RegGreen
VillageGreen
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 8:52 am

How you can you describe that game ..well here goes it was somethink in the middle off between a right load of shit & absolute wank shocking performance..just heard the post match interview with schuey on radio Devon …his basically saying it was a embarrassment we were shit players wernt doing the right things slow to the first ball anyway seems his blamed everyone except himself for picking that team in the first place ..absolutely shocking there was no need for 7 changes
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 9:05 am

Was a truly awful night, like stepping back in time

Crap on the pitch and taking abuse from a certain moron off it this morning. Maybe time to go back into football already
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 9:12 am

Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
i truly am interesting how he justifies this selection... the players cant be in need of a rest when they just had the international break off and played once since. Norwich will be a very tough game tougher than tonight so i hope schuey isnt thinking of playing azaz at right back and mumba in another position hes not used too.

At least there is one small postitive from tonight..... hugh middle wont be on to gloat giving the hammering exeter are getting at home from Reading lmao 8-0 as of this post.
Only the EFL trophy.  I doubt there's a single first team player in the whole Exeter squad for this one.

true but christ thats still a bad result and reading played their kids aswell never the less we are shite tonight and we treated this game like a efl trophy game ffs.
the trouble is the so called bigger clubs in this league have all  made changes for tonight’s games the likes of boro West Brom and a few others have tonight ..but our squad and 2nd string are nowhere near as good as the above sides mentioned ..harsh lesson learnt by schuey you can’t copy what other teams are doing when our squad & reserves are still at L1 level at best and that’s being generous specially the defence absolutely shocking
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 9:18 am

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:
i truly am interesting how he justifies this selection... the players cant be in need of a rest when they just had the international break off and played once since. Norwich will be a very tough game tougher than tonight so i hope schuey isnt thinking of playing azaz at right back and mumba in another position hes not used too.

At least there is one small postitive from tonight..... hugh middle wont be on to gloat giving the hammering exeter are getting at home from Reading lmao 8-0 as of this post.
Only the EFL trophy.  I doubt there's a single first team player in the whole Exeter squad for this one.

true but christ thats still a bad result and reading played their kids aswell never the less we are shite tonight and we treated this game like a efl trophy game ffs.
the trouble is the so called bigger clubs in this league have all  made changes for tonight’s games the likes of boro West Brom and a few others have tonight ..but our squad and 2nd string are nowhere near as good as the above sides mentioned ..harsh lesson learnt by schuey you can’t copy what other teams are doing when our squad & reserves are still at L1 level at best and that’s being generous specially the defence absolutely shocking

Preston made 1 change to their team last night after the game Vs us on Saturday.  So either shuey is full of shit or the squad is very unfit.  I’d go with the first to be honest.  Momentum is everything - take Warrington as an example.  He’s hardly played and then expected to turn it on like a tap last night? times that by 7.  It’s such a basic error from the manager it’s unreal. Arrogance of the highest order!
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 1:45 pm

Calmed down a bit now, I do believe 7 changes were too much, our flair players and the leagues leading scorer were benched, baffling, however this was a very similar starting eleven that performed so well against palace so I think Schumacher’s partly right, why did they perform so badly?
Schumacher’s still learning his trade and I’m sure he would have learnt a lot about himself and some of those starters
Saturday will be quite interesting
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 2:47 pm

You’ve got to forget palace. That was like 3 weeks ago. No footballer can just stop start every 3/4 weeks. You need to build momentum and gain sharpness. Hence why only 3/4 changes would have been enough.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 3:22 pm

Shuey knows he made a huge mistake, he has got to pick a side that can beat Norwich on Saturday.

Just about recovered from the incredibly long day yesterday, got back at 3:50am this morning. I feel like death warmed up.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 6:01 pm

i dont agree with schuey and his statement of resting players after the preston game cause it took alot of the players,,, they had the international break off so they should be well rested for a game like that and a run in like we are on now. Make 2-3 changes sure but 7 is not wise nor needed.

we move on but boy saturday is going to be very tough game and if we dont put right the lessons from last night it could be a cricket score.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 7:14 pm

He's correct in what he said though, only t wright, warrington and waine are non regular first team starters, it was a poor performance and a defeat but the end result is no different to a good performance and a defeat(of which there have been a few recently). I think after last season he deserves the full support of the fanbase for a lot longer than some seem prepared to afford him, let's not forget he's still learning his trade at this level and doesn't have the experience of someone like dane.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 7:34 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
He's correct in what he said though, only t wright, warrington and waine are non regular first team starters, it was a poor performance and a defeat but the end result is no different to a good performance and a defeat(of which there have been a few recently). I think after last season he deserves the full support of the fanbase for a lot longer than some seem prepared to afford him, let's not forget he's still learning his trade at this level and doesn't have the experience of someone like dane.

Agree.

It's a tough division with quality sides in it, a vast number who are ex Prem.

If he can get through this season and keep Argyle up then the money the club will get will go along way to bolstering the squad next season.

If however, Argyle go a major wobbler and end up getting relegated back to League one, then he has to start again. Will the fans be willing to support him in attempts to try and get back up ?. I would hope so as I like Shuey.

Like you say he is learning as are the team, last night was bad and a harsh lesson. Having said that, we all remember last season and those terrible defeats at Posh, Charlton, Grimsby and Bolton at Wembley. Shuey and the players rallied after those defeats and the rest is history.

I still feel he should have recruited one or two Championship players with experience in the summer, someone who could calm heads and right wrongs.

It's pretty evident Argyle are one of the poorer sides in this division and only time will tell as to what happens. What will be, will be. I will be there again next season whatever the outcome is as will most of ATD.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 8:20 pm

I love Joe Edwards to bits, but The Championship is glaringly a step too far for him.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 11:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I love Joe Edwards to bits, but The Championship is glaringly a step too far for him.

No more so than some of the other members of the squad judging by last night. Edwards is an easy target because of his age and would certainly have got the flak if he had played at Preston when both goals came down the left hand side where he would have been positioned. I didn't see much of the game last night but the "highlights" did demonstrate a seeming unwillingness for midfielders [who Edwards gives a fair few years to] to track their man, the third goal when the guy could have done a quick ball juggling demonstration and still scored being a case in point. Disgraceful lack of professionalism, which is something that Edwards could never be accused of whether he's on his last legs or not. In the games that i've seen at HP Edwards has been fine,far greater problems to solve.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 8:55 am

Czarcasm wrote:
his getting on he can’t play every tuesday Saturday Tuesday anymore if you’ve noticed they have started playing him every other game I’ve noticed it’s a combination of 3 things his age taking longer to recovery between games & pick up slight niggles more easily now the older you get it comes to us all eventually unfortunately even though you still think your 20 everytime you put your boots on lol
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 5:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Edwards not messing with words when he says that there are quality teams this division and there are things you simply can't in this league.

Let's hope he is correct in his statement on righting a wrong.

Argyle down to 18th after results last night, a win is needed on Saturday and I would take a nervy 1-0 win in what will be a hard game.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 21, 2023 5:58 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
his getting on he can’t play every tuesday Saturday Tuesday anymore if you’ve noticed they have started playing him every other game I’ve noticed it’s a combination of 3 things his age taking longer to  recovery between games & pick up slight niggles more easily now the older you get it comes to us all eventually unfortunately even though you still think your 20 everytime you put your boots on lol

i would try to convert him to a central defender as we need one of them seeing as we are down one in options and galloway is injured again. put mumba back on the left and kesler-heyden on the right where he naturally plays.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 10:44 am

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

No more so than some of the other members of the squad judging by last night. Edwards is an easy target because of his age and would certainly have got the flak if he had played at Preston when both goals came down the left hand side where he would have been positioned. I didn't see much of the game last night but the "highlights" did demonstrate a seeming unwillingness for midfielders [who Edwards gives a fair few years to] to track their man, the third goal when the guy could have done a quick ball juggling demonstration and still scored being a case in point. Disgraceful lack of professionalism, which is something that Edwards could never be accused of whether he's on his last legs or not. In the games that i've seen at HP Edwards has been fine,far greater problems to solve.

I’d be delighted if Edwards goes on and plays the majority of games this season and does well. But on the strength of what I’ve seen so far, I think he’ll struggle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3