Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.

Go down 
+7
Charlie Wood
Chemical Ali
Nick
Czarcasm
Greenskin
Freathy
Tringreen
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:25 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Christ on a bike..how Shrewsbury never got that equaliser!!

I see the Aviva,s had a good day in the tent again

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

Ordinary football fans enjoying a drink and a laugh prematch . Shock ! Horror !
Back to top Go down

Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 6:18 pm

greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

Looks like a meeting for Age concern
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 pm

It was still a dire performance, but to misquote Ollie, sometimes you have to win ugly. I will take
a Susan Boyle win over a Kylie Minogue loss or draw any day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:03 pm

I don't know Cerbera that one is a bit tricky to pick............

Why do people have to ridicule those that go to the Fan Fest? Why shouldn't they get together like loads of other supporters do pre-match and have a laugh. What is the difference to doing it to make a few quid for the club than doing it in a random pub with the profits to a brewery. The remark about "Age Concern" is also uncalled for. Is there an age limit on having what is clearly a good time for themselves. Half of the people who post on here have voted with their feet and don't go at all. They make their choices so why rip the piss out of others who have made theirs. I'm 62 so should I just stay at home and wear my cardi rather than be seen anywhere in public. And no I don't go to the Fan Fests but I do stay out for a couple of beers after the match. Shame on me that it is.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 9:57 pm

I agree with Sensilble here. The Age Concern thing is a cheap shot. If those people enjoy it why shouldn't they go there? Good luck to them. The crack does actually suggest a wider point worthy of consideration. Is that demographic representative of our wider fan base? If it is then the future of the club is in serious peril. It might be more representative of those who use the grandstand. If that was my preferred part of the ground then I'd probably go to fan fest but it isn't so I don't.

More worrying is the mullet on one of the singers. I thought such things had been outlawed years ago.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Was there yesterday,generally an entertaining game a pretty good team performance-we deserved to win,thought we defended well.Purse and Blanchard were excellent together and Cole made a wonderful close range save described as "world class" in the Sunday Independent today-would'nt disagree!.Unfortunately we sat back in the last 5mins desperate for the win and nearly paid the price,at least Fletcher got the subs right both Tsoumou and Macdonald immediately making a difference after soon coming on.Think we should give them (and Fletcher a bit of credit yesterday) performance and tatics much improved.Roll on Tuesday bring on the Gasheads!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:38 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
greengenes wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

Looks like a meeting for Age concern
Horrendous isnt it . Everyone of those people is someone's. Mother father sister brother daughter son . Be proud mate be very proud .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:45 pm

It does make you wonder who will be supporting the club 20 years from now though, unless the club does something like winning something, then there won't be any fans left to support it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 10:55 pm

GOB wrote:
It does make you wonder who will be supporting the club 20 years from now though, unless the club does something like winning something, then there won't be any fans left to support it.

Well my boys will be and their kids will . Helluva feckin assumption to make on the basis of one photo on one website ,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 18, 2012 11:23 pm

Not a bad match at all.

Luckily, There strikers were bleddy awful though.

Roll on rovers, need to get something against them.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 12:33 am

There is certainly a generation gap in our support, even ignoring that photo it seems obvious.

Lots of kids due to the cheap price for them, and people 50+ stuck in a lifetime's habit.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:35 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I agree with Sensilble here. The Age Concern thing is a cheap shot. If those people enjoy it why shouldn't they go there? Good luck to them. The crack does actually suggest a wider point worthy of consideration. Is that demographic representative of our wider fan base? If it is then the future of the club is in serious peril. It might be more representative of those who use the grandstand. If that was my preferred part of the ground then I'd probably go to fan fest but it isn't so I don't.

More worrying is the mullet on one of the singers. I thought such things had been outlawed years ago.

The away support would appear to support this view . Apparently I'm a bit of a snob Surprised and as such, I found Punchdrunk's original comment factual rather than offensive.
Back to top Go down
Greenman

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:54 am

Typical, first home match I missed all season because of sisters wedding (I explained to her not to get married in the footie season) and we win! I went Rotherham and witnessed a load of shit.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:02 am

It's the 18-40 group that is largely missing from the Argyle support these days. I suspect due to cost but also mainly I'm afraid becuase Argyle is just not seen as cool. In fact it's seen as a joke club. The last other ground I visited was White Hart Lane last season and this age group seemed to be the vast majority, at least from where I was sat. I've always said a prolonged period of decline and failure with absolutely no light at the end of the tunnel will alienate a whole generation of fans. I'm afraid only success on the pitch to the extent that it's a complete reversal of our current plight (and more) will begin to re-ignite their interest.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 9:12 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

If you go to a Freak Meet, at the Cherry Tree, you'll see a couple of mulleted (non ATD-ers) janners.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:23 pm

Ever thought it might just be the Fan Fest that is not seen as cool by the younger fraternity?

I go to matches in a group of 4 these days which used to be 5. The fifth one works every Saturday now but he was in the under 40 age bracket and still attends mid week matches. 2 of the 4 are over 60 and the other 2 under 40. Around where I sit there are more younger people than older. By younger I am using the same definition as yourselves which is under 40. A good deal of them are under 25. May I just point out that the ones who are posting the age problem are mostly over 40 themselves and it is these people who have voted with their feet and are not attending. Before anyone has a pop at that comment I have no problem with anyone doing what they think is right in either going or not.

There are a lot of older people who still go and yes it is a lifetime thing with them. But, there are also a fair number of youngsters comparibly and my guess would be around 50/50.

May I also remind people about the outcry on here recently to chants of "g*po". The concensus was overwhelmingly that players should not be branded and rightly so. However it now appears that some people are labeled for being over 50 or 60 and that is ok. Is it that they are older or is it that they would be perceived as PASOTI types and therefore fair game for riddicule? Other than that it would seem that Ageist is ok but Racist isn't. Well I can assure you it offends me to be bracketed and laughed at just because I'm not young age wise. I'm not exactly dead just yet and still know how to enjoy myself and have a laugh with others of all age groups.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:31 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
Ever thought it might just be the Fan Fest that is not seen as cool by the younger fraternity?

I go to matches in a group of 4 these days which used to be 5. The fifth one works every Saturday now but he was in the under 40 age bracket and still attends mid week matches. 2 of the 4 are over 60 and the other 2 under 40. Around where I sit there are more younger people than older. By younger I am using the same definition as yourselves which is under 40. A good deal of them are under 25. May I just point out that the ones who are posting the age problem are mostly over 40 themselves and it is these people who have voted with their feet and are not attending. Before anyone has a pop at that comment I have no problem with anyone doing what they think is right in either going or not.

There are a lot of older people who still go and yes it is a lifetime thing with them. But, there are also a fair number of youngsters comparibly and my guess would be around 50/50.

May I also remind people about the outcry on here recently to chants of "g*po". The concensus was overwhelmingly that players should not be branded and rightly so. However it now appears that some people are labeled for being over 50 or 60 and that is ok. Is it that they are older or is it that they would be perceived as PASOTI types and therefore fair game for riddicule? Other than that it would seem that Ageist is ok but Racist isn't. Well I can assure you it offends me to be bracketed and laughed at just because I'm not young age wise. I'm not exactly dead just yet and still know how to enjoy myself and have a laugh with others of all age groups.

lol! Calm down sensible bloke, you'll hurt yourself ! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Spot on SG you old git!

I agree though with you sentiments, jokes aside.

The thing is, young lads (and lasses) these days don't have the disposable income to blow on an afternoon at Home Park, whether on a per match basis or via a ST. They would rather spend their money going out with their mates.

£20 match ticket, plus a beer or two and it's not hard to blow £40 which is a fair wedge to a 18 year old with a Saxo to run.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:02 pm

Perhaps these youngsters should be a little more kind and reverend to the Saga members of their family who do have disposable income and who might buy them an ST?

I can laugh at an "Old Git" comment but find it harder to laugh when people just have a dig because I'm old. Older people may not look cool when having a good time but then I've never been cool anyway and nor have I ever wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Having a good time and bleddyargo should rarely be mentioned in the same breath.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 6:49 pm

There are quite a few youngsters at the FFs and several work behind the scenes for it as well . Theres a healthy mix of all ages but I guess it its top heavy with us oldies . Its all to do with how it is perceived by the younger generation and also connected to dsiposable income . My 2 lads love it and so does my mate a died in the wool Celtic supporter from Glasgow who also supports Argyle as his local team . I understand a lot of Clubs are interested in setting up their own fans fests and have asked for advice . The FFs are a success and I can't quite understand why anyone would want to criticise it .
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

GG - did your mate put the Celtic scarves upin the tent? One of my brother's mates is a Glasweigan Rangers fan, but now also supports argyle (even has argyle tattoos!) and wouldlike to burn the Celtic scarves Laughing He wasn't happy with Rangers or Scotland Rugby on Saturday night Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:08 pm

During one of the many meetings when the club was proposing a "Federation" of all the regional supporters branches, Tom Kristensen (who was financial controller at the time) made the observation that we had the oldest average age of supporters of any club in the Championship.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:19 pm

It's simply not cool to support Argyle. Never have beens and with the present 'happy to be mediocre' mentality, never will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Good job some of us aren't cool then Tringreen or else you'd have feck all else to talk about on line from your Med retreat. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.   Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taming The Shrews - Richard Blight Presents the Shrewsbury Match Thread.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next