

Did you know Mr Webb is our President?

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:16 pm

I think your Mankini is restricting your circulation mouldy and it's definately having an effect.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:55 pm

I've still got it sensible if you are missing it. affraid Very Happy

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySun May 06, 2012 2:13 am

Grovehill wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Who said that?

The first 2000 through the turnstiles will be paying the debts, JB wants "sustainability" so isn't going to splash the cash.

Hope Torquay go up via the play-offs, but if they don't, they could be outspending us.
Take away 2000 and our gates (even this season when near the bottom) still outnumber Torquay. Still in the top 8/9 for the League too. If Torquay can get top 5 on their crowds, we certainly can with a bit of historic debt to pay.

Bradford by the way do have the biggest crowds but difference is not the biggest income/spending budget cause of their ridiculously low ticket prices. Near enough any fool can get out of this league with enough money. May be slightly more difficult for us due to to our debt but it's still doable.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:24 am

I know I was there!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:33 am

GreenSam wrote:
Grovehill wrote:
Bogsider wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Who said that?

Take away 2000 and our gates (even this season when near the bottom) still outnumber Torquay. Still in the top 8/9 for the League too. If Torquay can get top 5 on their crowds, we certainly can with a bit of historic debt to pay.

Bradford by the way do have the biggest crowds but difference is not the biggest income/spending budget cause of their ridiculously low ticket prices. Near enough any fool can get out of this league with enough money. May be slightly more difficult for us due to to our debt but it's still doable.

We averaged 7,000 this season and we had the fourth largest average in L2. Those with a greater average were Bradford with their low ticket prices, Swindon who are TOTL and Oxford who have been pushing for promotion all season.

I would argue that our average crowd figures are shockingly good! Bleddy apathetic Janners eh!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:50 am

Freathy wrote:

You DEMAND ? And yet you give nothing . Laughable .
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:14 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I've pumped enough cash into this club over the years buying season tickets. So I'll demand as much as I f***in well like.

Anyway what have you done? Apart from have a dig at anyone who wants success.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:26 pm

JB gave me a good idea of what our playing budget would be, given that we have lost the 'dead money' players that are out of contract, and he said himself that anything less than promotion would be a huge disappointment.

Given that Exeter are shorter odds than us to go up, and our budget is over twice theirs apparently............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever EmptySun May 06, 2012 5:54 pm

Freathy wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I've pumped enough cash into this club over the years buying season tickets. So I'll demand as much as I f***in well like.

Anyway what have you done? Apart from have a dig at anyone who wants success.

You're a joke and a few others on here think the same .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Worst Season Ever   The Worst Season Ever Empty

Back to top Go down

The Worst Season Ever
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next