Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Retained List Announced

Go down 
+5
Jethro
Les Miserable
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
Josh Pope
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh Pope




Posts : 606
Join date : 2015-02-03
Age : 26

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Last edited by Paven on Fri May 15, 2015 4:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:07 pm

cant say im gutted he has been a flop since signing full time.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Paven wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Oh well, i would have liked to have seen him stay with a short-term contract.

I do not think we saw him at his best this season, so all the best to him at his next club.


Last edited by VillageGreen on Fri May 15, 2015 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer


Posts : 7795
Join date : 2015-04-02
Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:09 pm

First of many both pushed and wanting to leave
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7433
Join date : 2014-03-30

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:42 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
First of many both pushed and wanting to leave


cheers Hopefully cheers
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8363
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 33
Location : Dorset

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:46 pm

Maybe it was Shez that caused him to act out, funny how we had Hayes on loan he couldnt hit a barndoor with a banjo and yet he racked them up at Wycombe
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope




Posts : 606
Join date : 2015-02-03
Age : 26

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:52 pm

Allen joins him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8363
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 33
Location : Dorset

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:54 pm

Paven wrote:
Allen joins him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

who ? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Released

Dominic Blizzard
Jason Banton
River Allen
Ollie Norburn
Matt Lecointe
Marvin Morgan
Jamie Richards
Paul Wotton *formally retired from playing still apart of the coaching team

Deals Extended

Aaron Bentley
Peter Hartley

Offered New Contracts

Anthony O'connor
James Bittner
Tyler Harvey
Lewis Alessanndra

Loans expired returning to parent clubs

Zak Ansah
Tareiq Holmes-Dennis
Gethin Jones
Bobby Reid

Still Under contract

Ryan Brunt
Lee Cox
Carl McHugh
Luke McCormick
Kelvin Mellor
Curtis Nelson
Ben Purrington
Reuben Reid
Deane Smalley

Apprentices offered professional contract

Callum Hall
Louis Rooney.

Apprentices released

Andrew Hannah
Mason Hughes
Tom Moxham
Will Sargent.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i wish all who leave the club today all the best with their future endeavours.


Last edited by Mr. President Angry on Fri May 15, 2015 4:33 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8363
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 33
Location : Dorset

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Mr. President Angry wrote:
Released

Blizzard
Banton
Allen
Norburn
Lecointe
Morgan
Richards

Bentley and hartley's deals extended

O'connor, Bittner, Harvey and Alessanndra offered new deals

surprised bythose.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Out of those 4 its only Bittner that i reckon will 100% sign!!!
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3


Posts : 886
Join date : 2013-04-02
Location : Down West

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:02 pm

Wonder if Banton wiill go on and excel at another club? most former players seem to suffer at Argo under Shez and then go on and play blinders elsewhere..
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro


Posts : 8363
Join date : 2013-01-03
Age : 33
Location : Dorset

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:03 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Wonder if Banton wiill go on and excel at another club? most former players seem to suffer at Argo under Shez and then go on and play blinders elsewhere..

exactly
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:06 pm

argyl3 wrote:
Wonder if Banton wiill go on and excel at another club? most former players seem to suffer at Argo under Shez and then go on and play blinders elsewhere..

I dont think he will. He is on track to beat Guy Branston's record for clubs and he is only 22/23
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7433
Join date : 2014-03-30

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Good to see they ain't fackin about, crack on and rebuild asap in time for pre-season, will Shezza still be here is the big question?..................and Brent Ffs!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:57 pm

We had to get rid of Banton. He was too much like Nathan Thomas in those last few games, always running at defenders and trying to score/create goals etc.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 5:03 pm

ejh wrote:
We had to get rid of Banton. He was too much like Nathan Thomas in those last few games, always running at defenders and trying to score/create goals etc.

just a shame he didnt do anything like that for 18months prior i say Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 5:32 pm

Is there any indication that the retained/released list was decided by Sheridan?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6060
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Mr. President Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
We had to get rid of Banton. He was too much like Nathan Thomas in those last few games, always running at defenders and trying to score/create goals etc.

just a shame he didnt do anything like that for 18months prior i say Laughing Laughing


Exactly. Very surprised we haven't had the "should never have released Luke Young, we'd have been promotion certainties with him in the team" mantra as well. Still, at least Nathan Thomas got a mention, maybe it'll soon be time for a golden oldie and a lecture on why Sturrock was wrong to favour Norris ahead of Buster Phillips.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:14 pm

Seeing a few people getting hot and bothered on a various sites not on here as much over River Allen and Jamie Richards being released as much as Jason Banton!!!

River Allen i can accept why afew would be upset fwiw it might have been worth giving him another year and see how he does now we will have more reserve football next year so he will be playing more so he can develop so he can make a strong claim for the first team like others could do.
Jamie Richards!!! sorry i cant accept that why a few would be upset he has been released when he has been at the club for 4-5 years as a pro and hasn't come close to breaking into the first team once and thats under 3 different managers. Bigger shock is how he managed to stay here this long!


Last edited by Mr. President Angry on Fri May 15, 2015 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Mr. President Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
We had to get rid of Banton. He was too much like Nathan Thomas in those last few games, always running at defenders and trying to score/create goals etc.

just a shame he didnt do anything like that for 18months prior i say Laughing Laughing


Exactly. Very surprised we haven't had the "should never have released Luke Young, we'd have been promotion certainties with him in the team" mantra as well. Still, at least Nathan Thomas got a mention, maybe it'll soon be time for a golden oldie and a lecture on why Sturrock was wrong to favour Norris ahead of Buster Phillips.


Shez knows best, eh?

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6060
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:32 pm

ejh wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Mr. President Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
We had to get rid of Banton. He was too much like Nathan Thomas in those last few games, always running at defenders and trying to score/create goals etc.

just a shame he didnt do anything like that for 18months prior i say Laughing Laughing


Exactly. Very surprised we haven't had the "should never have released Luke Young, we'd have been promotion certainties with him in the team" mantra as well. Still, at least Nathan Thomas got a mention, maybe it'll soon be time for a golden oldie and a lecture on why Sturrock was wrong to favour Norris ahead of Buster Phillips.


Shez knows best, eh?


Certainly seems that way if you look at the league position now compared to when Luke and Nathan were playing starring roles.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope




Posts : 606
Join date : 2015-02-03
Age : 26

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 7:57 pm

Mr. President Angry wrote:
Seeing a few people getting hot and bothered on a various sites not on here as much over River Allen and Jamie Richards being released as much as Jason Banton!!!

River Allen i can accept why afew would be upset fwiw it might have been worth giving him another year and see how he does now we will have more reserve football next year so he will be playing more so he can develop so he can make a strong claim for the first team like others could do.
Jamie Richards!!! sorry i cant accept that why a few would be upset he has been released when he has been at the club for 4-5 years as a pro and hasn't come close to breaking into the first team once and thats under 3 different managers. Bigger shock is how he managed to stay here this long!

Actually agree with all of this! Richards vs Pompey U21's was absolutely shambolic!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle




Posts : 2622
Join date : 2014-02-15

Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:02 pm

I know that I'm probably wrong but given the capitulation this time last night, and the resultant spotlights on Sheridan and potentially Brent, that this is a good day to divert the fan base.

I'm sure they always planned to make these decisions within 24 hours of the season ending. Would it have been the same if we had triumphed at Wembley?

As I say probably me being paranoid but the anger is now turning towards what next season's squad is going to look like.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced EmptyFri May 15, 2015 8:19 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
I know that I'm probably wrong but given the capitulation this time last night, and the resultant spotlights on Sheridan and potentially Brent, that this is a good day to divert the fan base.

I'm sure they always planned to make these decisions within 24 hours of the season ending. Would it have been the same if we had triumphed at Wembley?

As I say probably me being paranoid but the anger is now turning towards what next season's squad is going to look like.

I reckon it would have been the same in fairness. There aren't any shocks in that list like last year with Jake Cole and Luke Young. Banton was always going to be touch and go if he was offered a deal or choose to walk. He was a massive flop.

I just really hope from when the transfer window opens until it closes at the end of august/very early September whoever is the manager they are given proper funds to build on the squad we have left to become a more competitive squad to have real cover and competition for places and not heavily rely on a strong 11 staying fit, playing well and suspension free and on short term loan signings.

Keeping the likes of McHugh, Nelson, Alessandra, Hartley, Reid and O'Connor here will help massively here too.

Who knows this time next year we are all happy and celebrating promotion via the automatics maybe even another title. It can be done if the rights deals are made on and off the pitch. Pre season will be crucial.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Retained List Announced Empty
PostSubject: Re: Retained List Announced   Retained List Announced Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Retained List Announced
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» RETAINED LIST
» Retained list
» Retained list, and who do we want to buy or sell.
» Academy retained list
» Danny Salman ┬áretained list

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: