Retained List

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Retained List   Retained List EmptySun May 05, 2024 3:41 pm

Presume this'll be decided on Tuesday or Wednesday. Apparently 19 of the first team squad are still under contract for next season, as are the 4 first year pros that signed recently (which includes Issaka & Caleb Roberts). That would make the only players out of contract Burton, Miller & Galloway + potentially the 3 youths that signed pro forms from last season (Jenkins Davis, Halls and Endacott).

What do we think will happen?

Presume Burton will be going. He needs first team football at his age, and I'm sure there'll be a League 1 or 2 club where he can get that.
Miller actually managed to stay fit for the majority of this season, however we seem to have a lot of wing backs, and think we might need to let him go to free up some space in the squad.
Galloway is also injury prone, but I'd offer him a new contract as he adds more to the squad than Miller.
Difficult to say about the three others. Given that Halls and Endacott only played in the Southern League this season, it's hard to believe they are going to be ready for the Championship anytime soon. WJD at least made it to Torquay!

Other thought is that the number of players under contract will mean that the new manager will have to move some of the contracted players on before he can bring many in.

Bradford seem keen on Tyreik Wright, so he can probably be moved on if necessary. If we can bring in a couple of new strikers than Wayne can be sent out on loan somewhere. Same will apply to Issaka and Roberts - just hope they get sent somewhere a bit further up the league ladder than Parkway!! I suspect at least one of Whitaker, Hardie and Cooper will end up getting sold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Greenskin

Greenskin

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List   Retained List EmptySun May 05, 2024 4:18 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:

Presume this'll be decided on Tuesday or Wednesday. Apparently 19 of the first team squad are still under contract for next season, as are the 4 first year pros that signed recently (which includes Issaka & Caleb Roberts). That would make the only players out of contract Burton, Miller & Galloway + potentially the 3 youths that signed pro forms from last season (Jenkins Davis, Halls and Endacott).

What do we think will happen?

Presume Burton will be going. He needs first team football at his age, and I'm sure there'll be a League 1 or 2 club where he can get that.
Miller actually managed to stay fit for the majority of this season, however we seem to have a lot of wing backs, and think we might need to let him go to free up some space in the squad.
Galloway is also injury prone, but I'd offer him a new contract as he adds more to the squad than Miller.
Difficult to say about the three others. Given that Halls and Endacott only played in the Southern League this season, it's hard to believe they are going to be ready for the Championship anytime soon. WJD at least made it to Torquay!

Other thought is that the number of players under contract will mean that the new manager will have to move some of the contracted players on before he can bring many in.

Bradford seem keen on Tyreik Wright, so he can probably be moved on if necessary. If we can bring in a couple of new strikers than Wayne can be sent out on loan somewhere. Same will apply to Issaka and Roberts - just hope they get sent somewhere a bit further up the league ladder than Parkway!! I suspect at least one of Whitaker, Hardie and Cooper will end up getting sold.

Burton is definitely going, think his missus tweeted something about the end of the journey yesterday. Did a fair job deputising for Coops last year, good luck to him.
As for the others, would like to see Galloway stay-certainly a championship class player. Miller is exciting on his day but Mumba played particularly well there yesterday and would be a better long term bet-would help if the unlucky Earley could recover and stay fit as he looked a prospect. As for the contracted players, who knows-people like Hardie and Whittaker may be keen to see what the club does in terms of on field support for them before deciding if they want to move on or not, maybe the club will receive the proverbial offer they can't refuse for Cooper. All up in the air really, probably we'll sell a major asset, partially reinvest it and bring in another crop of loans-believe Dewsnip has said something about negotiations already taking place for Devine and Phillips for better or for worse.
Back to top Go down

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List   Retained List EmptySun May 05, 2024 4:59 pm

its only Miller, Burton and Galloway who are out of contract from the first team and its a cert burton is gone as greenskin said his wife confirmed it. I'm not surprised by that he deserves and obviously wants to be some teams number 1 and not stuck being number 3 here so good luck to him i hope he finds the right club and pushes on.

Miller and Galloway will get offered new deals whether they accept or not we will find out in the next month or so. I cant see why both wont sign unless another club offers ridiculous money for injury prone players. I don't see all of the 1st year pros being kept on that went out on loan this season so a couple of them will depart too and good luck to them also.

as for the loanees i don't want to see any of them back here next season as none where ready for this level of football and it showed and they shouldn't have been signed in the first place if not for budget restraints. I'm convinced however we will bring back or try to bring back Devine and Phillips cause for some reason fans and the club like them and its not down to the new guy who gets signed these days even. we need championship level players brought in during the summer throughout the squad strengthening the depth throughout.

im sure also we will see a transfer out or two from the squad that remain here its all down to whomever takes over and decides he needs to move this guy and that guy on in order to fund the signings of players the club want.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List   Retained List EmptySun May 05, 2024 8:43 pm

Can't see much happening until we have a new Manager/coach in place.

Whoever he is he will have done his homework and have his own ideas of who he does/doesn't want and who he wants to bring in.

If the Club goes down the loan route again, none of these will be decided before August when Clubs have assessed their fringe players for next season.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List   Retained List EmptyFri May 10, 2024 2:40 pm

MEN'S FIRST TEAM

2023/24 Argyle Retained List

Title-winning goalkeeper Callum Burton will be leaving Home Park this summer.  

The 27-year-old, who joined Argyle in the summer of 2021, played 32 games during his time as a Pilgrim, including playing a major part in our Sky Bet League One promotion win in 2022/23.    

With Michael Cooper injured in the February of that season, Burton stepped in and performed superbly for the remainder of the campaign, starting the final 17 league games as the Greens won the league.  

Burton will also be fondly remembered as a penalty-saving hero, who repelled three Cheltenham Town spot-kicks in the semi-final of the EFL Trophy to send Argyle to Wembley.  

Teenagers Oscar Halls and Jack Endacott will also be leaving the club. Both played a major part in the EFL Trophy campaign of 2022/23, and each spent time away from Home Park this season on loan.  

All three players move on with our very best wishes for the future.  

Three out-of-contract members of Argyle’s squad have been offered deals to stay. They are Brendan Galloway, Mickel Miller and Will Jenkins Davies, the latter of whom spent this season on loan at Torquay United.  

Four loan players’ deals have now ended; Lino Sousa, Alfie Devine, Darko Gyabi and Ashley Phillips will return to their parent clubs.  

From this season's under-18 squad, Freddie Issaka and Caleb Roberts will join the senior ranks, having already signed contracts on their respective 17th birthdays. Josh Bernard and Jack Matthews have been offered professional deals.

Argyle Director of Football Neil Dewsnip said: “It is always a difficult time of the year when we have to say goodbye to players, at the end of a season, especially when those players have come through our own ranks and have been part of some special times, as Callum Burton has done.  

“We thank those players leaving, including the ones heading back to their loan clubs, for their service to Argyle, as well as their professionalism. We wish them all the best, wherever their career takes them.  

“It is pleasing to see such a large cohort of players carrying over to next season. We have a talented, hard-working squad of players who have demonstrated fantastic commitment to Argyle, and we have an excellent base from which to prepare for next season.  

“We have offered new deals to out-of-contract players, which we hope they will sign. We also welcome new additions from our Academy’s system and will support those young players on their next steps in their Argyle journey.”

RETAINED LIST

Under contract: Michael Cooper, Bali Mumba, Jordan Houghton, Julio Pleguezuelo, Dan Scarr, Joe Edwards, Ryan Hardie, Morgan Whittaker, Callum Wright, Mustapha Bundu, Lewis Gibson, Tyreik Wright, Adam Randell, Conor Hazard, Ben Waine, Saxon Earley, Adam Forshaw, Matthew Sorinola, Zak Baker, Freddie Issaka, Caleb Roberts.  

Out of contract, offered new contract: Mickel Miller, Brendan Galloway, Will Jenkins Davies.  

Out of contract, released: Callum Burton, Jack Endacott, Oscar Halls.  

Loan expired: Lino Sousa, Alfie Devine, Darko Gyabi, Ashley Phillips.  

Moving from under-18s to first team: Josh Bernard, Jack Matthews.
Back to top Go down

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List   Retained List EmptyFri May 10, 2024 3:31 pm

no shocks there we all knew Burton was off on saturday and that miller and galloway would be offered new deals. Jenkins-Davies i wasnt aware was out of contract but the club seem to be high on him so why not. not shocked they let Halls and endacott go its says more about how the club views a young player's future if they can only find semi pro/amateur sides to take them on loan. Good luck to them..
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List   Retained List EmptyFri May 10, 2024 9:06 pm

No real surprises there.

Probably first task for the new manager is how to reduce the squad of 21 (potentially 24) enough to be able to bring in the injection of quality required.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

Whatswrongwithyoumalibu

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List   Retained List EmptySat May 11, 2024 7:42 am

Have to assume we're going with 2 keepers next season as clearly Burton would have been kept or offered terms certainly
Need about 6-7 players in.
Comical that I got abused over Callum Wright by the resident know all when I said he couldnt be "released" as he was under contract

Lets move on. We got away with it this season. Need some monster investment this summer from somewhere (maybe sell Whittaker) otherwise am pretty sure we'll be bottom 3 next season with current squad

I wouldnt sell Cooper under any circumstances to fund a rebuild but Whittaker can be frustrating at times as a bit selfish but then all goalscorers are
Back to top Go down

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Squad for 2024/2025 season    Retained List EmptySun May 12, 2024 10:52 am

As per my post related to this topic I too mentioned the need for 6 more players. I'm thinking 2 forwards, 3 midfield and 1 defender.

Going to be ruthless here and I think Waine, both Wrights should be sold, not quite good enough for the Championship I'm afraid.

2 new Central midfielders required, one being more defensive but better than what we have and one in the Finn Azaz style of play.
Am I dreaming? Yes probably but this is what we need to stay up players, the players brought in need to be upgrades or we have had it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Retained List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List   Retained List Empty

Back to top Go down

Retained List
Page 1 of 1