Grovehill
RegGreen
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Graiser

Graiser

Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 10:37 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
On balance I think we will win this. 2 0. Deffo be 2 1 though because the fooking useless Conor Hourihane is playing for them, another one we let go for fook all in a "good bit of business".

We’ll if he was fooking useless it didn’t matter did it
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 10:41 pm

We didn’t seem to be at it first half, Burton not to blame for their goal, second half we were brilliant, for all Derby’s forward talent they didn’t actually achieve much
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 11:29 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
On balance I think we will win this. 2 0. Deffo be 2 1 though because the fooking useless Conor Hourihane is playing for them, another one we let go for fook all in a "good bit of business".

But the thing is he is really, really good, I was being sarcastic, since he left us he has been signed by Barnsley, Aston Villa who loaned him to Swansea, then Sheffield United and now Derby, its only probably now 9 years after we sold him for fook all that he's come back down to be at our level, he has always played a league or two above where we are now and two or three above where we were when we sold him. I think it reinforces my argument that we should never sell our best players especially for fook all.
I bet we could have got £.5m for Hardie in January I wonder where in the table we would be now if we had had done? Out of contract in the summer I mean we would be mental not to sell him wouldn't we? Tbf Im not that clever better ask Czarky?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 11:32 pm

Graiser wrote:
We didn’t seem to be at it first half, Burton not to blame for their  goal, second half we were brilliant, for all Derby’s forward talent they didn’t actually achieve much

Lonwick gifted them the goal but Burton didn't do great, he tried to block he should have tackled him.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:14 am

Couldn’t get much worse than the first half last night. Second half I thought argyle were brilliant and what an atmosphere. It’s those games they will look back on at end of the season as the big moments that might secure promotion
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:07 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

But the thing is he is really, really good, I was being sarcastic, since he left us he has been signed by Barnsley, Aston Villa who loaned him to Swansea, then Sheffield United and now Derby, its only probably now  9 years after we sold him for fook all that he's come back down to be at our level, he has always played a league or two above where we are now and two or three above where we were when we sold him. I think it reinforces my argument that we should never sell our best players especially for fook all.  
I bet we could have got £.5m for Hardie in January I wonder where in the table we would be now if we had had done? Out of contract in the summer I mean we would be mental not to sell him wouldn't we? Tbf Im not that clever better ask Czarky?

Put you in a phone box and you’d literally be arguing with yourself within minutes. lol!

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:27 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I bet we could have got £.5m for Hardie in January I wonder where in the table we would be now if we had had done?

I’ll undulge you for a minute Ears because this is a pearler.

You’re actually trying to slag Argyle off…for something that never even happened! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:46 am

Enjoy Hardie while he’s here. He’s off this summer unfortunately no matter what league Argyle are in
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:54 am

Dane wrote:
Enjoy Hardie while he’s here.   He’s off this summer unfortunately no matter what league Argyle are in

That's fine by me, he's a handful at times but certainly not irreplaceable.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 9:57 am

Agree
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 10:55 am

First half wasn't the best, but you have to give Derby credit for the way they set up denying us space in the middle and both flanks. Fortunately they ran out of steam and looked an average side second half, and we just overpowered them. Once the first went in, there was only going to be one winner.

Once again, Shuey's subs made the difference, (how many times as he done that?), and the whole team raised their games after the interval. Azaz found a lot more space, Mumba switching to the right caused them problems, and there was a much better balance to the side. Lonwijk and Gillesphey were much better at the back with Bolton there.

Soft penalty but there was contact, so the right decision and overall the ref had a good game. He reffed the Exeter match here and he was good then as well, so there is at least one decent ref in L1.

Big win in the context of the top 6 - that probably puts Derby out of automatic promotion contention, along with Bolton, so down to 4 now, us , Weds, Barnsley and Ipswich. Given the other 3 have to play each other and after Saturday our fixtures get a bit easier, we now have a great chance.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 10:58 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I bet we could have got £.5m for Hardie in January I wonder where in the table we would be now if we had had done?

I’ll undulge you for a minute Ears because this is a pearler.

You’re actually trying to slag Argyle off…for something that never even happened! LOL.

It could have been worse, we could have spent money on a player who got injured and didn't play all season.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 12:21 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

But the thing is he is really, really good, I was being sarcastic, since he left us he has been signed by Barnsley, Aston Villa who loaned him to Swansea, then Sheffield United and now Derby, its only probably now  9 years after we sold him for fook all that he's come back down to be at our level, he has always played a league or two above where we are now and two or three above where we were when we sold him. I think it reinforces my argument that we should never sell our best players especially for fook all.  

As far as I know Hardie didn’t tell the club he wanted to leave, not sign a new contract and have his agent touting him around other clubs. So it wouldn’t have happened.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 4:23 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

As far as I know Hardie didn’t tell the club he wanted to leave, not sign a new contract and have his agent touting him around other clubs. So it wouldn’t have happened.

God the bullshit and double standards are quite staggering. Hourihane who I was referring to originally did none of those things and we dont know that Pan did either, we know Schuey claimed he did but literally only two weeks after saying he was only for sale for £27m.
Anyway why wouldn't selling Hardie for £.5m in January not be good business like selling Pan, Hourihane and Purrington was?
Until everyone stops applauding all this "good business" we will always be watching the likes of Derby and co. sail past us again, and they will, maybe not this season but give it two years and I bet all our rivals will be above us.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 4:37 pm

Must say that was a good game there. Derby looked well dangerous in the first half and Argyle looked good in the second half.

Pleased to get the three points.

Bit of a hoo-ha in the lower Mayflower seats when Derby scored as there were some Derby fans sat there with an Argyle friend. Stewards were a tad keen moving them out as some Argyle fans looked liked they were going to smack them, plod were there too with cameras out. Heard they were all on a corporate package.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 6:15 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

God the bullshit  and double standards are quite staggering. Hourihane who I was referring to originally did none of those things and we dont know that Pan did either, we know Schuey claimed he did but literally only two weeks after saying he was only for sale for £27m.
Anyway why wouldn't selling Hardie for £.5m in January not be good business like selling Pan, Hourihane and Purrington was?
Until everyone stops applauding all this "good business" we will always be watching the likes of Derby and co. sail past us again, and they will, maybe not this season but give it two years and I bet all our rivals will be above us.

Never let the facts get in the way of kicking the club at every opportunity.

Hourihaine wasn’t sold for nothing, 200k fee
Your love child Camara wouldn’t sign a new contract, wasn’t our best player and has hardly not played at all for us or his new club this season, 500k fee.
Hardie why would we sell arguably our best striker in our current league position?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 7:33 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

God the bullshit  and double standards are quite staggering. Hourihane who I was referring to originally did none of those things and we dont know that Pan did either, we know Schuey claimed he did but literally only two weeks after saying he was only for sale for £27m.

Your love child Camara wouldn’t sign a new contract, wasn’t our best player and has hardly not played at all for us or his new club this season, 500k fee.
Hardie why would we sell arguably our best striker in our current league position?

Good point. Did you ask the same question when Norris and Gosling were sold when Argyle had their best chance of getting to the top flght for 40 odd years in 2007?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 7:42 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Good point. Did you ask the same question when Norris and Gosling were sold when Argyle had their best chance of getting to the top flght for 40 odd years in 2007?

the shysters running the club where busy fire fighting with the finances selling of the china and replacing it with tuppleware. Certain forums should have been asking questions as to why these players where being practically given away so quickly and not blindly back the board and ban fans who did question it.

However, regardless to whether or not the board kept hold of those players nothing was going to get us in the premiership under Sturrock v2.0
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 7:44 pm

Went last night.  Shocking first half and thought my prediction of only a 1-3 defeat was looking somewhat optimistic.  But a completely different team after the break with the changes. Couldn't see when Azaz was brought down for the pen but looking at the Sky replays I think it was a pen albeit a soft one.  Maybe some refs would not have given it.  Matete thoroughly deserved MOTM even though he played less than half the match.  Derby definitely have a problem playing 90 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:08 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Not so much Gosling, however Norris was indeed a sad loss so in his case yes I did.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 11:14 am

Greenskin wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Yes I did. I am nothing if not consistent.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 11:49 am

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Oh the old "Nool or latterly known as the Czarky position", you'm not a praper fan, you'm just a mouth breathing neghead, easier to dismiss a valid argument out of hand then.
As for Camara here is what a tractor bhey said in a thread that he started about Ladapo another one we sold for fook all (£200k for Hourihane lmfao btw),

"I think those stats are pretty impressive tbh, yes 20% Accuracy is the lowest of the 12 but look where leading scorer Clarke-Harris finishes in that stat, our Freddie finishes in the Top four in every other stat, almost top of the most accurate is pretty impressive too.

Not gonna lie these figures are even better than I expected, so in a nutshell, to all you anti Ladapo tossers 😉 you don't know wtf you're on about."

Now back to Camara, wouldn't sign a new contract? Neither would Hardie so he will leave on a free in the summer, quoted as being the real reason we sold Camara, has Hardie stopped playing for us? Is he kicking his heels in the stands in a strop? Is he fook he is our leading scrorer FFS, yet if the club had announced he was off in January for £500k you and all the other knobbers would be saying what great business it is. Imagine if we had Camara coming back to fitness for the run in? Hardie will go because sadly there are loads of clubs out there happy to buy players of quality rather than fields and five a side pitches.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 1:12 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Oh the old "Nool or latterly known as the Czarky position", you'm not a praper fan, you'm just a mouth breathing neghead, easier to dismiss a valid argument out of hand then.
As for Camara here is what a tractor bhey said in a thread that he started about Ladapo another one we sold for fook all (£200k for Hourihane lmfao btw),

"I think those stats are pretty impressive tbh, yes 20% Accuracy is the lowest of the 12 but look where leading scorer Clarke-Harris finishes in that stat, our Freddie finishes in the Top four in every other stat, almost top of the most accurate is pretty impressive too.

Not gonna lie these figures are even better than I expected, so in a nutshell, to all you anti Ladapo tossers 😉 you don't know wtf you're on about."

Now back to Camara, wouldn't sign a new contract? Neither would Hardie so he will leave on a free in the summer, quoted as being the real reason we sold Camara, has Hardie stopped playing for us? Is he kicking his heels in the stands in a strop? Is he fook he is our leading scrorer FFS, yet if the club had announced he was off in January for £500k you and all the other knobbers would be saying what great business it is. Imagine if we had Camara coming back to fitness for the run in? Hardie will go because sadly there are loads of clubs out there happy to buy players of quality rather than fields and five a side pitches.

Imagine if we had Harry Kane or Grealish et al, mad comment, the whole point is we wouldn’t have had Camara at all this season.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 1:46 pm

Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Imagine if we had Harry Kane or Grealish et al, mad comment, the whole point is we wouldn’t have had Camara at all this season.

So the old saved by hindsight comment from Gypsy Acora. So no comment on letting Hardies contract run down? There is literally no difference and if we had sold Hardie in January or god forbid last summer would we be second now?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 09, 2023 4:52 pm

Are you arguing with someone in a parallel universe Ears? Who the feck has even mentioned Ladapo, apart from you?

I think you’ve gone a bit nuts.

Yours truly

Ian Newell. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ram it up em (Derby match thread)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next