Les Miserable
sufferedsince 68
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 2:07 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lol the villagers sign a bunch of dead beats............

We'll just have to wait and see how things pan out won't we. Should the Argyle carpetbaggers manage to get promoted, just how would they fare next season when a sizable chunk of that team have headed home?

Next season we might just pass each other on the stairs (smirk)  

We all realise we aren't set up for CCC football yet........

Yet?? You gotta help me out here Mr E as there's conflicting reports regarding the Home Park capacity which some put at 17,900, 17,511 and 16,388. Presumably some will say it's the higher of the 3 or find something even higher Wink It's quite remarkable how attendance figures seem to occupy the mindset of the usual few. Still, Sheffield Wednesday's 33,000 out of a possible 39,732 was really impressive for a third tier match - I believe there is talk of enlarging the ground to take 45,000 which could have some Owls fans poking a finger at titchy Humus Park. As for City, I believe that heightening the stand behind the away end is a no-no as it would block the light to the residents of St. James rd while the stand on the railway side can't be lengthened as the ground falls sharply away to the rail embankment.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 2:54 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
lol the villagers sign a bunch of dead beats............

We'll just have to wait and see how things pan out won't we. Should the Argyle carpetbaggers manage to get promoted, just how would they fare next season when a sizable chunk of that team have headed home?

Next season we might just pass each other on the stairs (smirk)  

We all realise we aren't set up for CCC football yet........

Yet?? You gotta help me out here Mr E as there's conflicting reports regarding the Home Park capacity which some put at 17,900, 17,511 and 16,388. Presumably some will say it's the higher of the 3 or find something even higher Wink  It's quite remarkable how attendance figures seem to occupy the mindset of the usual few. Still, Sheffield Wednesday's 33,000 out of a possible 39,732 was really impressive for a third tier match - I believe there is talk of enlarging the ground to take 45,000 which could have some Owls fans poking a finger at titchy Humus Park. As for City, I believe that heightening the stand behind the away end is a no-no as it would block the light to the residents of St. James rd while the stand on the railway side can't be lengthened as the ground falls sharply away to the rail embankment.

I think that our maximum capacity is about 15,000 more than Sid James Park? Seriously though we seem to "sellout" at about 15,500 to 16,000 these days because of the ridiculous big gaps between home and away crowds. When we were last in the CCC we had about 24,000 because the Mayflower was still a standing area but I have long worried how we would sustain CCC football with crowds of 16k a major flaw in our glorious leaders plan of which we never hear any detail of how we will address that problem and it isn't very fashionable to even think thoughts such as mine.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 3:27 pm

i notice the Brown news is being ignored by our friends in the north lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 5:48 pm

Angry wrote:
:

scratch: What is the Brown news, what did he do?
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 5:59 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
:

he is alleged to have gotten drunk and high on drugs one evening last week and attacked a young woman viciously as a result.I had heard he repeatedly punched her in the back of the head and only stopped when 2 marine recruits intervened and decked him.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jevani-brown-exeter-city-assault-8116129

its becoming a common theme at that club
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 6:10 pm

Think he's been charged. A sinking ship up at sid james.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 6:12 pm

Just heard it on ITV news, won't play for City until all sorted, he's gone.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 6:21 pm

was he involved in that punch up late last year with blackman their goalie?

edited to add no that guy was Samuel Nombe
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 9:42 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
:

he is alleged to have gotten drunk and high on drugs one evening last week and attacked a young woman viciously as a result.I had heard he repeatedly punched her in the back of the head and only stopped when 2 marine recruits intervened

Little time for those that use violence against women so in true Exeweb fashion, a steaming cowpat in Jevani brown's kisser.....

..........and while I'm about it a custard pie for Les and Suffy.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 8:22 pm

Is Gary engineering a cheeky push for a thrilling relegation battle? He has history..........
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 7:33 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Is Gary engineering a cheeky push for a thrilling relegation battle? He has history..........

I'm believe the playoffs are beyond City this season so little chance of gaining ground on our greenie chums. As for Gary Caldwell, he's handily placed to learn and adopt some of Schumacher's successful policies of padding out the weak spots in his team with a legion of quality loanees.

With banter in mind, I could hope that next season we might just pass your lot on the stairs which is a nice thought but other than that I'd settle with joining you in the Championship - providing you don't implode this time round.

High fives Mr G Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 11:17 am

A rather strange evening! All those Argyle supporters turned into Grecians for the night. Who'd have thought it?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 1:01 pm

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, well for one night anyway.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 6:12 pm

All very quiet on this thread with such a nailbiter of a match soon to be upon us. I have an idea that many a greenie sphincter will be pulsating uncontrollably at the thought that the much abused City might just hand their sorry arses to them on a plate.

Meanwhile as the season draws ever closer to it's conclusion, all your loanees must be thinking of packing their suitcases and heading home which might cause some sleepless nights as a weakened team next season might just come a cropper in the vastly superior Championship. Beware then of becoming indifferent as to what lies around the corner ... the fate of former league champions Forest Green Rovers might just be food for thought.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 6:24 pm

I expect nothing less than three points against exeter who should by the way be forced to allow away fans the Big wank bank, which in itself is terrible but slightly better than the Village bus shelter they have at the other end, if they dont comply they should be sent back to non league where their ground belongs. The manager is nicked named mr payoff with the amount of times he's be sacked, and several of their players seem like they have various issues like i say nothing less than a win will do for our magnificent support.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 7:04 pm

im not confident as i dont trust the players anymore to do the job.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 12, 2023 7:36 pm

Mash or get mashed we are all or nothing.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 5:20 pm

Lots of takeaways closed in Exeter tonight, too many chips pissed on apparently.

Wonder if old Spurtz will show his fizzhog tonight? Not very happy by the sounds of it, most curmudgeonly in fact.

https://www.exeweb.com/forums/threads/city-v-argyle-matchday-thread.64348/page-11

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 5:54 pm

Make mine a double Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptySat Apr 15, 2023 8:53 pm

i did laugh when i saw the greeks manager's comments (still havent seen any of it due to it not being uploaded yet)  however even so,

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/gary-caldwell-claims-plymouth-argyle-8355887

we where no threat to the greeks yet still won  Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 1f606  Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 1f606  Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 1f606  Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 1f606
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 16, 2023 1:02 pm

What a tosser caldwell is.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptySun Apr 16, 2023 2:42 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

he certainly top of the class at the school of del bhey's media comments.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 1:07 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Firstly it's congrats to my greenie chums on your win (choke). What with Leicester Tigers hammering the Chiefs by a record 62 - 19 mine was a weekend that was grateful for Monday. Incidentally, not being clued on your players, please please say the scorer of that beautifully crafted goal was a Plymouth player and not one of Schumacher's "peripatetic" temps.

I'm still undecided on Caldwell who in my mind is streets ahead of bleeding Paul Tisdale (who some still admire). As to whether he's better or worse than Matt Taylor remains to be seen. He may have slipped up in the past but still may have learned something that could be put to good use in his new position.
Back to top Go down
Grace Less

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 3:24 pm

Grudging congratulations from here, too. I do wonder about what will happen next season when If all goes according to plan at your end you need to recruit players of the calibre that will probably be needed to keep you in the Championship. Interesting post by your "owner" in the Financial Times in November suggested that the purse string are not as freely loosened as they might once have been - especially as he's divested himself of some of the onus to a group of New York financiers. Saturday was, in any case not as clear cut as I suspect some of the green supporters would have liked.
I empathise with the sentiments expressed in Hugh's second paragraph
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2023 4:07 pm

Grace Less wrote:
Grudging congratulations from here, too. I do wonder about what will happen next season when If all goes according to plan at your end you need to recruit players of the calibre that will probably be needed to keep you in the Championship. Interesting post by your "owner" in the Financial Times in November suggested that the purse string are not as freely loosened as they might once have been - especially as he's divested himself of some of the onus to a group of New York financiers. Saturday was, in any case not as clear cut as I suspect some of the green supporters would have liked.
I empathise with the sentiments expressed in Hugh's second paragraph

I’m not sure how closely you follow our fortunes Gracey, but in terms of performances, we haven’t played WELL in literally months. Whittaker getting recalled and losing key players to injury have clearly hurt us. No question.

There’s a couple of angles to look at the performance aspect though. The negative angle would bemoan the lack of champagne football….but a more pragmatic and simplistic view, is that despite getting two or three tonkings, plus questionable selections from Schuey, along with painful performances like the Exeter one….

….we are still Top of the League.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter league 1 relegation thread.   Exeter league 1 relegation thread. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter league 1 relegation thread.
Page 10 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13 ... 17  Next