Freathy
Grovehill
Chemical Ali
katman
Mock Cuncher
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage

Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 12:54 pm

If we lose to Shrewsbury, Pasoti and that thread will explode
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:04 pm

monti wrote:

Don't you mean 'When'?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
monti wrote:

Don't you mean 'When'?

ever the optomist, chemical!
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:52 pm

I'm just glad I'm going to the match after being in the pub for a few hours. I can have a sleep when the shitfest begins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Yes i think i will have a 'few' beers before tomorrows game, i dont think it's going to be a pretty watch.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Just posted this on the pasoti thread:

Dear Mr Brent

It's fair to say all fans were happy when the club was eventually bought and it gave, to a point, some optimism for this coming season, only so far as to expect that we wouldn't struggle as badly as we had done the previous 2 seasons. Clearly, that optimism has been unfounded.

I wonder, as a self confessed non-football fan, are you aware of the consequences of this club falling out of the football league? If so, do you, or the board, plan to take any action to give this club the best possible chance of remaining in League 2?

Could you also comment on the perception of a number of supporters that your purchase of the football club was capitalising on a property development opportunity rather than saving a football club?

Thanks
Garry

No great issues there but wanted to keep it somewhere in case it gets modified or ...ahem...lost.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:45 pm

There are 82 post on this thread that are all pretty much suggesting that the Q&A with Brent is a scam, compared to 81 on the actual Q&A thread on Pasoti.

That says a lot about what people are thinking!

It seems more and more that there's plenty to hide!
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm

The Q & A with Brent will be a total farce - just like the one with Synan was.

It will be filled with trite, hackneyed responses that will reveal nothing and appease nobody.

The last thing that should ever have happened was for Brent to be given the questions ahead of time so he could prepare answers. It would be much, much better if a handful of nominated fans met with Brent face to face - to make sure they stare into the whites of his eyes like 'real' fans do - and that they be given the chance to ask questions with the opportunity of asking follow up questions depending on Brents answers.

The whole thing should be done live on Argyle World as a ppv event for a quid. But that will never happen so a simple transcript would have to suffice.

If Brent isn't careful, this whole charade could backfire on him just like it did for Synan.

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Evening all, been offline all day cutting lawns and triminig old ladies bushes. lol!
Just noticed my post has been edited what a surprise.
As frank says whats the point of Q & A if the mods keep editing questions.

"Advertising Removed By site admin" was three little words ATD. So if ATD is advertising then why not remove fans trust forum aswell??

Listed below is the question I was asked to post by someone on ATD before it was edited

Mr. Brent,

If you are so keen on transparency, clarity, and fan interaction why don't you join the message boards of Pasoti or ATD or the fans trust forum (when it goes live). You could post as James Brent, answer peoples questions and clarify and correct wrongful assumptions that are posted by fans?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:48 pm

And I'm sure I've seen some ass-licking tw@ on Pasoti who's signature is the Akkeron and Saltrock websites!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Rickler wrote:

It will be filled with trite, hackneyed responses that will reveal nothing and appease nobody.

The last thing that should ever have happened was for Brent to be given the questions ahead of time so he could prepare answers. It would be much, much better if a handful of nominated fans met with Brent face to face - to make sure they stare into the whites of his eyes like 'real' fans do - and that they be given the chance to ask questions with the opportunity of asking follow up questions depending on Brents answers.

The whole thing should be done live on Argyle World as a ppv event for a quid. But that will never happen so a simple transcript would have to suffice.

If Brent isn't careful, this whole charade could backfire on him just like it did for Synan.

Of course it's a farce. Anyway it doesn't matter because we wouldn't be rock bottom of the league if brent was actually worth engaging with. As it is I couldn't care less what brent has to say. And I'm sure he couldn't care less what we have to say. The next squeak I want to hear out of brent is that he's put the club up for sale and the he's f***ing off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Its what happens on the pitch tomorrow afternoon between 3-00pm and 5-00pm that counts for me, I couldn't give a monkey's tit what James Brent's views are.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Rickler wrote:

Just a slight correction (if I recall correctly that is). Keith Todd and Tony Campbell done the previous totally pointless Q & A sessions on PASOTI.

The Synan farce was in the Brit when the 'bay window beys' got suckered by the whites of his eyes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I would like to ask Mr Brent where he sees the standard of his hotels, using the football leagues pyramid as an analogy? And does he think that he is investing enough in Argyle to match his Hotel group standards? The way I see it is:

If the Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai is for instance the Premier League, then Akkeron Hotels are probably Championship standard, with Travelodges and Premier Inn's League One Hotels. We are currently residing in Fawlty Towers, with a shared bathroom and the odd chipped cup and plate on the breakfast table, seeing as we are at the bottom end of the Bed and Breakfast League.

I'm not sure if James Brent understands that another relelgation isn't just another league down, but it is a drop out of the entire Football League and into a non-professional League.

This would be the Hotel equivalent of Rigsby's gaff from Rising Damp.

As this is the case, why employ Basil Fawlty, with Manuel as his assistant to run your Hotel currently? Why did you not see fit to get in a proven manager who could turn your grubby B+B into somewhere guests would enjoy staying? Why did you not contact Alex Polizzi to sort out the mess and turn it's fortunes around before letting it fall into further disrepair, and let it's reputation sink to such a low that customers are understandably angry that where they used to enjoy staying, has now become a doss house?

This drop in standards may mean that many former loyal guests have decided not to use your B+B anymore, and it will take some massive improvements and investment to get these guests back, rather than just a lick of paint and new towels. If your Hotel does lose it's final star and does become Rigsby's gaff, only one unrated Hotel per year is awarded the star back, so it isn't exactly easy to start the road back to being a 3 star Hotel again.

The Hotel needs a massive overhaul from top to bottom, so getting Alex Polizzi in maybe expensive at first, but will reap rewards in the long run. You maybe saving money at the moment listening to the chambermaids and dish-washers who keep telling you it isn't that bad and the Hotel is only a porter or two short of being a decent Hotel, but this isn't true Mr Brent. If you don't stop listening to the hired help and get rid of Fawlty, it will soon be Goodnight Vienna.

Thankyou for listening
The Hotel Inspector

Just for you Andy. Took me ages trawling through all my posts, but then realised it would be quicker to google a few relevant words like Fawlty Towers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Cheers Jock. I've been looking too. You've just saved me from a very frustrating evening.

Are you ok with me tidying it up a bit for inclusion in the 'zine?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Absolutely. Amazingly it still seems relevant today Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4