Nick
lawnmowerman
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

The Cobi Budge match report  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Cobi Budge match report    The Cobi Budge match report  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 6:12 am

So in short, we are largely crap and lacking in inspiration/ direction. Our best performers will almost certainly go back to their clubs or move elsewhere.

If we stay up, will we retain Fletcher , will the Avivas go wild over a season of lower mid table mediocrity, or will it be another roller coaster flirtation with relegation for the club that wouldn't die ?

We're Argyle. Will we ever learn ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Cobi Budge match report    The Cobi Budge match report  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:09 am

You sound disappointed Tring. I don't know why. We've won and we look like we'll avoid relegation that I believe some on here said was a certainty.

Will I be happy? Flipping delighted.

As it happens I don't think Fletcher will be here next season. His contract is up and let's say he's on 5k a week I don't think 250k a year is the type of League 2 salary James Brent and other Chairman consider good value.

For a non qualified manager in his first job under these circumstances everyone can say goodbye with genuine thanks and Fletch has a nice line on his CV.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: The Cobi Budge match report    The Cobi Budge match report  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 8:21 am

Agree with several of the points on here. We scored from a Wotton free kick out wide, from which an unmarked Tsoumou powered in a decent header. We won a dodgey freekick on the edge of the box (the Bradford player won the ball- my bro thought it was for shirt pulling) which Williams struck the post with.

We then seemd to sit back with the back four too deep. This allowed Bradford time and space- Walton and wotton were chasing (well lumbering after) shadows and could not cope. Bradford pressed very high in the first half and when we did have possession walton or hemmings usually gave it away.

We came into the game a bit more in the second- Bradford and then Tsoumou had chances to score. Chadwick fluffed a few shots. Cole's keeping was worrying with himfluffing and punching a number of efforts. I think Berry (?) header one corner chance off the line (and Cole pulled off a couple of decent saves). Duke also saved well from a rasping Wotton drive. Both defences looked dodgey with pinball incidents in both 18 yard boxes. They scored in the 89th minute but it did look offside.

Andy D'urso was as inconsistent as ever and how he was a Premiership ref I don't know. As 'swilly chris' (Lyndhurst block 14) shouted out "D'urso- you've made a shit game worse!".

Crap match which could have gone either way, but its 3 points. If (and its a big 'if') we win our next 2, we'll stay up- we must get at least a draw at Hereford.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The Cobi Budge match report    The Cobi Budge match report  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:50 am

Nick Wall wrote:
You sound disappointed Tring. I don't know why. We've won and we look like we'll avoid relegation that I believe some on here said was a certainty.

Will I be happy? Flipping delighted.

As it happens I don't think Fletcher will be here next season. His contract is up and let's say he's on 5k a week I don't think 250k a year is the type of League 2 salary James Brent and other Chairman consider good value.

For a non qualified manager in his first job under these circumstances everyone can say goodbye with genuine thanks and Fletch has a nice line on his CV.

Ejection from the FL (relegation is an incorrect term here) looks very likely to me! And I fully expect it to happen. But if by some miracle we do avoid being thrown out of the league all we've got to look forward to is more of the same in 2012/13. Over the close season brent's wallet will remain firmly shut as the only L2 standard players we have depart. And if not fletcher in charge then some equally inept but even cheaper option will replace him. Absolutely nothing will be done to tempt me and many others back to Home Park.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cobi Budge match report    The Cobi Budge match report  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Cobi Budge match report
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2