Les Miserable
Grovehill
RegGreen
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

Ram it up em (Derby match thread) Empty
PostSubject: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 1:02 pm

Two massive games in the space of 4 days is 6pts to much to ask for ?
Tbh I fancy us tonight it won’t be easy but quite looking forward to the game and with another full house behind em should see us over the line ..Barnsley will be the more tricker task on saturday 3pts tonight & point Saturday I’d take that
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 1:09 pm

I agree, 4 points out of six will do us fine.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 1:14 pm

I think well win tonight, I've even bet on it at almost 2/1, great odds I thought. COYG
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 2:09 pm

Not feeling great today so may reluctantly give it a miss and watch on the box. Argyle have a good record in big games against Derby at HP and hopefully that will continue tonight with a 2-1 win
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 5:16 pm

Got to win this one really, what with Ipswich at home to Accy and Barnsley at home to Pompey.
Back to top Go down
Graiser

Graiser

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 5:30 pm

Need these 3 points tonight and I think we’ll get em.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 5:52 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
I think well win tonight, I've even bet on it at almost 2/1, great odds I thought. COYG

Yeah all the bookies I’ve checked with have Derby as favourites to win the game. They really don’t fancy Argyle.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 6:30 pm

Too big an ask to get anything against these.  Think we'll be well beaten tonight.

1-3
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 7:03 pm

On balance I think we will win this. 2 0. Deffo be 2 1 though because the fooking useless Conor Hourihane is playing for them, another one we let go for fook all in a "good bit of business".
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 8:17 pm

Bollox 1-0 derby
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 8:37 pm

FFS Barnsley winning 2-0 & lpswich winning 1-0
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 8:50 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Yeah all the bookies I’ve checked with have Derby as favourites to win the game. They really don’t fancy Argyle.

They aren't daft. If I'd known lonwick was coming back into the team I'd have kept my 50p geek
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:08 pm

Not over until the fat cornishman sings. Fooking hell we look naive at times. I like a high line but everyone in the other half ffs? Burton should have done better, Wilson is shite and why did Shoey change a back 3 that kept a clean sheet last week? Pundit said "Derby really punish teams that play 3 at the back, shame shoey hasn't watched the matches they have. Like I say we just look a bit naive, fair play to Derby they are excellent defensively and their experience shows. Mcgoldrick is excellent and so is young Wright.
Argyles play is just not linking up, bad comms between Mayor and Mumba and Hardie and Azaz, we are getting into the game shame we haven't got Cossy on the bench (wtf not in fact) if Derby get another one we are fooked, if we get one back the game is ours for the taking I still feel quietly confident of getting something from the game.
Sky sports picture excellent, no buffering, glitching proper professional take note Argyle TV.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:10 pm

The Derby striker ML is Jimmy Greaves love child foreshore, have you seen the chin on the cnut?
Ipswich 2 points behind at present.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:19 pm

1-1 Calum right ..yayyyyy the comebacks on come on Argo
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:27 pm

PENALTY!!!…..Hardie yessssssssss oh F#[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yesssss 2-1
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:34 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
The Derby striker ML is Jimmy Greaves love child foreshore, have you seen the chin on the cnut?

More Jimmy Hill or Bruce Forsyth.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:57 pm

3 more points in the bag. Level on points with Wednesday, 2nd on goal difference.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 9:59 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

More Jimmy Hill or Bruce Forsyth.

Was Roberts but BF foes:lol!: hore
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 10:04 pm

Games like that are what makes the difference between promotion and not promotion, superb second half, whatever anyone had said if we had lost that we would have seriously fooked our chances and given a massive shot in the arm to Ipswich. hardie MOM for me, ran his socks off and scares the crap out of the opposition. Lonwick in a losing team looks like a liability (which ue was trying to play the offside trap on the halfway line for their goal) yet in a winning attacking Argyle side looks fooking great.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 10:07 pm

Proverbial game of two halves. Argyle were nervy and very exposed at the back against those class players in the Derby line up-sorry-just don't like the 3 at the back system. Whereas Butcher and Houghton had strong games on Saturday they were blotted out by Derby and the introduction of the two subs and a couple of positional changes was the turning point-basically Argyle dominated after that and i think just about shaded the game in the end. Bit of a soft penalty but the guy was very silly to leave his leg dangling and coolly finished from the spot by Hardie. Great win in the end but still can't shake Ipswich off, all you can do is to keep winning.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 10:13 pm

BOOOOM ... Much better 2nd half, matete is a beast.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 10:17 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
BOOOOM ... Much better 2nd half, matete is a beast.

Was the stat 90 games and 30 bookings? He don't hold back does he?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 10:23 pm

Sky embarking on their "manager for sale" segment.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 10:32 pm

definately a game of 2 halves!!!

first half was probably the worst ive seen us at home since we played franchise fc and 2nd was one of the most passionate ive seen from the lads in a while.

schuey must have read the riot act at halftime cause it got the desired reaction, the subs came on and changed or fortunes and turned the tide, c wright had his best game imo for us tonight which im happy about as i havent been impressed by him in the last few outings, jay matete bossed the middle of the park, lonwijk really came into his own too. Bolton plated very well, has to be said azaz and mayor worked their socks off and hardie battled hard.

derby were very good first half their goal was well worked mcgoldrick is still a baller at his age, great to see hourihane.

overall very important win and a big 3 points against a playoff contender that edges us closer to promotion more so. How Wednesday are still having games in hand is crazy of the scheduling as they now have 2 after tonight so could go 6 points clear before we know it.

on to the next game to do it all over again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ram it up em (Derby match thread)   Ram it up em (Derby match thread) Empty

Back to top Go down

Ram it up em (Derby match thread)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next