Freathy
Earwegoagain
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Truss and the economy. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 9:12 am

Fifteen per cent cut to services in all departments apart from health, do we have any services left to cut? All to pay for tax cuts which will only make the gap between rich and poor even wider. Come back Boris all is forgiven. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 9:52 pm

At least truss and kwartang have consigned the tories to the garbage skip, quite possibly forever. I can see a bright new future back in the EU. So every cloud.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 3:06 am

Freathy wrote:
At least truss and kwartang have consigned the tories to the garbage skip, quite possibly forever.  I can see a bright new future back in the EU.  So every cloud.

lol! Just conveniently disregarding the millions of Labour voters that defected to Bojo to "get Brexit done" it couldn't have been clearer, even Starmer realized it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 7:38 am

Not sure there's many brexit enthusiasts left now.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 11:44 am

Freathy wrote:

lol! You all called for a second referendum, that was held when Bojo had his last election which his tagline was "let's get Brexit done" Labour voters deserted in droves giving him a landslide. Apart from the deluded few with their head in the sands it has been done to death and we will never get another referendum in our lifetime. Maybe Jo Swinson will make a comeback? Whatever happened to her?
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 12:11 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

lol! You all called for a second referendum, that was held when Bojo had his last election which his tagline was "let's get Brexit done" Labour voters deserted in droves giving him a landslide. Apart from the deluded  few with their head in the sands it has been done to death and we will never get another referendum in our lifetime. Maybe Jo Swinson  will make a comeback? Whatever happened to her?

Boris victory was as much to do with preventing Corbyn getting in and the levelling up promises made to the so called left behind post industrial towns of Britain as it was "getting Brexit done". Corbyn has now gone as has Boris along with any promises to improve the lives of the left behind

There won't be formal rejoining, the but you'll start seeing less shaking of fists at the EU to please tax exile newspaper barons and more gradual alignment on standards and customs regimes. Which is why "Make Brexit Work " is such a genius slogan.

Truss and Kwarteng represent the scorched Earth end game of Brexit, there was never any plan other to do away regulatoin and hand the rich massive tax cuts, as I've said before eventually a large of cohort of people will look to Starmer as a relatively decent if dull person and think "you know what, that might just do"
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 1:29 pm

Much as the Tories last election victory was about stopping any semblance of Corbyn gaining power (now that would have been scary), Starmers victory at the next election will reflect multiple gaffs from Boris, compounded by Truss ably demonstrating that she is hopelessly out of her depth.

All Starmer has to do is steer clear of any major scandal, and his slippers will be by the fireplace at no.10, guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 2:02 pm

PMQ's were woeful for Truss. Like a rabbit in headlights.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 5:40 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

lol! You all called for a second referendum, that was held when Bojo had his last election which his tagline was "let's get Brexit done" Labour voters deserted in droves giving him a landslide. Apart from the deluded  few with their head in the sands it has been done to death and we will never get another referendum in our lifetime. Maybe Jo Swinson  will make a comeback? Whatever happened to her?

Boris victory was as much to do with preventing Corbyn getting in and the levelling up promises made to the so called left behind post industrial towns of Britain as it was "getting Brexit done". Corbyn has now gone as has Boris along with any promises to improve the lives of the left behind

There won't be formal rejoining, the but you'll start seeing less shaking of fists at the EU to please tax exile newspaper barons and more gradual alignment on standards and customs regimes. Which is why "Make Brexit Work " is such a genius slogan.

Truss and Kwarteng represent the scorched Earth end game of Brexit, there was never any plan other to do away regulatoin and hand the rich massive tax cuts, as I've said before eventually a large of cohort of people will look to Starmer as a relatively decent if dull person and think "you know what, that might just do"

Corbyn was a factor but you can't deny that it was the public that voted for Brexit unanimously in the first referendum and Bojo's victory was mainly about Brexit as well. Obviously the gap between rich and poor is getting wider but that started in Thatchers time, was doubled in austerity following 2008 where they raped our pensions, Covid was very helpful in widening it further then of course you have the war in Ukraine and the remainers Truss and Kwasimodo doing an admirable job in fecking the poor up the arse and wiping loads more off our pensions. But yeh keep banging that Brexit drum.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 1:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Corbyn was a factor but you can't deny that it was the public that voted for Brexit unanimously in the first referendum and Bojo's victory was mainly about Brexit as well. Obviously the gap between rich and poor is getting wider but that started in Thatchers time, was doubled in austerity following 2008 where they raped our pensions, Covid was very helpful in widening it further then of course you have the war in Ukraine and the remainers Truss and Kwasimodo doing an admirable job in fecking the poor up the arse and wiping loads more off our pensions. But yeh keep banging that Brexit drum.

Oh For crying out loud Kwarteng literally voted leave. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And whilst Truss campaigned to remain (primarily because she thought it would win and lead to a plum job in a post Cameron govt), she was soon won over when the ERG started calling the shots.

In fact, famously bleeding heart left Jacob Rees Mogg had this to say about her

“Liz Truss is the best candidate. She is a proper Eurosceptic who will deliver for the voters and she believes in low taxation,”

“She is as good a Brexiteer as I am. She consistently in cabinet opposed Rishi Sunak’s tax hikes and she has the character to be a leader.”

You would be taken a lot more seriously if you bothered to fact check even the most bog standard of things!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 2:44 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Oh For crying out loud Kwarteng literally voted leave. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And whilst Truss campaigned to remain (primarily because she thought it would win and lead to a plum job in a post Cameron govt), she was soon won over when the ERG started calling the shots.

In fact, famously bleeding heart left Jacob Rees Mogg had this to say about her

“Liz Truss is the best candidate. She is a proper Eurosceptic who will deliver for the voters and she believes in low taxation,”

“She is as good a Brexiteer as I am. She consistently in cabinet opposed Rishi Sunak’s tax hikes and she has the character to be a leader.”

You would be taken a lot more seriously if you bothered to fact check even the most bog standard of things!

Truss voted remain, that is a fact. Kwarteng fair enough but only remainers look at the world in this binary blinkered way, believe or not Brexit is over and nearly everything that you and yours like to blame on Brexit is either down to Tory policy over the last forty years, Covid and Ukraine mainly Covid and Ukraine. And you wouldn't take me seriously at all because you already have me down for a thick racist.
Let me use one of your lots favourite questions but invert it, name me one way that your life has changed for the worse because of Brexit? I bet you can't unless it involves being a laughing stock, not being taken seriously on the world stage ECT, ECT. What's more everything that you will think of will be easily dismissed by me because it actually stems from Covid, international supply chain problems and the war in Ukraine.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 2:58 pm

The big guns in the Tory party are a tad narked with Truss then.

LINK 1

LINK 2

I'd say she has four choices and the fourth being resignation.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2022 6:11 pm

i gave a year before the knives came out for her but feck me shes not going to survive the year at this rate.

Election coming soon and labour still dont look like they know what a woman is or how to run a pissup on st patricks day.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 8:18 am

We need a new system. This one has been broken for ages.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 9:05 am

Not sure what the record is for a PM and chancellor shortest time in office but it could be about to be broken.  The arrogance of this pair is unbelievable the way they keep doubling down on their staggeringly incompetent and baffling decisions.  They would rather completely destroy what's left of the post brexit economy rather than reverse their decision to cut taxes for the rich and cut public services to partly pay for it.  Truss and kwarteng out now!!!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 12:27 pm

Kwarteng is no more, he has gone.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 12:37 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Kwarteng is no more, he has gone.

The government is in chaos. Fills you with confidence, doesn't it!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 1:52 pm

Truss is dead woman walking, when do we get an election? Sick and tired of having PM after PM foisted upon us, Kwarteng deserved to be thrown under the bus but his mini budget was what Truss said she would do if elected now it's his fault? The main change we need is the Parties being able to change leaders mid term, the PM should be elected by the people and if they go then we should go straight to election, not in two months, six months but next week.
The Dickler derided me for removing some of my pension and investing it in a business but I am doubly sure that these clowns are not capable of running a piss up in a brewery and the pensions I have left in funds are now probably worth about forty percent less than they were a couple of months ago. What I want to know is where is the anger ffs? We should all be marching on London and burning some cars out.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 3:10 pm

It was as much her disastrous budget as it was kwartengs so she now must resign.  Not to resign doesn't make any sense. Listening to her drone on with the same old shit in the press conference will only convince those save arse tory MPs to move against her even quicker.   Truss is definitely gone but it won't save the tories from being wiped out in the next GE.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 5:20 pm

David Blaine hung upside down in a glass box longer than kwarteng was Chancellor!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 6:07 pm

Tis the will of the people, enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 6:17 pm

she will be gone by halloween i think but its a sad state of affairs that this is even occurring and the mess the tory party created ousting johnson with zero plan for what happens afterwards.

I think the Tory Party need to be ousted from government and spend a few years rebuilding from teh ground up but i fear how badly the labour party will do with the state they are in when they cant even agree on what a woman is or any real clue on how to do better.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 7:23 pm

She would have been OK but for those pesky woke, lefty, Anti Growth Coalition wannabes.

If she just lies low for a few months until Easter it will all blow over.

There has been nobody in charge since 2019 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2022 10:45 pm

Should have stuck with Boris, sad but true, our saviour will be Sunak, Hunt or Gove. Hilarious times.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2022 9:03 am

Looks like Hunt, saviour of the NHS, is next.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Truss and the economy.
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next