Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.

Go down 
+14
Clodagh Rubbish
Greenlander
Freathy
Tgwu
mouldyoldgoat
Greenskin
Les Miserable
Lord Melbury
Czarcasm
PlymptonPilgrim
seadog
Earwegoagain
Hugh Midde
harvetheslayer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Jun - 21:54

Unfortunately I read Harve’s post above, seems the bellend was persuaded to vote for Brexit by the red bus and Boris’s JCB etc and now regrets it, I don’t know anyone who was persuaded by all that bollox, I’ve wanted out for years, still do “ne regret rien “
Old Harve just keeps on convincing us all what a lying gullible toss pot he is.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Jun - 23:09

If it wasn't for project fear from literally every news organisation backed by the government and the opposition I reckon the original vote would have gone 60/40 in favour of leave. I wanted out for years but the way they treated Greece really did it for me.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Jun - 12:25

lol
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Jun - 6:35

10 fold lowering of standards and the bottom of the barrel isn't remotely in sight yet.
Any remaining modicum of decency and self respect has gone way out of the window already

What a monsterous clusterfuck this was aided by criminals

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Jun - 9:23

Graiser wrote:
Unfortunately I read Harve’s post above, seems the bellend was persuaded to vote for Brexit by the red bus and Boris’s JCB etc and now regrets it, I don’t know anyone who was persuaded by all that bollox, I’ve wanted out for years, still do “ne regret rien “
Old Harve just keeps on convincing us all what a lying gullible toss pot he is.

One thing that really gets me about brexit is the way older people inflicted this total disaster on the young. Particularly sad is the way brexit wiped out many life and career enhancing opportunities for young people. Way more difficult, if not practically impossible, now for young people to study and work in EU countries. Instead, like the rest of us, they're now limited to this cold, wet, grey, miserable, insignificant little outpost off the NW of Europe.

However, I am fairly confident, like Scotland with their Indy Ref 2, we will also get another chance to put this right in a few years time when Bozo and his gang of idiots are history and been replaced with a proper responsible government. As the Scots will soon demonstrate, referendums on major constitutional issues are no longer once in a lifetime. 2016 was a long time ago and Britain is a lot different now, with millions of young people who couldn't vote then able to vote now.

We will be back in the EU

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Jun - 10:07

With the complete hatred you appear to have with the UK have you thought about emigrating, my daughter had the nouse to leave the UK years ago while we were still in the corrupt club, worked in Hong Kong and Australia now settled in California loves it there, give it a go
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Jun - 13:26

It does crack me up that the people absolutely enraged by our divorce from the EU, where we have been members for only a few decades are fully supportive of the breakup of the UK which has been unified (sort of) for hundreds of years. Double standards of the highest order.
I've got a Greek mate who is a solid Remainer and is also banging the race drum, endlessly bringing up slavery and wind rush yet in the next breath he is banging on about what a great country Germany is, he seems to have forgotten about the holocaust and their very real leanings towards the right even nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Jun - 16:08

Freathy wrote:
However, I am fairly confident, like Scotland with their Indy Ref 2, we will also get another chance to put this right in a few years time when Bozo and his gang of idiots are history and been replaced with a proper responsible government.  As the Scots will soon demonstrate, referendums on major constitutional issues are no longer once in a lifetime. 2016 was a long time ago and Britain is a lot different now, with millions of young people who couldn't vote then able to vote now.

You’ve conveniently forgotten the 2nd referendum (or was it the 3rd) that we had in December 2019.
I don’t hear any clamouring from young people to be back in the EU.
They’ve seen enough of the EU’s behaviour since 2016 & particularly during the past 18 months to realise it really wasn’t all it was cracked up to be.
Italy, Ireland & Greece will follow us out before long if they can manage to escape the shackles of the “Covid recovery fund”
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Jun - 17:29

Earwegoagain wrote:
It does crack me up that the people absolutely enraged by our divorce from the EU, where we have been members for only a few decades are fully supportive of the breakup of the UK which has been unified (sort of) for hundreds of years. Double standards of the highest order.
I've got a Greek mate who is a solid Remainer and is also banging the race drum, endlessly bringing up slavery and wind rush yet in the next breath he is banging on about what a great country Germany is, he seems to have forgotten about the holocaust and their very real leanings towards the right even nowadays.

I wonder if your Greek mate realises that Greece is the only country that hasn’t received any compensation for Germany’s invasion during WW2.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jun - 5:05

Ohh dear another Brucie Bonus for the likes of Mouldy to deflect on
Where one network goes the rest follows.....

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jun - 9:43

Just about sums it up neatly....

"In this shitsunami of power-snorting corruption, dishonesty, rule-breaking and incompetence, does anyone really think there’ll ever be *any* levelling up or social care plan or Brexit success?
They’re not governing, they’re just rolling about in the filth, shouting slogans at us"
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jun - 10:19

everywhere I look I see adverts asking for staff, a bad thing we are told by the bosses but the fact is now that all the Eastern Europeans have gone home to work no longer can bosses make UK citizens work for less than it costs to live and levelling up will happen or the bosses will have to man the beer pumps, drive the lorries and taxis themselves.
All you remainers are the ones that have been conned, its got fook all to do with you and its all about the people with the money that don't care about any of us. I know you probably don't care if families have to work a full week and still cant afford to pay the bills but you should do.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jun - 11:55

Spot on Mr. Earwig.
Remainers were/are in the middle class or elite who benefited in some way from this borderline slave labour masquerading as freedom of movement.
Maybe as employers or having an Eastern European nanny or cleaner.
It’s long skewed our economy & kept wage rates on the floor for all the UK working class while all the time inflation is nibbling away at incomes.
Don’t forget we’re all subsidising this through taxes which go to the poor as tax credits or other benefits.
What I can’t understand is people like Harve who get jack-shit from the EU but still bang their drum continually.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySun 27 Jun - 12:47

And let's not forget that every woe layed at the door of Brexit is in reality down to Covid.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jun - 7:59

Poignant indeed....

Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jun - 10:26

Lord Melbury wrote:
Spot on Mr. Earwig.
Remainers were/are in the middle class or elite who benefited in some way from this borderline slave labour masquerading as freedom of movement.
It’s long skewed our economy & kept wage rates on the floor for all the UK working class while all the time inflation is nibbling away at incomes.
Don’t forget we’re all subsidising this through taxes which go to the poor as tax credits or other benefits.
What I can’t understand is people like Harve who get jack-shit from the EU but still bang their drum continually.

I was so on the fence about remaining or leaving I had splinters up me arse but ultimately it came down to this.... fair wages. Back in 2005 there was a cull, read forced or incentivised early retirement, of all the old dockers on their old-timey contracts with rights and stuff.

Now 16 years on the highest paid of the port operators, to give them their fancy new titles, are still not quite making what the old boys did. Now we may be being taxed slightly less but nothing else has done anything except rise. And that is down to wages being allowed to remain static or even fall to get in line with the poorer EU countries. And it only hits those at the bottom - I'm not seeing professional class salaries stagnate, or fall in relative terms.

What is the ideal ratio of highest to lowest paid in a company supposed to be 20:1. Don't make me laugh, the only reason that holds true is because all the lowest paid jobs are contracted out to shitty outsourcing firms.

What does that make me a Lexiter - I'm all for internationalism and really detest petty nationalism but I wanted the EU to pull those countries up, not be a vehicle to make us sink.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jun - 10:35

Greenlander wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
Spot on Mr. Earwig.

I was so on the fence about remaining or leaving I had splinters up me arse but ultimately it came down to this.... fair wages. Back in 2005 there was a cull, read forced or incentivised early retirement, of all the old dockers on their old-timey contracts with rights and stuff.

Now 16 years on the highest paid of the port operators, to give them their fancy new titles, are still not quite making what the old boys did. Now we may be being taxed slightly less but nothing else has done anything except rise. And that is down to wages being allowed to remain static or even fall to get in line with the poorer EU countries. And it only hits those at the bottom - I'm not seeing professional class salaries stagnate, or fall in relative terms.

What is the ideal ratio of highest to lowest paid in a company supposed to be 20:1. Don't make me laugh, the only reason that holds true is because all the lowest paid jobs are contracted out to shitty outsourcing firms.

What does that make me a Lexiter - I'm all for internationalism and really detest petty nationalism but I wanted the EU to pull those countries up, not be a vehicle to make us sink.    

Spot on and also the Germans have wages roughly double what we have and the Mediteranean countries earn less than we do, there is no parity or equality in the EU there never has been.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jun - 15:31

Most British Seamen have been replaced by cheaper imports too, that ha been happening for years, but cheap, white East europeans are killing us.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptyThu 1 Jul - 5:20

Shock horror but I'm actually going to *marginally* defend the Government over the EU nationals obtaining settled status

Now of course the brazen liar 5 years ago had stated no problem you're all welcome "no sweat" but the Government having decided that they all need to submit an application has given them extensive time to get the application in. 5.6 million already had applied.

Even my former wife (not the brightest)  had asked me if this applied to her but I explained no as she had indefinate leave to remain and wasn't even from the EU... Point being she was aware of it in the first place

I thought Johnsons responses to Ian Blackford at PMQs were indeed reasonable yesterday
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptyThu 1 Jul - 11:43

I personally think that the government should get in touch with those they know or put out a statement saying that they will extend the deadline until the end of the year ( not ideal but it will hopefully get some good will with the eu over NI problems) and that nothing will change with their status to live in the UK.

But come the new year the government then has to say that anyone who has not applied for the right to live here lose all benefits and will be deported to their own country because there will be no excuse if they haven’t sorted it by then.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jul - 5:02

Am sure everyone saw this on the main news yesterday but just in case....
What an absolute juvenile buffoon he is and unsurprisingly even the BBC slaughtered him reminding us it was the deal he negotiated and signed

National embarrassment every single day

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jul - 12:49

With you being the ATD embarrassment.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jul - 12:49

What's ridiculous is the failure of people to accept Brexit, Johnson is the only one that's ever stood up to the EU bully boys long may it continue.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jul - 12:55

There was a report yesterday that the eu is threatening Switzerland with turning off electricity and stopping co operation with tariffs and green energy tariffs if they don’t sign up to their terms from the talks the Swiss walked away from the other week.

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 EmptySat 3 Jul - 13:03

Hugh Midde wrote:
Was it less than a fortnight ago when The Swiss jumped to their feet and left the room when confronted by the terms laid down by the EU which, according to Brussels, were "Better than those offered to the UK". It seems that little ol' Brussels isn't against a "little bit tinkering" themselves which really got Swiss backs up and nostrils flaring. Later when the Swiss made further suggestions they were accused of "cherrypicking". Where have we heard that before?

Even though a fully independant sovereign state, Switzerland was expected to fall in line with EU's "dynamic allignment" which means fully excepting the jurisdiction and dominance of the European Court of Justice. In heaven's name, what sort of politician from an independant country would even consider, nay, risk such a sell-out to a coterie of rule-changing third rate martinets. FFS read the link from top to bottom.

Things have moved on since that fateful day when the sovereign state of Switzerland decided against embracing EU's "dynamic allignment" and excepting the supremacy of the European Courst of Justice. They simply preferred to carry on in their splendid isolation - or so they hoped.

So what has happened, have both parties decided to rub along as before or has Brussels come up with something new? The reality is it's more nasty EU threats to toe the Brussels line or else. Remember how the French threatened Jersey with electricity cut-off if they didn't get fishing rights? Well, once again the obergruppenfuhrers' / commissars' are resorting to the selfsame intimidation. Who the feck would want to throw their lot in with that bunch of control freaks!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.   EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU warns it will not accept pig in a poke Brexit.
Page 6 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 35  Next