Freathy
Grovehill
Chemical Ali
katman
Mock Cuncher
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:27 pm

Freathy wrote:
No awkward questions at all will be allowed through. Only completely inoccuos or arse licking 'questions' will survive the filtering process to be put to brent. Brent must be kept under the impression the fans are esctatic that he and his f***ing useless 'manager' are leading us to non-league oblivion and ultimate extinction.

I dont like agreeing with you, but again what you're saying is correct.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:35 pm

I will ask a question if anyone wants just pm me. The more probing the better.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 10:44 pm

If I was a PASOTI member, which I'm not, and if I thought this exercise was anything but pointless given the way it's being managed, which I don't, some of the questions I might ask Mr Brent and his board are:

What percentage of revenue from season ticket sales remained in club coffers when you took over the club, if any?

Why has the creation of the GAS board dragged on for two months with little if any progress in its formation? Was the proposal of the GAS board in fact intended to divert attention away from the formation (finally) of democratically elected Trust board?

At what stage are the proposals regarding the Trust being offered a 20% share of the club?

When does the current contract to supply match-day refreshments inside Home Park end? Will you be looking to bring all catering in-house (ie run by the club) or will you offer the contract out to tender? If inviting bidding for the contract, will you be looking to a company in the Plymouth area?

What's your favourite Nintendo game?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:28 pm

What was Rupert Grint like to work with?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:41 pm

Well, I can answer one of those.

The Trust had an initial brief informal meeting about the 20% offer when Woz met James Brent last week, and we're hoping to follow that up with a more formal meeting in the next week or two. After that meeting we should have enough information to let the Trust members know the general nature of the offer. The Trust has put quite a few questions to Brent regarding the club's financial situation and, for example, its position in the Akkeron group, the answers to which we hope will help inform the membership, since they'll be making the final decision. And of course we're speaking to SD (who have a legal advice service) and other Trusts who have a shareholding in their club.

I have heard that Saturday's GAS Board discussion has again been postponed, but haven't had official confirmation of that. Given we've not seen Prof Wheeler's notes from the first meeting, or any invites or venue details as yet, that's perhaps not surprising.

As for questions from ATD, I see no reason why Andy can't do the same as PL2.

Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:45 pm

If I was being cynical.............

This subject ties in nicely with another thread where the differences between PASOTI and ATD have been discussed at length in a way. My guess is that as the decenting voices have grown on PASOTI, the power of the leadership has deminished. To re-establish that this is a ploy by the heirachy to be able to say to the masses "look what we can deliver". Our boy James would see this as good PR in that he won't have to answer awkward questions as those will bever be delivered to him or will be ignored but he can demonstrate his "man of the people" credentials by even doing it in the first place. It would never be opened up to ATD because this is where all the flotsom has washed up after being thrown off the PASOTI ship previously and they know the questions would be awkward.

This once again calls into question the roll of the President and if it is being conducted properly. I have said several times previously that in that honorary roll having come from the ranks and representing the ranks, he should be a President for all of the support base and not just a part of it. He should invite the same from all factions and show no favouratism to his pets. If he cannot do this then he should get off the bus and let somebody else do the job who can. Using his "day job" as an example, what would he say if the Management gave favour to a few of the workforce and ignored the rights of the rest. He would not stand for it and would call for resignations probably and rightly so. Mr Webb, there is no difference here.

I can see this turning out to be like Prime Minister's question time but with all the questions coming from the Tory side of the house. You know the ones. Pointless and self congratulatory.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Sensiblegreeny wrote:
I can see this turning out to be like Prime Minister's question time but with all the questions coming from the Tory side of the house. You know the ones. Pointless and self congratulatory.
"Thanks loads for being my hero. Can we have a poll on what design of kit we have next year plz? It would be amazing to have a say. Thanks for reading this, you're amazing."
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 1:37 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

This subject ties in nicely with another thread where the differences between PASOTI and ATD have been discussed at length in a way. My guess is that as the decenting voices have grown on PASOTI, the power of the leadership has deminished. To re-establish that this is a ploy by the heirachy to be able to say to the masses "look what we can deliver". Our boy James would see this as good PR in that he won't have to answer awkward questions as those will bever be delivered to him or will be ignored but he can demonstrate his "man of the people" credentials by even doing it in the first place. It would never be opened up to ATD because this is where all the flotsom has washed up after being thrown off the PASOTI ship previously and they know the questions would be awkward.

This once again calls into question the roll of the President and if it is being conducted properly. I have said several times previously that in that honorary roll having come from the ranks and representing the ranks, he should be a President for all of the support base and not just a part of it. He should invite the same from all factions and show no favouratism to his pets. If he cannot do this then he should get off the bus and let somebody else do the job who can. Using his "day job" as an example, what would he say if the Management gave favour to a few of the workforce and ignored the rights of the rest. He would not stand for it and would call for resignations probably and rightly so. Mr Webb, there is no difference here.

I am glad that you wrote that, because if it had come from several others on this site (myself included) we would have been accused of having an 'agenda' or just plain downright sniping!

But you... You're not scum, vile or weird.

Are you?

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:19 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:
"Thanks loads for being my hero. Can we have a poll on what design of kit we have next year plz? It would be amazing to have a say. Thanks for reading this, you're amazing."

"Dear St James the Saviour, can we please have your kind permission to put a big statue of you outside Home Park? We have buckets at the ready for a collection. Ridsdale left before we could get permission for his statue. Then please can we have one of fletcher and his mentor? Thankyou for your precious time. We are not worthy."

Last edited by Freathy on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:23 am

Rickler wrote:
Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I am glad that you wrote that, because if it had come from several others on this site (myself included) we would have been accused of having an 'agenda' or just plain downright sniping!

But you... You're not scum, vile or weird.

Are you?

He can't bleddy spell though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:24 am

I would like to ask Mr Brent where he sees the standard of his hotels, using the football leagues pyramid as an analogy? And does he think that he is investing enough in Argyle to match his Hotel group standards? The way I see it is:

If the Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai is for instance the Premier League, then Akkeron Hotels are probably Championship standard, with Travelodges and Premier Inn's League One Hotels. We are currently residing in Fawlty Towers, with a shared bathroom and the odd chipped cup and plate on the breakfast table, seeing as we are at the bottom end of the Bed and Breakfast League.

I'm not sure if James Brent understands that another relelgation isn't just another league down, but it is a drop out of the entire Football League and into a non-professional League.

This would be the Hotel equivalent of Rigsby's gaff from Rising Damp.

As this is the case, why employ Basil Fawlty, with Manuel as his assistant to run your Hotel currently? Why did you not see fit to get in a proven manager who could turn your grubby B+B into somewhere guests would enjoy staying? Why did you not contact Alex Polizzi to sort out the mess and turn it's fortunes around before letting it fall into further disrepair, and let it's reputation sink to such a low that customers are understandably angry that where they used to enjoy staying, has now become a doss house?

This drop in standards may mean that many former loyal guests have decided not to use your B+B anymore, and it will take some massive improvements and investment to get these guests back, rather than just a lick of paint and new towels. If your Hotel does lose it's final star and does become Rigsby's gaff, only one unrated Hotel per year is awarded the star back, so it isn't exactly easy to start the road back to being a 3 star Hotel again.

The Hotel needs a massive overhaul from top to bottom, so getting Alex Polizzi in maybe expensive at first, but will reap rewards in the long run. You maybe saving money at the moment listening to the chambermaids and dish-washers who keep telling you it isn't that bad and the Hotel is only a porter or two short of being a decent Hotel, but this isn't true Mr Brent. If you don't stop listening to the hired help and get rid of Fawlty, it will soon be Goodnight Vienna.

Thankyou for listening
The Hotel Inspector

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 9:02 am

Sensiblegreeny wrote:

I am starting to wonder what you did in the war? Laughing SG's becoming one of us, welcome to the dark side. cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:01 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I would like to ask Mr Brent where he sees the standard of his hotels, using the football leagues pyramid as an analogy? And does he think that he is investing enough in Argyle to match his Hotel group standards? The way I see it is:

If the Burj Al Arab Hotel in Dubai is for instance the Premier League, then Akkeron Hotels are probably Championship standard, with Travelodges and Premier Inn's League One Hotels. We are currently residing in Fawlty Towers, with a shared bathroom and the odd chipped cup and plate on the breakfast table, seeing as we are at the bottom end of the Bed and Breakfast League.

I'm not sure if James Brent understands that another relelgation isn't just another league down, but it is a drop out of the entire Football League and into a non-professional League.

This would be the Hotel equivalent of Rigsby's gaff from Rising Damp.

As this is the case, why employ Basil Fawlty, with Manuel as his assistant to run your Hotel currently? Why did you not see fit to get in a proven manager who could turn your grubby B+B into somewhere guests would enjoy staying? Why did you not contact Alex Polizzi to sort out the mess and turn it's fortunes around before letting it fall into further disrepair, and let it's reputation sink to such a low that customers are understandably angry that where they used to enjoy staying, has now become a doss house?

This drop in standards may mean that many former loyal guests have decided not to use your B+B anymore, and it will take some massive improvements and investment to get these guests back, rather than just a lick of paint and new towels. If your Hotel does lose it's final star and does become Rigsby's gaff, only one unrated Hotel per year is awarded the star back, so it isn't exactly easy to start the road back to being a 3 star Hotel again.

The Hotel needs a massive overhaul from top to bottom, so getting Alex Polizzi in maybe expensive at first, but will reap rewards in the long run. You maybe saving money at the moment listening to the chambermaids and dish-washers who keep telling you it isn't that bad and the Hotel is only a porter or two short of being a decent Hotel, but this isn't true Mr Brent. If you don't stop listening to the hired help and get rid of Fawlty, it will soon be Goodnight Vienna.

Thankyou for listening
The Hotel Inspector

Winner of the inaugural Peggy's Perfect Post award sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Jock, That was brilliant.

Do you want me to copy/paste to PASOTI Q&A on your behalf!!

(Appear to have lost the ability to "do" emoticons).

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:14 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Jock, That was brilliant.

Do you want me to copy/paste to PASOTI Q&A on your behalf!!

(Appear to have lost the ability to "do" emoticons).

Merv Plummer

You could try Merv, and put your name to it. Don't think it will last long though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Agreed - superb stuff Jock.

I do think it deserves a <cough> wider audience. How long it woul be allowed to remain on pasoti is anybody's guess, but if Jock agrees to it being posted over there, it really should go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:13 pm

Sensible wrote:

Our boy James would see this as good PR in that he won't have to answer awkward questions as those will bever be delivered to him or will be ignored

Well it is in the public domain so awkward questions are there and if not answered people will ask why. Smile

As for posting Jock's item: I'll give it a go. Do you think I'll be banned??? silent lol!

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Easy now. lol!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:21 pm

Shirley there is only one question.

"How much of your own cash are you going to put into the Club" ?

He hasn't spent a penny so far and my guess is he doesn't intend to. I would hate for anybody to take this as implying criticism, he saw a gift horse and didn't look it in the mouth, imagine being able to buy a mahoooosive football club like PAFC for no money while putting yourself into pole position to make big bucks from a development deal. If i'd a hat I would definitely take it off to the man, but I should certainly want to debunk the legend.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:33 pm

pafcineurope wrote:
Sensible wrote:

Our boy James would see this as good PR in that he won't have to answer awkward questions as those will bever be delivered to him or will be ignored

Well it is in the public domain so awkward questions are there and if not answered people will ask why. Smile

As for posting Jock's item: I'll give it a go. Do you think I'll be banned??? silent lol!

Merv Plummer

Do you want to be banned... I can post it for you if you wish... Sort of thing I would put up on 606 or exeweb lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:53 pm

Tim Chown wrote:
Well, I can answer one of those.

The Trust had an initial brief informal meeting about the 20% offer when Woz met James Brent last week, and we're hoping to follow that up with a more formal meeting in the next week or two. After that meeting we should have enough information to let the Trust members know the general nature of the offer. The Trust has put quite a few questions to Brent regarding the club's financial situation and, for example, its position in the Akkeron group, the answers to which we hope will help inform the membership, since they'll be making the final decision. And of course we're speaking to SD (who have a legal advice service) and other Trusts who have a shareholding in their club.

Thanks for that, Tim. It wasn't intended as a dig at any lack of communication from the Trust board, btw. I'm sure we'll be the first to know when there's something worth knowing. It was more that we've got two lofty ideas that have come from Brent and board, both of which seem to have stalled. Anyone would think they're waiting to see where we are next season before putting anything into place...

On the point of my own question about season ticket money, think I'll do a bit of digging when I get time because I've a hunch there should have been quite a bit left come the takeover (if the talk of it being ringfenced and released on a game-by-game basis by the administrator was actually stuck to).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:12 pm

I think the 20% is progressing as fast as we can expect. The deadline of end of September is still a good way off, but we want to keep this moving regardless. You're right though we should push out updates more regularly. We'll do better on that.

We're pushing for a face to face as soon as possible, after which we hope to be able to release some details. It would be premature to do so from a single informal meeting.

We have already put forward some quite specific financial questions. Obviously the valuation that Brent puts on the club will be a critical factor. But we also need to understand exactly what the Trust would be buying into... both the benefits and the liabilities of doing so.

I must admit I don't understand why the GAS Board talks have dried up. I assume the OS post that Chris has promised will explain it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Sandford,

I am not actively seeking a banning order!! If you can do it without reaction then go ahead.
(Edit: Guess we'd like to know when it is done so we can count the seconds to removal!!)

I have some pertinent (financial) questions to put so would like to see them stay on the site, and then be able to complain afterwards if they are ignored. You can't complain from the outside.

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:38 pm

pork_free, with his first pasoti post, has posted Jock's analogy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Greenjock's post has been put on Pasoti, by somebody posting as "Pork_Free" lol!

Also the same poster has asked why people are being IP banned! Edit: that post has now been removed...funny that! lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti   Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Q & A with James Brent and the Directors of PAFC - Copied from Pasoti
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next