Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Argo v Caaaaadiff

Go down 
+5
Flat_Track_Bully
Freathy
RegGreen
Greenskin
Les Miserable
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7479
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 8:00 am

It really is the start of a new era today, first proper home game for fozzie, reinforcements through the door, piss poor opposition etc etc ... 5 - 1 playoffs almost guaranteed now, get yer house on it.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6134
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 8:18 am

New players, first league game for the manager,Cardiff in poor form with 15 players injured......

0-2
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5896
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 9:15 am

The dawning of a new era !
Fozzie’s youts to run amok
3-1
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7050
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 9:19 am

We'll find out if Fozzie really knows what he's doing today. But hopefully an improvement on that diabolical 'performance' against Sutton. Hard fought draw against another very good side.

Argo 2-2 Bluebirds (Whittaker, Mumba)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 10:55 am

cant wait to hear what shit song the Plebbs in blocks 3-4 make up for the new manager bound to be original im sure.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7050
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 11:10 am

Angry wrote:
cant wait to hear what shit song the Plebbs in blocks 3-4 make up for the new manager bound to be original im sure.


It's bound to be a reworking of the schumacher song "Fozzie is our leader etc etc etc...."
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully


Posts : 961
Join date : 2012-04-24

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 12:09 pm

Angry wrote:
cant wait to hear what shit song the Plebbs in blocks 3-4 make up for the new manager bound to be original im sure.


They were singing something like 'Fozzie's behind the wheel' at Huddersfield, but I couldn't work out what song they were 'adapting'

Given the problems Cardiff have with player availability, we really need to win this one, possibly even more than the Huddersfield game. Been a while since we've won a league game, and the Feb fixtures look tough (3 away games + 3 home games against teams in the top 10).
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
RegGreen




Posts : 5896
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 12:49 pm

Angry wrote:
cant wait to hear what shit song the Plebbs in blocks 3-4 make up for the new manager bound to be original im sure.

sht sicko it’s bad enough with that that janner song let alone with another embarrassing musiciial masterpiece Dont encourage em Angers ffs lol
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14540
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 1:03 pm

A good win today is needed  to kick start the season
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5896
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 3:27 pm

Oh well that started well FFS
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5896
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 3:34 pm

1-1 geddon that’s more like it
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7479
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:21 pm

Slow start and as per gave away the obligatory opening goal, grew into the game and finished comfortable winners, could easily have been 5 Cool . The 32 year old wonderkid looks a tidy player for the future. Managing to maintain a nice gap between ourselves and the drop and for that reason I shall be celebrating with a nice ruby forthwith. COYG
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:29 pm

Second half there wasn’t any doubt, good all round performance, Hardie was shit hot and Miller well he must drink rocket fuel, what speed he has and completed 90 mins. If he can stay fit that’ll be like a new signing.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:30 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Slow start and as per gave away the obligatory opening goal, grew into the game and finished comfortable winners, could easily have been 5 Cool . The 32 year old wonderkid looks a tidy player for the future. Managing to maintain a nice gap between ourselves and the drop and for that reason I shall be celebrating with a nice ruby forthwith. COYG

I’ll be tucking in to Thai
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:30 pm

Graiser wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Slow start and as per gave away the obligatory opening goal, grew into the game and finished comfortable winners, could easily have been 5 Cool . The 32 year old wonderkid looks a tidy player for the future. Managing to maintain a nice gap between ourselves and the drop and for that reason I shall be celebrating with a nice ruby forthwith. COYG

I’ll be tucking in to Thai

A curry that is !
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim


Posts : 2592
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:35 pm

Well that ended up alright. After an average 30 mins where you could see it was a case of new players not being on the same wavelength, we got a goal and from then on there was only one team in it.

We were very good second half Hardie's early goal settled us down and the 3rd goal from Whittaker was a great team move on the break and a brilliant finish.

Solid at the back today, apart from one flurry in the second half, they didn't cause us any problems.

As for the new signings, Devine got an assist for the first goal, he had some good moments but you would expect there would be better to come from him. Forshaw was neat and tidy in the Houghton role, Phillips was strong again, but Gyabi was outstanding today, he was everywhere winning the ball, getting tackles in and hardly ever getting a pass wrong.

Much needed win and a well deserved one.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5896
Join date : 2015-07-08

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:37 pm

Good result in the end after a dodgie start
I see that forshaw had a good game nothing like a bit of experience that I’ve been banging on for a while that can only help the youngsters around him ! Anyway either way it’s good start and and good win and fosters up and running please may it continue well done lads
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14540
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 5:45 pm

Tgwu wrote:
A good win today is needed  to kick start the season

and a good win we got
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 6:26 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
cant wait to hear what shit song the Plebbs in blocks 3-4 make up for the new manager bound to be original im sure.

sht sicko it’s bad enough with that that janner song let alone with another embarrassing musiciial masterpiece Dont encourage em Angers ffs lol

they really dont need to be playing the whole song like they do its stupid and it dies off near the end every time and delays kickoff in doing so. its a shit song to begin with but if they must play it shorten it up get to the bit the fans sing quicker and end it after that.


As for the game we weren't at the races for the first half till Hardie's goal and then the second half we were much better and cardiff dropped off after there positive start to the game. The new players in midfield where nervey at times they im sure will do well here and you did see some flashes of their talent but they have some work to do to get up to speed with the championshoip. forshaw has far too much faith in that defence and goalkepper to be playing around at the back like he did at times but you could see his input will be valuable once he shakes off ring rust. Philips looked assured in the back he will only get better over time i feel mores the pity for us come the end of the season when he goes back to Tottenham.

we would be absoultely screwed if we didnt have Hardie and Whittaker they are carrying this team.

overall great result which we needed, not sure im comfortable with dewsnip assisting foster too much longer so the sooner he gets all his backroom staff in place the better
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7479
Join date : 2014-03-30

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 pm

Graiser wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Slow start and as per gave away the obligatory opening goal, grew into the game and finished comfortable winners, could easily have been 5 Cool . The 32 year old wonderkid looks a tidy player for the future. Managing to maintain a nice gap between ourselves and the drop and for that reason I shall be celebrating with a nice ruby forthwith. COYG

I’ll be tucking in to Thai

A curry that is !


lol
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14540
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 6:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 6:47 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
cant wait to hear what shit song the Plebbs in blocks 3-4 make up for the new manager bound to be original im sure.

sht sicko it’s bad enough with that that janner song let alone with another embarrassing musiciial masterpiece Dont encourage em Angers ffs lol

they really dont need to be playing the whole song like they do its stupid and it dies off near the end every time and delays kickoff in doing so. its a shit song to begin with but if they must play it shorten it up get to the bit the fans sing quicker and end it after that.


As for the game we weren't at the races for the first half till Hardie's goal and then the second half we were much better and cardiff dropped off after there positive start to the game. The new players in midfield where nervey at times they im sure will do well here and you did see some flashes of their talent  but they have some work to do to get up to speed with the championshoip. forshaw has far too much faith in that defence and goalkepper to be playing around at the back like he did at times but you could see his input will be valuable once he shakes off ring rust. Philips looked assured in the back he will only get better over time i feel mores the pity for us come the end of the season when he goes back to Tottenham.

we would be absoultely screwed if we didnt have Hardie and Whittaker they are carrying this team.  

overall great result which we needed, not sure im comfortable with dewsnip assisting foster too much longer so the sooner he gets all his backroom staff in place the better

Hardie and Whittaker did have a support act as well Angry, in particular Miller
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7050
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 7:43 pm

Argo poor first half but (and maybe as a result of Foster's HT talk) were like a different team after the break. Thought Hardie was absolutely outstanding today and both his goals were well taken - the first could be described as a simple tap in but he still had to react to Devine's cross in the right way to position it past the keeper. His second was brilliant the way he fended off the Cardiff defenders to turn and strike it home hard from close range. Whittaker showed his sheer class again of course. Thought all the new signings did well today but Foreshaw was the easily the outstanding one for me. Still has those Premier league standard touches and vision. Keep him fit and he will be a MAJOR asset this season. All in all after a shaky start a very satisfactory performance and a deserved win.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6134
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 8:20 pm

Wonder when Argyle will next take the lead in a home game? Six matches in a row the opposition have taken the lead at HP and all at the Devonport end-weird. Credit to the team for having the bottle to come back though and Argyle merited an important win against not one of the better Cardiff sides to visit HP. Must be said that it was an unrecognisable midfield from the last league game at HP and it showed in the first 20 minutes or so but once the new players had settled in then Argyle got a foothold in the game despite conceding from a rather unlucky rebound and were by far the better team imho. Hardie was rewarded for his high workrate with a couple of goals and an assist for Whittaker to finish with his usual aplomb, the only time Cardiff really threatened was when a great block from Scarr [i think] and a couple of good saves from Hazard in the same incident saved the day.9 points clear of 22nd with a vastly better GD can't be bad, long way to go but very encouraging.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 7050
Join date : 2011-05-12

Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff EmptySat Jan 20, 2024 8:31 pm

I think Foster is going to leave us Bundu fans disappointed this season
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo v Caaaaadiff   Argo v Caaaaadiff Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Argo v Caaaaadiff
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Gas - Argo
» Argo and Man Citeh
» Argo - Turks
» Argo v Posh
» Someone has resigned at Argo

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: