Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2022 9:03 am

Angry wrote:
[.........Hugh i saw that goal Jake Caprice set up for you guys yesterday :O that was class.

I hadn't seen it until you brought it to my attention - quite remarkable wasn't it.

Another goal which a soccer purist would laud was City's first at Swindon Town last season....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htf-e6-NV44
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2022 8:23 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
[.........Hugh i saw that goal Jake Caprice set up for you guys yesterday :O that was class.

I hadn't seen it until you brought it to my attention - quite remarkable wasn't it.

Another goal which a soccer purist would laud was City's first at Swindon Town last season....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htf-e6-NV44

It was thats the kind of wingback i want here so im hoping the two new ones we have signed can cross a ball for one and create chances like that this season cause we lacked that last season.

and as for the video yes that was a well worked goal. I maintain that city can stay up with ease if they can add well to their squad they got some talent in that squad.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2022 4:53 pm

Torquay beat Exeter 1-0 today
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 8:59 am

Angry wrote:

A rather bad-tempered affair by all accounts with the ref initially lecturing players before eventually reaching for the yellow cards - apparently he also had a quiet word with the managers.

Popping over to Exeweb they're up in arms as some players seem to lack match fitness (notably Stubbs), at this stage of the coming season. Also, much bemoaning the lack of signings, loan or otherwise. As I have mentioned before, I'm almost certain that last season, Taylor delayed some signings until we were a couple of weeks of the kick-off. Another poster made the point, much as I did, that this delay meant picking over the bones of the unwanted - of course another line of thought is that he could dictate when and how much a wage a player could receive.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 9:19 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

A rather bad-tempered affair by all accounts with the ref initially lecturing players before eventually reaching for the yellow cards - apparently he also had a quiet word with the managers.

Popping over to Exeweb they're up in arms as some players seem to lack match fitness (notably Stubbs), at this stage of the coming season. Also, much bemoaning the lack of signings, loan or otherwise. As I have mentioned before, I'm almost certain that last season, Taylor delayed some signings until we were a couple of weeks of the kick-off. Another poster made the point, much as I did, that this delay meant picking over the bones of the unwanted - of course another line of thought is that he could dictate when and how much a wage a player could receive.

Just face it Hugh, your club feels uncomfortable in the 3rd tier and will pull out all the stops to return to their spiritual home, the 4th quick sharp.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2022 8:14 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

Its an interesting tactic to use from Taylor but its a high sakes gamble whether he can pull that off again in league one. This league is tough and unfortunately you wont get league one standard players on league 2 wages too often even we had to accept that fact the hardway.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 7:53 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

Just face it Hugh, your club feels uncomfortable in the 3rd tier and will pull out all the stops to return to their spiritual home, the 4th quick sharp.

I must admit to being a bit 'edgy' with the first game just around the corner, Leslie, however, I imagine that you and your fellow greenies must be quietly confident what with being able to field a team made up of, how many loan players is it? Many a fan would grown outwardly should the opposition put out a team of which over a third was made up of another team's players. Tut-tut EmbarassedEmbarassed

I see some are after one of City's promising youngsters but please don't tell Suffy as I'm scared he might indulge in a bit of self-harm at the thought of more cash entering ECFC's coffers. Wink Wink

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/alfie-pond-celtic-rangers-transfer-24580830
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 10:15 am

Hugh Midde wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

I must admit to being a bit 'edgy' with the first game just around the corner, Leslie, however, I imagine that you and your fellow greenies must be quietly confident what with being able to field a team made up of, how many loan players is it? Many a fan would grown outwardly should the opposition put out a team of which over a third was made up of another team's players. Tut-tut EmbarassedEmbarassed  

I see some are after one of City's promising youngsters but please don't tell Suffy as I'm scared he might indulge in a bit of self-harm at the thought of more cash entering ECFC's coffers.  Wink Wink

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/alfie-pond-celtic-rangers-transfer-24580830

Of a senior squad comprising 25 players, 3 are loaned from another club. 2 of whom aren't likely to start many games together.

Maths and Bantz clearly not your strong point.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 12:34 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

I see some are after one of City's promising youngsters but please don't tell Suffy as I'm scared he might indulge in a bit of self-harm at the thought of more cash entering ECFC's coffers.  Wink Wink

Of a senior squad comprising 25 players, 3 are loaned from another club. 2 of whom aren't likely to start many games together.

Maths and Bantz clearly not your strong point.

3 it is. Given wrong info from a bloke wearing Argyle shirt while sat in Cirencester's Costa cafe on Sunday.

Probably not very brill at banter, but until Sturtz make's his appearance I'm all you've got.

Oh, I can rise above saying "I can't be fecked".
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2022 6:26 pm

dont go anywhere hugh who else have i got to talk chiefs and rugby with on here lol
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 10:24 am

Angry wrote:
dont go anywhere hugh who else have i got to talk chiefs and rugby with on here lol

I don't intend to Mr A. Apart from our rugby chats it's a pretty lonely existence for a City fan on ATD during the closed season as my total post numbers illustrate. If your season fails to deliver those expectations that many of your confederates are beginning to imagine, well, it might even get lonelier. (chortle)
Back to top Go down
The Cornflake

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 11:20 am

Hopefully Exeweb and its moderators will be congratulating the Brentmare on his continued squatting of the Royal Clarence Hotel.
Think you'll survive next season, it aint that hard a division, even us lot nearly managed the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 4:00 pm

The Cornflake wrote:
Hopefully Exeweb and its moderators will be congratulating the Brentmare on his continued squatting of the Royal Clarence Hotel.
Think you'll survive next season, it aint that hard a division, even us lot nearly managed the playoffs.

The authorities need to hurry up and decide what they are gonna do to the place as it's an eyesore in what is probably the most picturesque part of the city. Cheers Mr Brent.

Will City and Argyle stay up? Absolutely no form to go on. Best to examine league table after 10 games when the pacemakers and stragglers will make themselves known.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 5:21 pm

Whatever some say this is a much tougher league as the top few teams have much bigger budgets, much more quality in multiple positions and players that can change games, if like us you have a good 1st eleven once one team Susses out how to beat you everyone else will follow suit, you need a big fit squad to boss league 1.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 5:57 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
The Cornflake wrote:

The authorities need to hurry up and decide what they are gonna do to the place as it's an eyesore in what is probably the most picturesque part of the city. Cheers Mr Brent.

Will City and Argyle stay up? Absolutely no form to go on. Best to examine league table after 10 games when the pacemakers and stragglers will make themselves known.

if exeter city council are holding out for the reluctant one to lay so much as a brick at the hotel then they are going to be waiting for a long long time. I like to think they arent as stupid as Plymouth City Council on that front'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 7:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
The Cornflake wrote:

if exeter city council are holding out for the reluctant one to lay so much as a brick at the hotel then they are going to be waiting for a long long time. I like to think they arent as stupid as Plymouth City Council on that front'

You’d like to think they aren’t but they clearly are!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 7:51 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
The Cornflake wrote:

they havent to my knowledge given him the blind backing pcc did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 7:55 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
The Cornflake wrote:

The fact he’s there is enough
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2022 8:28 pm

Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
The Cornflake wrote:

The fact he’s there is enough

true, his track record should have been a red flag to them before he bought that hotel, hopefully they dont have him lingering around when he gets bored and wants out for his next pipe dream project.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 9:39 am

STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

EXETER HAVE SIGNED SOMEONE!!

A released goalkeeper that no one else wanted and a kid on loan from Southampton who has played one senior game. I thought loanees were bad
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 10:16 am

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

A released goalkeeper that no one else wanted and a kid on loan from Southampton who has played one senior game. I thought loanees were bad

I remember the days when we used to sign players like that.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 10:41 am

Angry wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

I remember the days Exeter used to have the greatest youth academy on Earth and wouldn't have needed to sign anyone.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Angry wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

I remember the days Exeter used to have the greatest youth academy on Earth and wouldn't have needed to sign anyone.

if they kept some of those kids that went on to do well higher up the leagues where would they be now Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 4:41 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

This Clodagh's Rubbish is fast becoming a bleeding irritant. Ol' Suffy, starts his 'usual' pre-season attack on ECFC knowing full well that I'll respond. Still, I'll resist calling it a "shoddy little forum" as did another Greek on a previous thread (Les knows who I mean).

As for my accuracy: didn't I say in a previous post on this "very" (Sun 24th) thread that Matt Taylor has been known to delay signing players to well within two weeks before the season starts? You really should be paying me for what I teach you.

As the saying goes: What can't you do with pork.....?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Angry wrote:
[....if they kept some of those kids that went on to do well higher up the leagues where would they be now Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm afraid it doesn't always work that way Mr A. As maybe regarding that of young Alfie Pond. May I suggest you click onto Exeweb - The word on Well Street: "Alfie Pond" thread, page 20.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter league 1 relegation thread.
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next