Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 January Transfer Window

Go down 
+12
seadog
Graiser
Grovehill
Czarcasm
mouldyoldgoat
RegGreen
Freathy
Angry
Greenskin
Mook
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu




Posts : 14441
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:35 pm

Leeds United midfielder Darko Gyabi has agreed a loan move to Plymouth Argyle, a new report from Football Insider has said.
Leeds United moved to sign Gyabi from Manchester City in the summer of 2021. He joined as a prospect for the future and following the drop to the Championship, he was one player tipped for a more prevalent role.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10219
Join date : 2011-10-23

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 1:38 pm

Gyabi deal agreed apparently. Rangers ShefWeds and QPR were all in for him so will be good to see this get over the line.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm


Posts : 10219
Join date : 2011-10-23

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 4:05 pm

Gyabi confirmed.

Must be something in him for Leeds to pay £5m for him.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim


Posts : 2590
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 4:11 pm

Big lad, a bit of physicality in the midfield which won't be a bad thing. At £5m from Man City, a lot of quality as well.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6112
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 4:36 pm

All well and good, hope his spell is a successful one. Bit worrying though that Argyle seem to be signing young players with less than double figure appearances behind them, really would like to see something more proven and experienced brought in to fight what is likely to be a tough battle to stay out of the relegation zone.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 4:44 pm

Greenskin wrote:
All well and good, hope his spell is a successful one. Bit worrying though that Argyle seem to be signing young players with less than double figure appearances behind them, really would like to see something more proven and experienced brought in to fight what is likely to be a tough battle to stay out of the relegation zone.

worries me more is Dewsnip's comments about this move that we seem to be a happy being used as a farm for other clubs to send their kids to in order to get work experience before bringing them back to either flourish for them or be sold on for a bigger profit and repeat the process. Cheap and cheerful for matter the owner is the Plymouth Argyle way it seems.

welcome Darko to the team hopefully you do the job needed here. so that now 3 loanees at the club (im not counting warrington as he will be sent back due to his injury why the club hasnt done that by now is anyones guess) 2 spots remaining and then that will be our january transfer window. No actual strengthening just like for like are we sure the reluctant one isnt still in the background.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5863
Join date : 2015-07-08

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 5:05 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
All well and good, hope his spell is a successful one. Bit worrying though that Argyle seem to be signing young players with less than double figure appearances behind them, really would like to see something more proven and experienced brought in to fight what is likely to be a tough battle to stay out of the relegation zone.

worries me more is Dewsnip's comments about this move that we seem to be a happy being used as a farm for other clubs to send their kids to in order to get work experience before bringing them back to either flourish for them or be sold on for a bigger profit and repeat the process. Cheap and cheerful for matter the owner is the Plymouth Argyle way it seems.

welcome Darko to the team hopefully you do the job needed here.  so that now 3 loanees at the club (im not counting warrington as he will be sent back due to his injury why the club hasnt done that by now is anyones guess) 2 spots remaining and then that will be our january transfer window. No actual strengthening just like for like are we sure the reluctant one isnt still in the background.
seems hallett learnt a lot from jimmy them two years he stayed quiet on his board then
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 5:17 pm

Bugger me we could have Kevin De Byrne on loan and there would still be some negative comments. First away win on Saturday!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 5:21 pm

Graiser wrote:
Bugger me we could have Kevin De Byrne on loan and there would still be some negative comments. First away win on Saturday!

this isn't a teenage girl's fanclub forum over juston bieber where postitivity is faked.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6112
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 5:50 pm

Graiser wrote:
Bugger me we could have Kevin De Byrne on loan and there would still be some negative comments. First away win on Saturday!

Not really negative, just not the pants jizzing nonsense that seems to be prevalent about these two signings. Does it not concern you, the relative inexperience of these players? For sure they have come from big clubs and have England age group qualifications but so did Ashley Smith Brown and Tafari Moore and they didn't work out well. This is going to be a tough second half of the season and i really do hope that these blokes are up to it but the "great signing" stuff is yet to be proven for me.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 6:01 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Bugger me we could have Kevin De Byrne on loan and there would still be some negative comments. First away win on Saturday!

Not really negative, just not the pants jizzing nonsense that seems to be prevalent about these two signings. Does it not concern you, the relative inexperience of these players? For sure they have come from big clubs and have England age group qualifications but so did Ashley Smith Brown and Tafari Moore and they didn't work out well. This is going to be a tough second half of the season and i really do hope that these blokes are up to it but the "great signing" stuff is yet to be proven for me.

its the added pressure that fans and the club will be placing on them especially the new guy today who essentially has to fill the void of 2 players who combined scored 12 goals and created 11 goals so far this season by himself (for now) when hes barely played first team football. Its asking alot despite his ability and potential to which i can't comment on as ive never seen him play. Even for De Byrne its asking alot.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill




Posts : 2213
Join date : 2012-01-24

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 6:35 pm

Greenskin wrote:
All well and good, hope his spell is a successful one. Bit worrying though that Argyle seem to be signing young players with less than double figure appearances behind them, really would like to see something more proven and experienced brought in to fight what is likely to be a tough battle to stay out of the relegation zone.



Trouble is experience doesn't come cheap, Isaac Hayden who it is rumoured Argyle are interested in is supposed to be on about £50K per week!

Sign him and all the doom & gloom merchants on here would be predicting financial ruin.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 6:49 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
All well and good, hope his spell is a successful one. Bit worrying though that Argyle seem to be signing young players with less than double figure appearances behind them, really would like to see something more proven and experienced brought in to fight what is likely to be a tough battle to stay out of the relegation zone.



Trouble is experience doesn't come cheap, Isaac Hayden who it is rumoured Argyle are interested in is supposed to be on about £50K per week!

Sign him and all the doom & gloom merchants on here would be predicting financial ruin.

lol no chance that rumour is true for one thing hes on loan at Standard Liège  a Belgium club for the season it would be a bit of a come down if he was recalled from them to come here to be fair and as for the wage well yeah cause hes in a top 6 premiership team there would be no way it would even be considered and we wouldnt pay that in anycase a percentage yes.

Truthfully if he were to move to a club this window if he were to be recalled it would be to a club that would sign him in the summer after a loan if not january on a perm as they would want to move players on in order to bring in new ones in the summer.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu




Posts : 14441
Join date : 2011-12-11
Location : Central Park (most days)

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 7:15 pm

Standard Liege have confirmed that Isaac Hayden will return to Newcastle United after the Magpies activated a recall clause. Hayden will now return to Tyneside, however, he is likely to move on-loan again before the winter transfer window closes.

He will likely spend the second half of the campaign in the Championship.
That’s because four clubs are reportedly interested in taking him on-loan. Plymouth Argyle, Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City and Sheffield Wednesday Hayden, who will turn 29 in March,
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 7:24 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Standard Liege have confirmed that Isaac Hayden will return to Newcastle United after the Magpies activated a recall clause. Hayden will now return to Tyneside, however, he is likely to move on-loan again before the winter transfer window closes.

He will likely spend the second half of the campaign in the Championship.
That’s because four clubs are reportedly interested in taking him on-loan. Plymouth Argyle, Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City and Sheffield Wednesday Hayden, who will turn 29 in March,

so grovehill which of those 4 are going to pay £50000 a week??? i await your answer to that question.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6988
Join date : 2011-05-12

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 7:39 pm

We need an experienced attacking midfielder now plus a striker.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6988
Join date : 2011-05-12

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 8:04 pm

Darko Gyabi seems very much a development player at Leeds depsite costing them £5m. Does Foster's contacts list only include kids who once played for England U19s? We need some EXPERIENCE!
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser


Posts : 510
Join date : 2023-01-01

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 8:45 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Bugger me we could have Kevin De Byrne on loan and there would still be some negative comments. First away win on Saturday!

Not really negative, just not the pants jizzing nonsense that seems to be prevalent about these two signings. Does it not concern you, the relative inexperience of these players? For sure they have come from big clubs and have England age group qualifications but so did Ashley Smith Brown and Tafari Moore and they didn't work out well. This is going to be a tough second half of the season and i really do hope that these blokes are up to it but the "great signing" stuff is yet to be proven for me.

Never heard of Bali Mumba when he pitched up last season !
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7467
Join date : 2014-03-30

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 9:12 pm

He's that good that leeds are prepared to let him go on loan to a club in the same division, foster has to go.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5863
Join date : 2015-07-08

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 9:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Standard Liege have confirmed that Isaac Hayden will return to Newcastle United after the Magpies activated a recall clause. Hayden will now return to Tyneside, however, he is likely to move on-loan again before the winter transfer window closes.

He will likely spend the second half of the campaign in the Championship.
That’s because four clubs are reportedly interested in taking him on-loan. Plymouth Argyle, Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City and Sheffield Wednesday Hayden, who will turn 29 in March,

so grovehill which of those 4 are going to pay £50000 a week???   i await your answer to that question.
Birmingham with there Yankee money but not hallett though with his yankee money lol
Newcastle will heavily subsidise his wages to 40 grand with the loanees paying about 10 grand a week of it I reckon
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 11, 2024 9:29 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Standard Liege have confirmed that Isaac Hayden will return to Newcastle United after the Magpies activated a recall clause. Hayden will now return to Tyneside, however, he is likely to move on-loan again before the winter transfer window closes.

He will likely spend the second half of the campaign in the Championship.
That’s because four clubs are reportedly interested in taking him on-loan. Plymouth Argyle, Blackburn Rovers, Birmingham City and Sheffield Wednesday Hayden, who will turn 29 in March,

so grovehill which of those 4 are going to pay £50000 a week???   i await your answer to that question.
Birmingham with there Yankee money but not hallett though with his yankee money lol
Newcastle will heavily subsidise his wages to 40 grand with the loanees paying about 10 grand a week of it I reckon

I agree that they will pay the majority of his wage but i still feel they off load him on to a club that is likely to sign him in the summer to get him off their books and Birmingham seems the only option for that. Even if this guy is out of contract in the summer he will go to the club thats likely to make the nearest offer to his reported wage on loan which rules us out 2 times now.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6988
Join date : 2011-05-12

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 12, 2024 6:52 pm

Whittaker to West Ham now doing the rounds. The club needs to do every thing possible to keep him here until the summer. I hope wherever he's going they can wait three and a half months for him!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 12, 2024 8:03 pm

Gilsphrey has left the club for Charlton.

All the best to him, not a championship player so its for the best he moves on and we get a nice bit of cash for it.



So to date we need

1 defender as we where short before we signed the spurs player on loan so another is needed preferably with experience of the championship.

1 defensive midfielder to replace warrington as hes injured and not likely to be back. Lets see if this newcastle guy comes after all doubt it but argyle have pulled off shock's before.

1 creative midfielder to replace azaz/cundle we've signed one attacking midfielder so another is need again preferably one with experience of the championship.

1 striker cause we need one.

Freathy wrote:
Whittaker to West Ham now doing the rounds.  The club needs to do every thing possible to keep him here until the summer.  I hope wherever he's going they can wait three and a half months for him!

hes better off going in the summer for many reasons and the club should hold fast on that and ignore the temptation to push in their chips when they could get more if morgan continues to impress in the summer. Also the more we get the better it is for us as Swansea have a sell on clause thats 30% allegedly.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2761
Join date : 2021-12-06

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 6:39 pm

Angry wrote:
Gilsphrey has left the club for Charlton.

All the best to him, not a championship player so its for the best he moves on and we get a nice bit of cash for it.



So to date we need

1 defender as we where short before we signed the spurs player on loan so another is needed preferably with experience of the championship.

1 defensive midfielder to replace warrington as hes injured and not likely to be back. Lets see if this newcastle guy comes after all doubt it but argyle have pulled off shock's before.

1 creative midfielder to replace azaz/cundle we've signed one attacking midfielder so another is need again preferably one with experience of the championship.

1 striker cause we need one.

Freathy wrote:
Whittaker to West Ham now doing the rounds.  The club needs to do every thing possible to keep him here until the summer.  I hope wherever he's going they can wait three and a half months for him!

hes better off going in the summer for many reasons and the club should hold fast on that and ignore the temptation to push in their chips when they could get more if morgan continues to impress in the summer. Also the more we get the better it is for us as Swansea have a sell on clause thats 30% allegedly.

Add 1 right full back who can cover left back if needed to replace the spot vacated by kessler-hayden
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully


Posts : 944
Join date : 2012-04-24

January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 6:51 pm

Warrington gone too now. So all four of our loanees from the start of the season have been recalled within a fortnight of the window open. OK Warrington may well have been sent back anyway, but it's safe to say the loan system hasn't worked for us this season as well as last season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Sponsored content





January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January Transfer Window   January Transfer Window - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
January Transfer Window
Back to top 
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» January transfer window verdict
» Argyle January transfer window strategy
» Rate Brents January Transfer Window.
» January window
» Transfer window

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: