VillageGreen
Tgwu
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:11 pm

Game on randell
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:23 pm

Lol, scrap that, 3-1. Don't think I've ever seen an opposition player given so much space, callum wright at left back? Unbelievable jeff. Shoe E needs to be called in for a drugs test after this game.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:23 pm

Argo are a load of shite
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:26 pm

Even if he brings the A team on after the break we'll still be ultra shit.  Damage is done.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:26 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Lol, scrap that, 3-1. Don't think I've ever seen an opposition player given so much space, callum wright at left back? Unbelievable jeff. Shoe E needs to be called in for a drugs test after this game.

now warnock is out of work again after tonight he'd no worse than hiring him part time as an advisor so he gets to grips better with the championship (yes i am aware we beat huddersfield this season) dewsnip has his uses elsewhere for sure but this issue schuey has needs expertise this is a whole new world compared to league one.
Back to top Go down
Jambo Pasty

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:29 pm

FFS - getting run ragged. Another palmed Hazard gift. Come on Argo ffs
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:31 pm

Waine is not a Championship standard player.  None of the starting line up are.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:37 pm

Shorely Ted Lasso has picked that starting lineup.

Absolutely bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:43 pm

Think Schumacher’s been sniffing something, wtf is he thinking of making 7 fecking changes, worse I’ve seen them play for years.
Fecking awful
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:47 pm

What is Schumacher thinking with this starting lineup?  Injuries, illness?  Surely not resting them for Saturday.  But really concerning how dogshit our second string is.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:51 pm

i truly am interesting how he justifies this selection... the players cant be in need of a rest when they just had the international break off and played once since. Norwich will be a very tough game tougher than tonight so i hope schuey isnt thinking of playing azaz at right back and mumba in another position hes not used too.

At least there is one small postitive from tonight..... hugh middle wont be on to gloat giving the hammering exeter are getting at home from Reading lmao 8-0 as of this post.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 8:57 pm

Angry wrote:
i truly am interesting how he justifies this selection... the players cant be in need of a rest when they just had the international break off and played once since. Norwich will be a very tough game tougher than tonight so i hope schuey isnt thinking of playing azaz at right back and mumba in another position hes not used too.

At least there is one small postitive from tonight..... hugh middle wont be on to gloat giving the hammering exeter are getting at home from Reading lmao 8-0 as of this post.
Only the EFL trophy.  I doubt there's a single first team player in the whole Exeter squad for this one.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:05 pm

Freathy wrote:
Angry wrote:

Only the EFL trophy.  I doubt there's a single first team player in the whole Exeter squad for this one.

true but christ thats still a bad result and reading played their kids aswell never the less we are shite tonight and we treated this game like a efl trophy game ffs.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:30 pm

A team on and we're still garbage.  21st is the target but that's looking very dodgy atm.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:37 pm

Left at half time, Argyle were outplayed and outclassed. Fans now turning against Shuey. He does not deserve that.

Argyle are not a Championship side, plain and simple.

Lose at home to Norwich and the fans will be baying for the blood of Shuey. Such a shame for the lad.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:42 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Left at half time, Argyle were outplayed and outclassed. Fans now turning against Shuey. He does not deserve that.

Lose at home to Norwich and the fans will be baying for the blood of Shuey. Such a shame for the lad.

Argyle reserves aren’t, no.

Schumacher deserves any stick he got tonight. That team selection was lunacy, and it showed up as soon as we kicked off.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:43 pm

Can’t dress that performance up, painful too watch, absolutely diabolical, too many changes, too many misplaced passes and basically beaten by a far better team
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:46 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

it comes with the territory sadly village with football managers, last season is a distant memory and when he selects half strength teams in front of probably the biggest away following the green army will put up this season (3000 odd i believe) he will cop it for that i cant for the life of me understand his thinking behind it i hope he explains it later in his post match press comments. I'm not going to call for his head like the fans you mention seem to be but tonight he needs to learn we cant play 4-3-3 away from home it does not work and he doesnt have the strength in the squad to "rest" key players. Also from me when you spend £1m on two players who where exceptional last season play them in the roles they excelled in not in new roles that they arent as effective in.

im still going to be happy with 21st this season.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 9:56 pm

I predicted 23rd and I'm very confident we can achieve that.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 10:00 pm

It wasnt just the players who started that were shit. When Mumba, Whittaker, Hardie, Azaz and Houghton came on we were just as shit. Extremely worrying. Think we will be relegated.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 10:14 pm

Some very harsh home truths dished out at Ashton gate tonight, notwithstanding the rather bizarre team selection. No matter what team is on the pitch,if you have any pretensions to being a squad of championship quality then 2-0 down after 8 minutes is not going to cut any mustard. Got in late tonight and didn't see much of the game -enough though to see the turnips cut Argyle to ribbons with a move from a throw for the 4th goal. Disturbingly easy and one point from 4 away games shows all too clearly where Argyle are going to have get the majority of their points from this season to have any hope of avoiding the drop. Norwich on saturday won't be any easier-to be fair Argyle have had a tough run of fixtures but that's life in this league unfortunately and lessons need to be learned very quickly. It was a very odd selection tonight but the overarching truth is that clubs like Bristol City and Preston are light years ahead of Argyle in terms of both playing squad depth/quality and infrastructure and i hope that fact is taken into account when judgements are made on the manager-seen too many managerial careers stunted at Home park to believe that whoever is in the managers chair is the sole issue when it comes to apportioning blame for struggles in the second tier.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 10:23 pm

Probably the worst performance under Schuey, expected 1 or 2 changes but not 7 with all of our potential match winners on the bench. The team looked like strangers at the start and once again we're 2 down before you could fart. There was no link up play, no-one could keep the ball we just kept giving it away.

Randell was the pick of a pretty poor bunch, a great strike for the goal, Cundle found some great spaces but Waine doesn't make the same runs as Hardie so the chances were wasted. When he did get a chance. almost an open goal, he missed it when it looked easier to score. Dan Scarr, normally so reliable, was all over the place tonight, Gibson had to do his job as well at times.

Still not sure about Hazard, good shot stopper, but crosses whether on the ground or in the air, really trouble him, which cost us the first 2 goals.

Marginal improvement in the second half, we kept the ball better but never looked like troubling them.

Chastening evening, hope we'll learn that we can't make wholesale changes in this league and expect to compete. The two Wrights, Warrington and Waine don't look to be the required standard at the moment.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 11:02 pm

Let's be honest here, we are not a Championship side or club, end of.

We went up last season too soon, and too quickly.

I am as gutted as everyone is, to lose against shitty like that is painful, very painful. They have been an established Championship club for a few years now and have the money to prove it. We on the other hand have just come up from a League One that was in truth, shit.

If we manage to stay up the club will get £13 million for that. A lot of cash to play with and the like.

I said a 21st finish would be ideal and I will stick with that.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 19, 2023 11:31 pm

from the link wrote:
On his team selection, Schumacher said: "The thinking behind it was obviously it was a tough game on Saturday. It took a lot out of everybody physically so we decided to make changes.

"I know seven sounds a lot. Four of them players that started the game tonight, though, are regular starters. Joe Edwards and Dan Scarr play virtually every game for us.

"Callum Wright was our best player for the majority of the end of last season, and Adam Randell has played loads of games. There is not an issue with them four players coming into the team.

"The three young lads who were making first Championship starts, if you don't put them in you are never going to know what they can do. In hindsight, because we have been battered four-one it obviously doesn't look a great decision."

Schumacher added: "Hindsight is a brilliant thing. I knew going into the game if it doesn't go well people are going to have a go at you. If it does well then they are going to call you a genius.

"That's on me, it's my decision, I decided to make the seven changes and, as I have just said, four of them changes are regular starters anyway so I'm not bothered about that. The other three lads in a tough game and a tough night that we didn't get going, it was hard work for them."

whole article is here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 20, 2023 1:18 am

Angry wrote:
from the link wrote:
On his team selection, Schumacher said: "The thinking behind it was obviously it was a tough game on Saturday. It took a lot out of everybody physically so we decided to make changes.

"I know seven sounds a lot. Four of them players that started the game tonight, though, are regular starters. Joe Edwards and Dan Scarr play virtually every game for us.

"Callum Wright was our best player for the majority of the end of last season, and Adam Randell has played loads of games. There is not an issue with them four players coming into the team.

"The three young lads who were making first Championship starts, if you don't put them in you are never going to know what they can do. In hindsight, because we have been battered four-one it obviously doesn't look a great decision."

Schumacher added: "Hindsight is a brilliant thing. I knew going into the game if it doesn't go well people are going to have a go at you. If it does well then they are going to call you a genius.

"That's on me, it's my decision, I decided to make the seven changes and, as I have just said, four of them changes are regular starters anyway so I'm not bothered about that. The other three lads in a tough game and a tough night that we didn't get going, it was hard work for them."

whole article is here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What a load of nonsense. He will know full well that despite the result they played well Saturday and momentum is massive. But making so many change in one go makes it very hard to maintain that momentum

They are coming off the back of a 2 week break so why do they need a rest. Massive mistake by the manager tonight and to make matters worse he then publicly hangs them out to dry in his post match interview.

Shuey’s rep took a dent tonight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle    Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol City v Plymouth Argyle
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next