Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.

Go down 
+9
RegGreen
Czarcasm
VillageGreen
sufferedsince 68
Freathy
Les Miserable
Jethro
Earwegoagain
Grovehill
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 5:59 pm

no shocks there i feel.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 6:15 pm

Hopefully houghton will be placed on the transfer list now he's been contracted, 20/30k would do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 7:40 pm

I wonder if McCormick will be brought back into the club fold as an Ambassador much like Sawyer does now. However, come to think of it i dont think he will maybe a role in the academy of some sort.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 11:40 pm

Angry wrote:
I wonder if McCormick will be brought back into the club fold as an Ambassador much like Sawyer does now. However, come to think of it i dont think he will maybe a role in the academy of some sort.
that Ambassador role of swayers angers is it a payed role does anyone know ?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2022 11:43 pm

Grovehill wrote:

Well, someone has to start it.

Mike Cooper, Camara and Major to be sold.

My guess/hope is that a couple of experienced ex-Championship players come in to give us what has proved to be the difference between PAFC and the teams that finished above us.
heard Huddersfield sniffing around cooper or have been don’t know how true that is or just rumour
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 8:29 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 8:30 am

RegGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
that Ambassador role of swayers angers is it a payed role does anyone know ?

I believe it does, Sawyer does some coaching in the academy alongside that
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 9:21 am

Ryan Broom, Jordon Garrick, Steven Sessegnon, well there's three shirts to fill, more loans or will we look at signing some with Si's ticket windfall? I still don't think the defence is strong enough by far, end of the season it was Pan and Edwards that were doing nearly all the work in many a game, we need a back three or four that can be relied upon by the forwards to allow us up the pitch more and we still need that killer goal scorer/match winner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 6:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Ryan Broom, Jordon Garrick, Steven Sessegnon, well there's three shirts to fill, more loans or will we look at signing some with Si's ticket windfall? I still don't think the defence is strong enough by far, end of the season it was Pan and Edwards that were doing nearly all the work in many a game, we need a back three or four that can be relied upon by the forwards to allow us up the pitch more and we still need that killer goal scorer/match winner.

as it stands currently we will have 8 defenders in the squad next season as the 3 of the 4 YTS players signing pro deals each play in the 3 positions in the defence formation we use. I can see Schuey adding another one for sure to take that up to 9, 3 players for each spot is more than enough cover and competition till jan as im sure all 9 can cover each spot aswell. Hopefully Schuey signs a right sided defender to replace Wilson as hes too slow to play there and moves him into the middle and competes with Scarr for that spot leaving Bolton a fullback by trade to compete with the new guy on the right side.
If Schuey where to sign anymore defenders hes going to have move one on before hand. I wouldn't loose sleep if he moves Wilson or Gillesphey on to do that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 7:08 pm

With the 5th best defensive record suggests the defence as a whole had a good season, However Gillesphey doesn’t inspire me and I wouldn’t shed a tear if he moved on, another recognised LWB, goal scoring midfielder and a striker, as unless Jephcott markedly ups his game he can go out on loan somewhere
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 7:54 pm

Graiser wrote:
With the 5th best defensive record suggests the defence as a whole had a good season, However Gillesphey doesn’t inspire me and I wouldn’t shed a tear if he moved on, another recognised LWB, goal scoring midfielder and a striker, as unless Jephcott markedly ups his game he can go out on loan somewhere

jephcott needs a serious kick in the arse over the summer or shown the door imo.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2022 8:55 pm

Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

jephcott needs a serious kick in the arse over the summer or shown the door imo.

I largely agree with both of you squad wise all I would add is we have plenty of defenders what we need is better ones, Edwards is a great defender but Pan is great going forwards he shouldn't be having to track all the way into the box covering for Wilson and Gillespy. I know Schuey has coached us into the one of the best defensive records in the league but I fear it's at the expense of goals as too many attacking players are trying to make sure we don't ship goals. Wilson is too inconsistent he should go, agree with Jeppers as well I just worry if we get rid he will turn it on like he did a while back.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 2:54 pm

Angry wrote:

I don't think that's a good idea. Think about it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 3:04 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Angry wrote:

I don't think that's a good idea. Think about it.

did you miss the bit i highlighted in red? i already did
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 3:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I largely agree with both of you squad wise all I would add is we have plenty of defenders what we need is better ones, Edwards is a great defender but Pan is great going forwards he shouldn't be having to track all the way into the box covering for Wilson and Gillespy. I know Schuey has coached us into the one of the best defensive records in the league but I fear it's at the expense of goals as too many attacking players are trying to make sure we don't ship goals. Wilson is too inconsistent he should go, agree with Jeppers as well I just worry if we get rid he will turn it on like he did a while back.

unless whoever did buy Jephcott actually got tough with him to get fitter, stronger and worked on his shooting and he does that then i dont see him setting the word alight like many thought he would when he had that purple Patch.

i generally feel he isnt interested in working to improve his game
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 5:25 pm

Looking at this, Posh aren't seeing Broom as part of their long term plans. If he gets in and does well it could change but he to get in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would be surprised if he was playing here next season just Don't think Schuey rates him enough to want to splash out big money on him.

Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2022 6:00 pm

Perhaps Argyle are just playing it cute-waiting to see if Posh decide to cut their losses and accept a low offer or tear up his Contract.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 7:05 am

George Cooper can leave Plymouth Argyle says Steven Schumacher

From the Link wrote:
George Cooper is set to for a move away from Plymouth Argyle this summer, either on a permanent transfer or a season-long loan.

The 25-year-old is under contract to the Pilgrims for the 2022/23 campaign and, therefore, was included on the club's retained list when it was announced on Tuesday.

However, Cooper is ready for a fresh start somewhere else after playing only three games since December 2020 due to injury.

Manager Steven Schumacher has spoken to Cooper about his situation and they agreed to explore the possibilities of finding a new club for him, possibly close to his home in north-west England.

Cooper spent the 2019/20 season on loan to Argyle from Peterborough United and was part of their League Two promotion-winning squad, mainly playing as a left wing-back.

He completed a permanent move to the Pilgrims for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract at the start of September 2020 but two operations on the same knee since then have been a huge blow for him.

Schumacher said: "I spoke to George last week and we both decided it's probably best for him to move on. He has had a tough time with injuries over the last couple of years.

"He hasn't really enjoyed it the last 18 months. It has been hard. I think it's important that he goes away now and has a fresh start.

"Fitness-wise he's okay. He's working and he's running. He's up to speed, if you like, he just now needs a good pre-season in a change of scenery, change of environment, where it will suit him.

"If he's not playing down here it can be tough because you are away from home. Maybe he will move somewhere closer to home. He will be available to either go on loan for a year or probably on a permanent somewhere else."

Schumacher added: "We are on the same page. It wasn't one of them where we fell out or anything like that.

"He just said he needed something different, we both agreed, and he's going to speak to his agent and we will put his name out. I'm sure it won't take him long to get fixed up because he's a good player."

Cooper made only three appearances for Argyle during the 2021/22 season, the first as a substitute in the 4-1 Carabao Cup second round defeat away to Swansea City in August.

He then did not play again until coming off the bench when the Pilgrims lost 2-0 away to Charlton Athletic in League One in November.

Cooper started the 2-1 FA Cup second round win away to Rochdale the following month, in what turned out to be Ryan Lowe's final match as Argyle manager, but then had a clean-up knee operation a short while later.

Not really fussed about him wanting to go to be honest he wasnt setting the world alight even before his first knee injury, I trust the club do bring in someone who can play LWB and give Grant and in somecases Law some real competition for that spot.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 9:06 am

Grovehill wrote:
Perhaps  Argyle are just playing it cute-waiting to see if Posh decide to cut their losses and accept a low offer or tear up his Contract.

Wouldn't have thought so if Aberdeen were prepared to pay the asking price for him last season then I expect someone else will but not us. I can't see us paying that sort of wedge out .

Angry wrote:
George Cooper can leave Plymouth Argyle says Steven Schumacher

From the Link wrote:
George Cooper is set to for a move away from Plymouth Argyle this summer, either on a permanent transfer or a season-long loan.

The 25-year-old is under contract to the Pilgrims for the 2022/23 campaign and, therefore, was included on the club's retained list when it was announced on Tuesday.

However, Cooper is ready for a fresh start somewhere else after playing only three games since December 2020 due to injury.

Manager Steven Schumacher has spoken to Cooper about his situation and they agreed to explore the possibilities of finding a new club for him, possibly close to his home in north-west England.

Cooper spent the 2019/20 season on loan to Argyle from Peterborough United and was part of their League Two promotion-winning squad, mainly playing as a left wing-back.

He completed a permanent move to the Pilgrims for an undisclosed fee on a three-year contract at the start of September 2020 but two operations on the same knee since then have been a huge blow for him.

Schumacher said: "I spoke to George last week and we both decided it's probably best for him to move on. He has had a tough time with injuries over the last couple of years.

"He hasn't really enjoyed it the last 18 months. It has been hard. I think it's important that he goes away now and has a fresh start.

"Fitness-wise he's okay. He's working and he's running. He's up to speed, if you like, he just now needs a good pre-season in a change of scenery, change of environment, where it will suit him.

"If he's not playing down here it can be tough because you are away from home. Maybe he will move somewhere closer to home. He will be available to either go on loan for a year or probably on a permanent somewhere else."

Schumacher added: "We are on the same page. It wasn't one of them where we fell out or anything like that.

"He just said he needed something different, we both agreed, and he's going to speak to his agent and we will put his name out. I'm sure it won't take him long to get fixed up because he's a good player."

Cooper made only three appearances for Argyle during the 2021/22 season, the first as a substitute in the 4-1 Carabao Cup second round defeat away to Swansea City in August.

He then did not play again until coming off the bench when the Pilgrims lost 2-0 away to Charlton Athletic in League One in November.

Cooper started the 2-1 FA Cup second round win away to Rochdale the following month, in what turned out to be Ryan Lowe's final match as Argyle manager, but then had a clean-up knee operation a short while later.

Not really fussed about him wanting to go to be honest he wasnt setting the world alight even before his first knee injury, I trust the club do bring in someone who can play LWB and give Grant and in somecases Law some real competition for that spot.

Least surprising news of the season, hopefully he'll spend the summer sorting himself however from what I gather he's quite satisfied sat on his arse picking up his wage check
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 10:48 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

unless whoever did buy Jephcott actually got tough with him to get fitter, stronger and worked on his shooting and he does that then i dont see him setting the word alight like many thought he would when he had that purple Patch.

Do you think Schuey would pick him if he wasn't working flat out?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 11:00 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

He played Garrick often too and he was a donkey towards the end of the season, Ennis also got games despite never fully catching up with form and fitness after hsi long spell out. So Jephcott was always going to play regardless.
if Either of Garrick or Ennis were in form Jephcott wouldnt have played as much given his form and pisspoor attitude on the pitch when it comes to effort.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 11:05 am

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

if Either of them were in form Jephcott wouldnt have played as much given his form and pisspoor attitude on the pitch when it comes to effort.

Either of who? I guess you are talking about either Hardie, Enniss or Garrick and you are correct that if any of them were scoring in every match he obviously wouldn't pick Jeppers. From what I saw of Jeppers this season his effort couldn't be faulted I think his build takes after Evans more than Scott Sinclair (what would give now for another Sinclair?) But that's genetics not effort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 11:27 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

if Either of them were in form Jephcott wouldnt have played as much given his form and pisspoor attitude on the pitch when it comes to effort.

Either of who? I guess you are talking about either Hardie, Enniss or Garrick and you are correct that if any of them were scoring in every match he obviously wouldn't pick Jeppers. From what I saw of Jeppers this season his effort couldn't be faulted I think his build takes after Evans more than Scott Sinclair (what would give now for another Sinclair?) But that's genetics not effort.

i wiped the top part of my reply by mistake before posting but its been corrected now..

Jephcott is no Evans ears im sorry, Evans was a unquie in the sense he had no buisness being a footballer but he could bring others into the game and create chances for others to take hence why he had the career he did and why Ireland gave him a cap. Jephcott doesnt do that if he did i could understand what he brings to the team atm but all im seeing is someoine who cant run only jog, unable to shoot from futher than the 5 yard lineand cant last a full game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 11:41 am

Ryan Law signed his new 1 year contract
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 EmptyFri May 06, 2022 12:59 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Graiser wrote:

i wiped the top part of my reply by mistake before posting but its been corrected now..

Jephcott is no Evans ears im sorry, Evans was a unquie in the sense he had no buisness being a footballer but he could bring others into the game and create chances for others to take hence why he had the career he did and why Ireland gave him a cap. Jephcott doesnt do that if he did i could understand what he brings to the team atm but all im seeing is someoine who cant run only jog, unable to shoot from futher than the 5 yard lineand cant last a full game.

I think Garrick might have been interesting had he played in his preferred wide attacker role, certainly his initial starts in the side were at WB.

Felt he was a bit wasted as often he'd receive the ball with his back to goal whereas in theory Jeppers would be the best doing that. However usually he ends up on his arse or the ball bounces off him and he gets subbed on the hour a couple of times not coming out 2nd half.

I think he's the best finisher at the club just the all round game is lacking as just being able to stick the ball in the onion bag isn't enough these days.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.    Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next