AstiSpumante
Freathy
Tgwu
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread Empty
PostSubject: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 1:48 pm

The 100th Dockyard Derby

Plymouth Argyle v Portsmouth

Man in the middle DARREN HANDLEY Games 12 YELLOWS 41 REDS 2

Assisted by Robert Dabbs and Matt Eva

Fourth Official: Mark Pottage

Argyle news

The biggest game, bar none, this season in Sky Bet League Two, between the biggest clubs, with the biggest support, in Sky Bet League Two.

The last time the two teams met, as recently as May, more than 15,000 people crammed into a sold-out Home Park - and witnessed a famous Pilgrims' victory.

We are expecting a similar display of passion and emotion this weekend - ticket sales shot through the 10,000 barrier on Tuesday and sales have been brisk ever since.

THE match kicks off at 3pm. However, it would help you, and us, if you could please arrive early and ease the anticipated pressure on the Home Park turnstiles.  

USE public transport, whenever possible

No Pay-on-the-Gate for Pompey Match

THE Home Park Ticket Office has extended hours on Friday, October 14, from 9am-6pm.

Ticket Office will open at 9am on Saterday morning for sales and collections.

TURNSTILES to the Mayflower Grandstand, Devonport end, Lyndhurst and Barn Park end all open at 1.30pm. (from Argyle Media)

Team new Sawyer,Threlkeid,Garita and Brunt Looks like they all be missing from the sqaud on Saterday.

Arnold Garita has failed to pass muster, heading a small injury-list.
He’s out for Saturday’s game, but progressing well,” said Derek. Gary Sawyer has had his operation on Tuesday; Oscar Threlkeld has still got a knee injury from the Wimbledon game; and Ryan Brunt is long-term.

Portsmouth News

Pompey eye revenge in modern-day rivalry

No longer do Pompey possess the upper hand over the Pilgrims on the thrilling drive for success.

Forget the image of Alan Biley in 1983, dismiss memories of Lassana Diarra in 2008, the Blues currently inhabit a different existence.

No more are Plymouth cast as disposable extras along the route – they have recently established themselves as fierce foes.

A modern-day rivalry has been constructed in League Two, featuring the division’s two biggest clubs.

On Saturday they will once more lock horns on this new scorched earth, Home Park supplying the stage.

Rightly, Derek Adams’ men will be regarded as favourites, home advantage and a present placing of top spot rendering it a tough ask for any visitor. (Their local rag)

Drew Talbot's had an 'up and down' start to his Pompey career but the former Sheffield Wednesday right back is on his way back from his hamstring injury

Pompey recorded their second away win of the season at Leyton Orient last week and Cook wants to see a similar level of application against Plymouth. Going for three wins
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 7:32 pm

I think we'll get a bit of a walloping a la Luton
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 9:58 pm

I'd take a point and maintain the current gap and unbeaten run. Nothing to fear though, in fact they should fear us at present but there's always that nagging doubt, this is Argyle we're talking about after all.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 10:32 pm

Freathy wrote:

Me too. 0-2, waddaya reckon ??? Sleep
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 6:15 am

Cook: No Plymouth feud - but we think we’re better

Paul Cook told Plymouth: You’re not our enemy.

But the Pompey boss admitted his men are driven by the desire to knock the League Two leaders off their perch at the top of the table.

Cook’s side travel to Home Park tomorrow as battle between the two sides recommences once again.

A rivalry has grown between the clubs across four clashes last season, culminating in the Pilgrims’ play-off semi-final success in May.

Cook stated there is no feud, but Derek Adams’ side currently have a status his men believe they are worthy of.

‘Plymouth are a good side. They are not our enemy,’ said the Pompey boss.

‘Every club has teams they supposedly don’t like and rivalries build up.

‘There’s nothing personal against Plymouth, though. Plymouth are Plymouth.

‘Rivalries are healthy. Our fans will travel down there, enjoy the build-up and it will be a good atmosphere.

‘Plymouth are top of the league. They’re top because, to date, they’re the best team.

‘But we’re 12 games in and we have a belief that we’re the best team in the league.

‘If we are going to be the best team we’ve got a few places to climb. This is the next game in that pursuit.

‘One of the reasons for the rivalry is because they’ve got the upper hand at the minute.

‘The reality is we want to be the best team in the league and want to be top.

‘They are top and they’ve got something we want.’

Cook admitted he’s still pained by the memory of his side’s play-off semi-final stoppage-time loss at Home Park back in May.

But he is using that hurt as inspiration for a game he feels is shaping up to be another fascinating showdown.

‘You are hurting, but those are the disappointments which drive you on,’ said Cook.

‘We are 12 games into this season. If anyone can say they are over it they are a better man than me.

‘Games against Plymouth have taken a similar path in how they hurt us and how we believe we’ll hurt them.

‘The play-off game at home, even at the time, people were saying what a game. It wasn’t for me – we never won.

‘When you dominate a team like we did, particularly in the latter stages, you have to win – especially in the play-offs.

‘That’s gone and it’s all history now. I’m sure Plymouth will have their own demons from Wembley.

‘It’s all about using them to inspire your team to be in the kind of place where they are.

‘I think I know how the game will go. I have a belief I know.

‘That’s between Derek’s and my own tactics, and how the game should be played.

‘They will have a belief in how they are going to win the game, and we will have a belief in how we will win.

‘When we are involved in these games we’re good.

‘It takes two teams to be involved in a good game.

‘We’ll certainly be one of the teams and, for me, Plymouth fit the bill as the other one.’

(Portsmouth rag)
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 7:10 am

Lord Melbury wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Me too. 0-2, waddaya reckon ??? Sleep  

All I'll say is glad I'm not going
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:23 pm

Wheres plebbys rally the troops speach for this one seems a bit quiet lately perhaps his got his head buried in other things (ladies vaginas)..just wondering if he still wants us to sing play up pompey...lol
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Normally I have a feeling about how a game will go.

This time I don't.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 9:46 pm

Tomorrow programme, do they go down well with the fans?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 6:57 am

I take a 2 - 1 win

Tanner in for slew, put Carey out wide
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 11:45 am

Here the bad weather, should pass through quite fast

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 12:22 pm

Dream on T sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 3:56 pm

HT, 1-0 Argyle....Songo'o Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 3:59 pm

Actually it's HT 1-1

Pompey should go on to win second half
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:02 pm

Yep, 1-1, apologies. Nipped out early to beat the queue for the loos Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Hanging on again.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:50 pm

Inevitable

Season over
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 4:53 pm

two all in a shite sounding game, another £22 saved.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 5:14 pm

Pompey Doncaster will strengthen in the January window we all know Argyle wont!....Brent out!
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 5:33 pm

Good game and excellent atmosphere. Point each about fair I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 6:17 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:

F
Agreed, fair result and a good atmosphere, a few on here sound a bit disappointed we didn't lose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 6:18 pm

Freathy wrote:
Inevitable

Have you ever thought about supporting Exeter, some of your "predictions " may come true the

Season over

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 6:22 pm

Freathy is the generalisimo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 6:30 pm

pilgrimfather wrote:

I'd agree with that. My point i have been saying all season so far that we are exposed against pace and pompeys 1st goal proved it.

When is Garrita back???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread   The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey  match day thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The 100th Dockyard Derby. Guzz v Pompey match day thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next