Earwegoagain
mouldyoldgoat
Dog Bone Malone
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 9:52 am

Champions League final moved to Paris from St Petersburg. Good.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 10:15 am

That will teach them. I can't help thinking we are snared in a net of our own making here with this kill the planet capitalist globalist trade society that we live in, we are only slightly dependant on Putins gas and oil yet are very heavily reliant on the oil from the sand pit hence our need to butcher thousands of our and their kids every few years. The EU is very, very reliant on gas and oil deliveries from Putin because they don't have a lot of sea ports so rely on projects like Nord stream. We don't grow all our own food yet are paying farmers to farm nature whilst doing trade deals with Australia to buy their beef. The EU has done deals with Mercosaur for F&M ridden beef whilst the leaders of the free world all meet up to discuss how to get rid of the pollution all this trade causes whilst Brazil cuts down the lungs of the planet to provide the shitty meat we don't want to produce ourselves. Anyway back to us and Putin the biggest sanction we could impose would be to cut him out of the swift banking system yet to do that would cause us more issues than it would him, my point is that we are so heavily dependant on each other it seems impossible to hurt Putin without hurting ourselves and what's more it will only be the Russian and Ukrainian people who will suffer not the twats like Putin that want to make a name for themselves.
More than ever we need to take advantage of our geographical location, make ourselves as self sufficient as possible and just stop this destructive globalist bollocks that the banks and big business have convinced everybody is the only way to go, it isn't it's killing the planet and thousands of young people and innocent residents of many countries every year and what's more doesn't ever change.
Lest we forget my sweaty arse.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 10:26 am

'Germany has disgraced themselves!' Ex-EU chief erupts at Brussels' Ukraine betrayal
DONALD Tusk has lashed out at Germany over its response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
By KATIE HARRIS

The former European Council President hit out at a number of EU countries including Germany. Mr Tusk accused them of "disgracing themselves" in a row over sanctions against Moscow.

DONALD Tusk has lashed out at Germany over its response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

What the EU has refused to do to help Ukraine
The ex-EU chief tweeted: "In this war everything is real: Putin’s madness and cruelty, Ukrainian victims, bombs falling on Kyiv.

"Only your sanctions are pretended.

"Those EU governments, which blocked tough decisions (i.a. Germany, Hungary, Italy) have disgraced themselves."

Mr Tusk's tweet comes as there are divisions across member states over how far to go with sanctions.

donald tusk
Donald Tusk has lashed out at Germany over its response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine
Some EU nations that could face the harshest economic backlash themselves have been pressing to keep the most severe steps in reserve.

Germany is said to be among those that prefer a step-by-step approach, while Central European and Baltic states - those closest to Russia - want a harder stance.

Britain, the US and the EU have hit Moscow with a package of economic sanctions after Russia launched an invasion on Ukraine early on Thursday in the biggest attack on a European state since World War Two.

Boris Johnson is pushing for Russia to be cut out of the Swift system, a type of international bank sort code, but is facing resistance to the move from Europe.

Dear oh dear it would appear that the EU is far from united Boris to blame no doubt. cheers
Back to top Go down

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 10:38 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
'Germany has disgraced themselves!' Ex-EU chief erupts at Brussels' Ukraine betrayal
By KATIE HARRIS

The former European Council President hit out at a number of EU countries including Germany. Mr Tusk accused them of "disgracing themselves" in a row over sanctions against Moscow.

The ex-EU chief tweeted: "In this war everything is real: Putin’s madness and cruelty, Ukrainian victims, bombs falling on Kyiv.

"Those EU governments, which blocked tough decisions (i.a. Germany, Hungary, Italy) have disgraced themselves."

Mr Tusk's tweet comes as there are divisions across member states over how far to go with sanctions.

donald tusk
Donald Tusk has lashed out at Germany over its response to Russia's invasion of Ukraine
Some EU nations that could face the harshest economic backlash themselves have been pressing to keep the most severe steps in reserve.

Germany is said to be among those that prefer a step-by-step approach, while Central European and Baltic states - those closest to Russia - want a harder stance.

Britain, the US and the EU have hit Moscow with a package of economic sanctions after Russia launched an invasion on Ukraine early on Thursday in the biggest attack on a European state since World War Two.

Boris Johnson is pushing for Russia to be cut out of the Swift system, a type of international bank sort code, but is facing resistance to the move from Europe.

Dear oh dear it would appear that the EU is far from united Boris to blame no doubt. cheers

Lol. Didn't take long for the meat to be beat did it? Absolutely pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 11:02 am

Freathy wrote:
Britain could never act alone, ever.  Some may point to the Falklands but Argentina's armed forces then were very poor and very underequipped.   But the UK is more insignificant and irrelevant than ever now. 

You really don't a good word to say about our military who are pound for pound some of the best trained in the world. As for the Falklands, the navy had 20 Harrier jump-jets of which 9 were lost due to ground fire and accidents. The Argentine navy/air force could put 240 fighters in the air plus the latest spec French built Super-Etendard fighter-bombers carrying exocet anti-ship missiles. Although fewer in number these days, our military are top notch and don't you fecking forget!

1965-67 saw me spend to 30 months in Malaya/Borneo as Indonesian dictator, General Soekarno took exception to the formation of Malaysia. The fledgling Malay army did what it could although the conflict was mostly fought and won by British land and air forces. Incidentally, not many know that U.S. Air Force and army personnel in Vietnam were trained by British instructors in some aspects of jungle warfare and survival. Such training goes on even now.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 11:29 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Champions League final moved to Paris from St Petersburg. Good.

Ah!!! France capitalise on "Mother Russia's" loss of making a few readies. I bet no one on Planet Earth imagined the French winning that one. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 11:40 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
I wonder what the “consequences” will be if anyone gets in his way?

Will he stand up and admit he funded Brexit and Trump with the intention of destabilising the West? That would set the cat amongst the pigeons.

The West is weak and divided because of Trump and Brexit. Even if Putin didn’t have anything to do with it, he is taking advantage now.

lol! Yes, the west was so much stronger and influential pre Brexit. I mean, see the way it sorted out Putin when he invaded Crimea or the smooth transition that took place when Yugoslavia broke up. Always a tower of strength during troubled times was the EU.

Oh ok. So are you saying that the West is STRONGER now because of Brexit?

Certainly no weaker as UK forces will still be in the field but operating under the NATO flag.

Might even be better off if the commanding general happens to be a Frenchman - as Macron would probably insist.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:08 pm

Word is that Mr Putin has been alone for the past two years due to him being paranoid about catching covid and that has played with his mind, for the worse.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:23 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
By KATIE HARRIS

donald tusk

I'm sorry Frank I took issue with your POV that Ukraine was all our fault because of Brexit yet lo and behold the very next day I C&P a story from a newspaper who are quoting not a thick racist Brexiteer like myself but the actual ex leader of the EU Donald Tusk and that makes me pathetic! This is what happens when you stray out of your echo chambers you get challenged about your lazy ill thought arguments, enjoy.
Back to top Go down

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 12:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
By KATIE HARRIS

donald tusk

I'm sorry Frank I took issue with your POV that Ukraine was all our fault because of Brexit yet lo and behold the very next day I C&P a story from a newspaper who are quoting not a thick racist Brexiteer like myself but the actual ex leader of the EU Donald Tusk and that makes me pathetic! This is what happens when you stray out of your echo chambers you get challenged about your lazy ill thought arguments, enjoy.

You wouldn't have agreed with Tusk if his comments were pro EU. Thats the sort of echo chamber you live in.

Anyway, I am off to work to deal with the first raft of Ukrainian asylum seekers. Best you go and take advantage of our geographical advantage and isolate yourself from the big bad world.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 1:08 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
By KATIE HARRIS

donald tusk

You wouldn't have agreed with Tusk if his comments were pro EU. Thats the sort of echo chamber you live in.

Anyway, I am off to work to deal with the first raft of Ukrainian asylum seekers. Best you go and take advantage of our geographical advantage and isolate yourself from the big bad world.

Out of your depth as usual off you pop. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 1:12 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
By KATIE HARRIS

donald tusk

Out of your depth as usual off you pop. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Maybe I am out of my depth. How can a mere mortal compete with an intellectual colossus like yourself?
Back to top Go down

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 1:15 pm

Anyway, that's me done.

All the best everyone. Remember that we are all Green.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 3:24 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Word is that Mr Putin has been alone for the past two years due to him being paranoid about catching covid and that has played with his mind, for the worse.

And yet I heard he was hard at work in his new office block. You gotta cut the bloke some slack ffs.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 4:49 pm

Poootin now threatening Finland and Sweden militarily if they join NATO. He just needs to grow a little moustache and he's the real deal! Laughing

for 2022, read 1939!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 5:36 pm

POI wrote:
Poootin now threatening Finland and Sweden militarily if they join NATO. He just needs to grow a little moustache and he's the real deal! Laughing

for 2022, read 1939!

There's the problem. The West will abandon Ukraine as it isn't part of NATO or the EU, apart from meaningless tub thumping and a a few sanctions. It's pretty likely that Putin will next turn his attention to the Baltic States, who are members of both organisations, so we'll see what happens then. He'll think he can get away with anything at the moment with the EU weakened and America pretty much impotent, and to be honest, not too bothered about Russia - their main focus is China. Will Europe stand up to him?

In any case, Putin will be thinking that either Trump or one of his supporters will be elected in a couple of years, who he can wrap around his little finger, so he will get no opposition there.

Putin has a pathological hatred of NATO, forgetting that it is a defensive organisation, not one intent on world domination.

He is sounding more unhinged every time he speaks, and that is really worrying.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 6:28 pm

POI wrote:

for 2022, read 1939!

The bloke has totally lost it and with his deranged mind as it is, could easily start a wider conflict in Europe. He does not care by all accounts and if he can't win, then no one else will either.

He has stated that he will not tolerate other countries interfering in this conflict or harming the Russian people. He could well view sanctions and arming the Ukrainian military as interfering now, unleashing hell. He is mad enough to do it.

Away from the conflict, he also wants NATO to reduce its forces in the Baltic States and has threatened to use the appropriate measures if that is not met. NATO have dismissed that notion and are sending more forces to the Baltic States, this will just add more petrol to the already engulfing flames.

The threat of WWIII is very real right now and should he get backed into a corner or issues he has highlighted are not addressed, he could well snap and launch nukes.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 7:16 pm

Thing is Village how much Hitlerising will the Russian people put up with? Remember it's them that will bear the brunt of the sanctions and fight the war for him.
Back to top Go down

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 8:37 pm

its hard to take the russian army seriously now seeing this
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2022 8:52 pm

I think putin's days are numbered. The ordinary russian people are fed lies and may swallow them but there are very powerful and very rich russians with a lot to lose who know what is really happening and along with the generals have the means to dispose of this piece of filth. It won't be too long.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 8:01 am

Freathy wrote:
I think putin's days are numbered.  The ordinary russian people are fed lies and may swallow them but there are very powerful and very rich russians with a lot to lose who know what is really happening and along with the generals have the means to dispose of this piece of filth.  It won't be too long.

According the the gold standard of Ukrainian inside rumours that is Twitter, Laughing  The hierarchy in which Putin surrounds himself with are pretty pissed off with Vlad for starting this shit. I think when the truth is out and certain people learn that it's turning into a clusterfuck in Ukraine and not the walk over Putin promised his generals, then he'll be wacked. Either by one of his pissed off cabal surrounding him, or one of the many powerful Oligarchs and autocrats who will be mightily pissed off with their piggy banks when sanctions really kick in, especially if Russia is removed from SWIFT.

As an aside, some of the stories coming out of Ukraine are pretty heart-wrenching stuff. Fathers and young sons leaving their families to take up arms and fight the cause. Hats off to them, and good luck to them.

Kin hell, what a time to be alive!
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 8:15 am

If rumours are to believed from a Twitter site called 'The Kyiv Independent', those Ruskies are getting bit of a kicking and it's not going to plan at all for Putin. Although, I suspect, in the end, sheer numbers of troops will eventually over run Ukrainian forces.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 9:59 am

Russia will over run the Ukraine forces eventually but at great cost.  Then what?  If they try to occupy Ukraine or even part of Ukraine that will tie up massive resources and even more russian soldiers will need to be sent back in body bags.  A puppet regime set up by putin won't last as it will be overthrown and then we'll be back to square one.  Conclusion is putin and his gang didn't think this through at all.

Putin just needs to hurry up and die and I don't think we'll be waiting too long for that.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 10:27 am

Putin is on obviously getting enough troops into Kiev to steam over them but it's a tough one for him because if he starts a real bombardment with air force and missiles then the civilian casualties will be massive and he won't want loads of kids in body bags paraded before the world's media. The Ukrainian government needs to stay mobile and out of his reach and if the fighting ends up block to block it could be a.long old job. Sanctions won't do shit because he has good cash and gold reserves unlike us who live on debt and also Belgium have a caveat to allow them to export diamonds and the Italians one for luxury goods, absolute wankers. As said above I can see the Ukrainian people going underground and using guerilla or terrorist type tactics which will create a massive rod for Vlad's back. Let's hope their is some kind of a coup, a difficult one because if he is taken out with a single shot who knows which hardline wanker will sieze power? It could go from bad to worse. I really do despair.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 26, 2022 11:04 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Putin is on obviously getting enough troops into Kiev to steam over them but it's a tough one for him because if he starts a real bombardment with air force and missiles then the civilian casualties will be massive and he won't want loads of kids in body bags paraded before the world's media. The Ukrainian government needs to stay mobile and out of his reach and if the fighting ends up block to block it could be a.long old job. Sanctions won't do shit because he has good cash and gold reserves unlike us who live on debt and also Belgium have a caveat to allow them to export diamonds and the Italians one for luxury goods, absolute wankers. As said above I can see the Ukrainian people going underground and using guerilla or terrorist type tactics which will create a massive rod for Vlad's back. Let's hope their is some kind of a coup, a difficult one because if he is taken out with a single shot who knows which hardline wanker will sieze power? It could go from bad to worse. I really do despair.

Russia may use thermobaric bombs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ukraine - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ukraine   Ukraine - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ukraine
Page 5 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next