pepsipete
seadog
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Team sheet up on the OS.

Just the one change - Young in for Atkinson.

OS Linky
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Good. Don't think Atkinson has been that great lately.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:17 pm

Chadders off! There's my forecast fooked.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 3:39 pm

seadog wrote:
Chadders off! There's my forecast fooked.

relieved to find he was only substituted, thought it was another red card at first.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:02 pm

Very lucky to be 0-0 at HT. Can't see Torquay not scoring in the 2nd.
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:29 pm

2-0 Turks and well deserved by all accounts.
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:40 pm

2-1 to torquay first pro goal for Luke Young and 12836 in attendance
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:45 pm

Very good decision not to go today. I knew we'd get hammered.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Still time COYG
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 4:57 pm

we need strength and options in the squad beyond the starting 11. The bench doesn't frill me and why isnt Soukouna a central defender playing :S
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:05 pm

We are nowhere near good enough for this division. And I bet we sign f*** all this month. Trust in stapes brent.
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:10 pm

3 of my mates couldn't get in because of congestion! Sparksy was saying even season ticket holders couldn't be bothered to wait 30 minutes queuing at the turnstiles. FFS we were in the Championship getting bigger crowds not long ago and now we can't cope. Deserve everything we get at the moment.
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:11 pm

Awful performance. Have to get new players in or it's curtains. Aside from the football are argyle cash rich ? I heard they turned people away from the turnstiles close to kick off and there was still a good 500 seats spare down the barn park corner.

Another flop for the ultras too. Thought the point was to keep the atmosphere up, once torquey scored it was dead. Ultras= damp squid. Bit like the performance today I'm afraid
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Freathy wrote:
We are nowhere near good enough for this division. And I bet we sign f*** all this month. Trust in stapes brent.

January is going to be a big month for Brent. He cannot afford to get it wrong and the team needs a lot of work.
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Freathy wrote:

January is going to be a big month for Brent. He cannot afford to get it wrong and the team needs a lot of work.

I've said as much. I didn't go to the match but the loss through injury of Chadwick seemed to have such an impact that it is even clearer that we need another proper striker at least.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:18 pm

If brent is serious he will need to replace fletcher as well as vastly improving the 'team' with new additions. I'm expecting him to do f*** all.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:21 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Oh dear............ can't say I'm surprised.
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Pity Wrathall doesn't turn up a little more often, he would get a game!
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 5:57 pm

So ends any honeymoon. For those that say performance doesn't matter today was is proof it does. Wonderment at a 5 game unbeaten run should not hide the fact that we are not very good.

After having been to Aldershot and at home today I can say that the same problems persist. A lightweight makeweight midfield in front of a dodgy defence. We huffed and puffed through the game as we did two days ago. Until the last 10 minutes or so I don't think we wre at the races.

With more tough games to come I still believe these are desperate times. Has Fletcher done as much as he can we these players or whether he can be trusted to get it right with new players I'm really not sure. I had the feeling we had reached our zenith and can't shake it for love nor money.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:02 pm

Just looked at the forthcoming fixtures (again). Maintain that we've got until 25 Feb when we host Dag & Red - if we're still bottom after that game I reckon we're screwed, regardless of players brought in during Jan or not.

Crawley and Southend between now and then and a bunch of 'mid- to upper-table' teams. Plus Barnet.

Shit.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:09 pm

How difficult is it to have all available turnstiles open for a game when, if they've learned anything, they should know there is bound to be a big turnout from the once-a-year brigade?

It's pathetic.

Apparently, some of the turnstiles in the closed off corner were 'broken', according to a steward type bloke who was frantically trying to direct the hundreds outside to the ends of massive queues.

"Turn up earlier" will be the stock response by the green tints. Well no, turning up at the ground at 2.45 as usual should be ample if the club got their act together and catered for such a massive (sic) turnout. Yet again they've got it wrong, and managed to antagonise hundreds of would-be paying customers.

And as for the Forza Verde effect, pathetic doesn't even begin to cover it. Quite how the Dem'port can manage to make even less noise than the Hereford game is beyond me. There wasn't even an attempt to compete with the vocal support from, yes, the mighty Torquay United. What an embarrassment.

On the pitch it was pretty even until they scored, then they should have added a 2nd straight away, and sure enough shortly after they duly obliged with a 2nd.

On the plus side, Berry continues to improve game on game. Feeney was everywhere, and Young looked sharp.

All in all this was a timely reminder to Brent that we are far from being a side that will get out of trouble, without significant investment this month, and preferably a proper contract offer to Sean O'driscoll.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:09 pm

Deserved win for Torquay.They had some gilt edged chances in the first half,although Argyle tightened up a bit in the last 20 minutes of the half.Same pattern at the start of the second half,the Turkeys took control,no surprise when they took the lead and then extended it,although the free kick that led to the first looked to be a shocking decision by the ref.Well worked goal from Argyle,good to see Luke Young get on the scoresheet.Argyle had a moment oor two after that but the general pattern of their attacking play was as it had been throughout,culminating in either weak shots or poor final ball.Not much to cheer about in all truth and a wake up call.Action must be taken to strengthen the squad-this was promised in an address from Mr Brent read over the tannoy pre match,lets hope deeds match the words.Without Purse and Chadwick on the pitch all the old failings and weaknesses were cruelly exposed.Great crowd,surely must be the biggest in the division this year?
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:15 pm

well i am sure the court jester will be on here soon to tell you all that there is no crisis like some a iraqi information minster with american tanks behind him.

I still maintain Fletcher needs an experienced guy as either a assistant or director of football to help him out as he needs it. Maybe try and strike a deal with Sean O'driscoll till the end of the season.

We need to bring in some options especially in midfield and defence. We are not out of the race but its clear we need options and fletcher needs help. Besides you can avoid relegation on draws.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:21 pm

I wouldn't know the Forza where there if I didn't know the Forza were meant to be there. How the promised big flag is going to make any difference I really don't know.

Don't get me wrong I would love a great atmosphere in the Devonport and if it has to be the Forza then so be it but I don't think they are making a jot of difference at the moment.

Hoping it makes ground and gets some traction but not an auspicious start. Bit light on their twitter as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Dougie wrote:
I wouldn't know the Forza where there if I didn't know the Forza were meant to be there. How the promised big flag is going to make any difference I really don't know.

Don't get me wrong I would love a great atmosphere in the Devonport and if it has to be the Forza then so be it but I don't think they are making a jot of difference at the moment.

Hoping it makes ground and gets some traction but not an auspicious start. Bit light on their twitter as well [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

one thing that may help improve the atmosphere in the devonport end is get rid of the family enclosure and put it elsewhere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Argo - Turks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argo - Turks   Argo - Turks Empty

Back to top Go down

Argo - Turks
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next