Elias
Tringreen
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 10:44 pm

Fair play to them, Torquay have fulfilled and even exceeded their potential at times.

Argyle certainly haven't.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
merse

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:38 am

The point I'm trying to put over is that "Big" doesn't equate to better.

That big is only relevant against which it is judged.

That crowds of 6k DO NOT equate to big.

Even being "Big" does not help being inadequate on the playing field.............and potential is just that ~ potential; and potential slips even further into the distance and realms of possibility the further down you slide.

You need to be pressuring your owner and his sycophants that what you have on the field on a Saturday afternoon (or Tuesday night for that matter) is not acceptable. That what passes as a manager at your club is not acceptable given the club's current plight; and that if it is judged as being such by the powers that be then you are in extreme danger of sliding further into obscurity.

I don't care who you judge as your rivals and who as your fondly regarded harmless little neighbour. The FACT is that both Exeter City and Torquay United are now properly run and realistically managed organsisations...............are Plymouth Argyle?

I'll leave you to work that out for yourselves.
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:09 am

merse wrote:

Even being "Big" does not help being inadequate on the playing field.............and potential is just that ~ potential; and potential slips even further into the distance and realms of possibility the further down you slide.

You need to be pressuring your owner and his sycophants that what you have on the field on a Saturday afternoon (or Tuesday night for that matter) is not acceptable. That what passes as a manager at your club is not acceptable given the club's current plight; and that if it is judged as being such by the powers that be then you are in extreme danger of sliding further into obscurity.

I don't care who you judge as your rivals and who as your fondly regarded harmless little neighbour. The FACT is that both Exeter City and Torquay United are now properly run and realistically managed organsisations...............are Plymouth Argyle?

Believe it or not, there are Argyle fans on here who agree with you. Perhaps it is to Pasoti that you should be directing this?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:10 am

argylepaul wrote:
merse wrote:

Believe it or not, there are Argyle fans on here who agree with you. Perhaps it is to Pasoti that you should be directing this?

He's probably banned Laughing
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 2:54 pm

argylepaul wrote:
merse wrote:

Tringreen is right I AM banned from PASOTI ~ from posting anything that doesn't toe the IJN line and not having it either deleted or moved.

I don't play those games ~ THEY are the really deluded ones ~ there is a sense of reality on here save for a few who really seem that to be big is the cure all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:03 pm

Merse, are you free on Saturdays and the odd Tuesday?

Could you come and manage our little club please?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
argylepaul

argylepaul

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 3:20 pm

The penny has just dropped. Is this 'Merse', actually Paul Merson of Arsenal, Middlesbrough and drink bottle fame?
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 pm

argylepaul wrote:
The penny has just dropped. Is this 'Merse', actually Paul Merson of Arsenal, Middlesbrough and drink bottle fame?

Same family ~ different generation.............Paul's grandfather was my father's cousin.

He has absolutely no connection with the Westcountry (being a Greenford lad) whilst my great, great grandfather found himself down there having progressively moved West from Iver in Bucks building Brunel's Great Western Railway.

I guess the thought of ending up in Plymouth and his offspring becoming Argyle fans persuaded him to jump off at Newton Abbot and have them support Torquay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:43 pm

You should constantly speak in pigeon English and attempt rhyming slang as well.

"He's hit the beans on toast"

I'd certainly respect you more.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
merse

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
You should constantly speak in pigeon English and attempt rhyming slang as well

You're 'avin' a giraffe mate! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:42 am

argylepaul wrote:
we could have the largest ground the BSP has ever seen.

If you plastics had any knowledge outside of your ever decreasing comfort zone you would know that Darlo's ground is far bigger than yours.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:49 am

I'd rather be a plastic than a plank.
Back to top Go down
merse

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 7:23 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:

If you plastics had any knowledge outside of your ever decreasing comfort zone you would know that Darlo's ground is far bigger than yours.

..............and Lincoln's is finished! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:39 pm

merse wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

By the time Brent finishes carving them up, Forest Green will have a bigger ground affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:41 pm

merse wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:

And so is Darlo.

Or have they been saved at last?

What's with the bold Merse? We aren't going to take any more notice of you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plans for a new stadium.   Plans for a new stadium. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plans for a new stadium.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3