Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+14
Clodagh Rubbish
Greenlander
Freathy
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
Earwegoagain
Hugh Midde
harvetheslayer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
seadog
Admin

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 10:24 am

I hope Vodaphone don't fall victim to any anti woke cancel culture binning off.

They will all go back to pre membership days soon enough.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 12:34 pm

If you are with Thames water like me then you can get a one off money back from your bills if you have a soak away for your rain water.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 1:45 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
If you are with Thames water like me then you can get a one off money back from your bills if you have a soak away for your rain water.

Presumably you have also received notification from Thames regarding the price rise? I pay by direct debit and the rise comes into effect this very month.

I'll look into this soakaway business as my nextdoor neighbour has green barrel connected to his downpipe. Thanks for the heads-up.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 2:59 pm

We found the information on the bill.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 4:10 pm

I'm surprised your bills are so high as they chuck all the sewage in the rivers.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2021 5:20 pm

They certainly do up here ‘accidental like’.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptySun Aug 15, 2021 9:16 pm

Interesting read....

'A new report has revealed Brexit Britain's exports to the EU have continued to surge, jumping by a fifth compared to five years ago when the UK voted to unshackle itself from Brussels' control. Pro-Brexit think tank Facts4EU revealed the eye-catching findings after examining the latest trade figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS). The data covers the three-month period from April 1 until June 30 of this year and show exports to the European Union have rebounded by 31.5 percent compared with the previous quarter.

Facts4EU found that the total value of UK exports to the remaining 27 EU member states stood at £38.6billion - £8.4billion higher than in the same three month period of 2016, a matter of weeks before the historic Brexit referendum.

Brexiteers have now launched a furious attack against the EU, warning more of its nations are preparing to leave the bloc after realising the huge benefits of Brexit.

Reacting to our initial story, one Express.co.uk reader wrote: "Whichever side of the argument you are on, ask yourselves this: which trading bloc would ever undermine, mock and abuse one of her largest customers?

"This has been done by the EU without any concern for jobs within the bloc.

"So many Brits are switch buying to none EU goods and services and this was completely unnecessary.

"Why didn't we hear: 'We are sorry, shocked and somewhat upset that one of our closest partners has chosen to leave the EU but we respect our British friends?

"'We will do all we can to ensure a smooth transition and do all we can to retain and improve business ties'.

"The EU has damaged not only us but the confidence of other members. The cards will soon start falling."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 9:53 am

Facts4EU found that the total value of UK exports to the remaining 27 EU member states stood at £38.6billion - £8.4billion higher than in the same three month period of 2016, a matter of weeks before the historic Brexit referendum.

So Boris didn't lie then?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 16, 2021 11:14 am

Doesn’t look like it.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 12:49 pm

Must admit I never thought I would be quoting Thatcher, but in her Mansion House speech in April 1988, she said this -

'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without borders - visible or invisible - giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of 300 million of the world's wealthiest and most prosperous people.

Bigger than Japan. Bigger than the United States. On your doorstep. And with the Channel Tunnel to give you direct access to it.

It's not a dream. It's not a vision. It's not some bureaucrat's plan. It's for real.'

Couldn't stand the woman but at least she had the sense to realise a good thing when she saw it, unlike her modern counterpart.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 2:39 pm

"Brexiteers have now launched a furious attack against the EU, warning more of its nations are preparing to leave the bloc after realising the huge benefits of Brexit."

No other EU member state is preparing to leave the EU nor would they even consider leaving. No other EU Member State is that stupid.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 4:25 pm

They won't be stupid enough to ask the people. Greece, Poland and Netherlands all have a big anti EU presence in their populations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2021 9:20 pm

Wasn’t difficult to find this statement from 2016 and also didn’t realise that eu employees are immune from prosecution from corruption, so when the remainers have their daily hand wringing woe is me crap, i say Bleddy glad we’re out of this corrupt cabal.

“The True Economic Cost of Corruption in Europe: Up to €990 Billion Annually
To fully understand the true economic costs of corruption within the European Union, the European Parliament commissioned RAND Europe to conduct an econometric analysis to estimate the potential harm of corruption on the EU and its member states.
The company’s analysis resulted in a new estimate of up to €990 billion in GDP terms being lost annually, demonstrating the significant economic impact of corruption on the EU and its member states. That’s more than eight times existing estimates.
For the United Kingdom, this is equivalent to €1,980 for each person, every year. The total loss to the UK from EU corruption is up to €120 Billion every year.”
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 8:50 am

I've mentioned before many times about how all the "free money" the EU gave us then got divided out by councils and quangos like the £3m given to the Tamar Valley mining heritage project I doubt that more than £300k went on actual work all the rest went to county councils, English heritage, natural England etc. Also as the bus said that £3m cost us £5m in payments to the EU.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 10:38 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I've mentioned before many times about how all the "free money" the EU gave us then got divided out by councils and quangos like the £3m given to the Tamar Valley mining heritage project I doubt that more than £300k went on actual work all the rest went to county councils, English heritage, natural England etc. Also as the bus said that £3m cost us £5m in payments to the EU.

More misinformed nonsense I'm afraid.

It didn't work like that. Projects were worked up by the applicants, and if approved, grants were awarded, normally 50% of the costs with the the rest being found from their own budgets or central government. Grants were paid when the work had started, if the grant was for £5m, they got £5m. There were many top quality projects approved over the years, without the EU there wouldn't be a university in Cornwall, there wouldn't be an Eden project, just two which have delivered a great deal of economic benefits.

Before you ask I was heavily involved in managing the programmes, so I do know.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2021 1:56 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

It didn't work like that. Projects were worked up by the applicants, and if approved, grants were awarded, normally 50% of the costs with the the rest being found from their own budgets or central government. Grants were paid when the work had started, if the grant was for £5m, they got £5m. There were many top quality projects approved over the years, without the EU there wouldn't be a university in Cornwall, there wouldn't be an Eden project, just two which have delivered a great deal of economic benefits.

I was heavily involved in delivering the actual work in the Tamar valley so I know as well. Also another fact is we paid £20bn p/a and then got £12bn p/a back which was then divided up by the councils and the suits. We easily could have paid for the uni ourselves and it would have been cheaper than the EU route they only gave us some of our money back.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 9:36 am

"We easily could have paid"

I agree but we never would have and never will.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 10:11 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I was heavily involved in delivering the actual work in the Tamar valley so I know as well. Also another fact is we paid £20bn p/a and then got £12bn p/a back which was then divided up by the councils and the suits. We easily could have paid for the uni ourselves and it would have been  cheaper than the EU route they only gave us some of our money back.

No, you're wrong. EU money was never 'divided up by the council and the suits'. It was paid directly to projects by a 'Managing Authority'. of which I was part.

Of the £500 odd million available in 2000 -2008 programme, 98% was paid to projects, which, when coupled with the match funding, meant that over £1 billion was injected into the Cornish economy. That never would happened without the EU.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 11:31 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I was heavily involved in delivering the actual work in the Tamar valley so I know as well. Also another fact is we paid £20bn p/a and then got £12bn p/a back which was then divided up by the councils and the suits. We easily could have paid for the uni ourselves and it would have been  cheaper than the EU route they only gave us some of our money back.

No, you're wrong. EU money was never 'divided up by the council and the suits'. It was paid directly to projects by a 'Managing Authority'. of which I was part.

Of the £500 odd million available in 2000 -2008 programme, 98% was paid to projects, which, when coupled with the match funding, meant that over £1 billion was injected into the Cornish economy. That never would happened without the EU.

In the Tamar valley the money was divided out between Devon County Council, English Heritage, English nature and lastly the people like me that did the work there. For every pound that went on preserving the mining heritage, fencing, access and restoring an engine house I reckon that £2 went to the suits. Everybody working there was wondering how in the hell this was costing £3m the answer is that the councils and the heritage lot were all "part of the project" and received money for pushing the massive amounts of paper that the EU demanded. Don't get me wrong I earned some good money but I grafted and have some pretty unique skills but the Archeologist was on £1200/day and I bet his bosses earned even more. At the opening day there were about 60 suits and about 20 actual workers.
The fact that you were part of the gravy train doesn't surprise me and kind of bolsters the point that I'm making, how many other people like you were "heavily managing the programs"? I bet you weren't earning the minimum wage, I also bet there were loads more of you doing the same thing, you were also matched by identical outfits in the EU channeling the money your way and I bet you also had a share of the £3m that I am talking about. The more that time went on the more suits appeared and the less work got done with the money.
Maybe if I was retired in Spain right now I would be more supportive of the EU?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 8:51 pm

Freathy wrote:
"Brexiteers have now launched a furious attack against the EU, [b]warning more of its nations are preparing to leave the bloc after realising the huge benefits of Brexit.

The European Council President seems to think highly of a country mapping out its own destiny....

The problem is that people like Vladimir Putin immediately smell something fishy when a Brussels third-rater endeavours to cozy up to a country who's border nestles slap bang against that of Mother Russia. While Putin and his top military are less than happy that Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are fully paid up members of NATO they're gonna nip in the bud any chance of the less powerful EU adding another charm to it's bracelet which is why they not only annexed the Crimea Peninsula with it's dockyards, anchorage and airfields but impounded severel Ukrainian warships in the bargain.

Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2021 8:59 pm

At the risk of repeating myself, EU money went to projects. Not to councils, suits, me or any other individual, despite your rather nasty assertion.

The Managing Authority was staffed by serving civil servants, not funded by EU money, just the normal salaries paid by the Government.

Those are the facts, which as a leaver, you will choose to ignore or not believe as you are totally blinded by your hatred of all things Europe.

However, you are wrong.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 6:05 am

Its beyond belief that a few on the thread are still under the impression that Brexit has been good for us
Weapons grade idiocy

Whole industries decimated and lets not forget big changes coming on October 1st just 35 days away and again on January 1st which will make it much much worse

Its been a total clusterfuck and a total catastrophe made worse because I actually voted for this insanity. Sold a lie by the evil cvnt in number 10 who promised in 2016 that British business would be £600 million a week better off if we left
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 8:47 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
At the risk of repeating myself, EU money went to projects. Not to councils, suits, me or any other individual, despite your rather nasty assertion.

The Managing Authority was staffed by serving civil servants, not funded by EU money, just the normal salaries paid by the Government.

Those are the facts, which as a leaver, you will choose to ignore or not believe as you are totally blinded by your hatred of all things Europe.

However, you are wrong.

No nasty assertions but more refusing to accept the facts. So the fantastic EU projects were enabled via salaries paid by the government? Who paid those salaries? We the British public. Its all part of the EU corruption money go round.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 5:40 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:
"Brexiteers have now launched a furious attack against the EU, [b]warning more of its nations are preparing to leave the bloc after realising the huge benefits of Brexit.

The European Council President seems to think highly of a country mapping out its own destiny....

The problem is that people like Vladimir Putin immediately smell something fishy when a Brussels third-rater endeavours to cozy up to a country who's border nestles slap bang against that of Mother Russia. While Putin and his top military are less than happy that Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania are fully paid up members of NATO they're gonna nip in the bud any chance of the less powerful EU adding another charm to it's bracelet which is why they not only annexed the Crimea Peninsula with it's dockyards, anchorage and airfields but impounded severel Ukrainian warships in the bargain.  

I never said that quote
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Freathy wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Freathy wrote:
"Brexiteers have now launched a furious attack against the EU, warning more of its nations are preparing to leave the bloc after realising the huge benefits of Brexit.

I never said that quote

This page on Mon 23 Aug - 14:39

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 10 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 35  Next