The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ryan - Prepare to Succeed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Ryan - Prepare to Succeed Empty
PostSubject: Ryan - Prepare to Succeed   Ryan - Prepare to Succeed EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 7:21 pm

FOLLOWING Argyle’s hard-fought 1-0 win over Newport County at Home Park, boss Ryan Lowe was full of praise for the way his side battled against strong opposition and reaped the rewards from all of their hard work.

“We knew it wasn’t going to be a footballing game, hence why we had three days of preparation and worked on it. Car crash football if you like,” said Ryan.

“The style Newport adopt is good for them, they do try and play also – I’m not taking that away from them. We knew that balls were coming into the box, whether it was long throws or goal kicks, free kicks, corners – whatever. Wherever it was coming from, balls were coming into our box.

“Our lads had been well drilled all week for what was to come and I can’t praise them enough. They were brilliant in every department, so fair play.”

Everyone knows the need for versatility in a football squad is paramount and Ryan Lowe knows has just that at his disposal with his Argyle squad this season.

“Any player that we have in the building, we know, can work with each other, any of them,” he said. “Young Adam Randell has slotted in on the right side, Conor [Grant] has come in on the left, Joe Edwards goes in at right-wing back. Big Tyreeq [Bakinson] has slotted in at centre-back previously.

“We know that these lads can fill in anywhere, partnerships develop, especially when you are scoring goals.“

Lowe was also keen to commend his forward line who enjoyed their fair share of the action, despite not everything coming off for them.

“They [Ryan Hardie and Luke Jephcott] had some good chances,” he said. “I’m not going to sit here and criticise them [Ryan Hardie and Luke Jephcott], as they have been excellent, but I knew that we were not going to get a lot of chances. However, they looked after the ball when we needed them too and got in behind when they needed to – they were excellent.

“Whoever goes up front must link up and communicate. I train the strikers myself on a daily basis, it doesn’t matter who plays – I know every single one of my strikers can put in a shift. [Ryan] Taylor did not have a strike parter for the last few minutes and he did a fantastic job for us. They are all as good as each other.”

Argyle media

Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ryan - Prepare to Succeed   Ryan - Prepare to Succeed EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Taylor better get cracking if he is going to bag the 20 goals RL said he could get. lol!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ryan - Prepare to Succeed   Ryan - Prepare to Succeed EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 9:15 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Taylor better get cracking if he is going to bag the 20 goals RL said he could get. lol!

I learnt pretty early on not to listen to a lot of what Lowe says. It’s all done with the right intentions, bigging players up etc. But yeah I prefer to just let his actions speak louder than his (many many) words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan - Prepare to Succeed   Ryan - Prepare to Succeed EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 10:21 pm

akagreengull wrote:

And so far Mayor hasn't proven hes better than carey and/or lamerias either.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Ryan - Prepare to Succeed   Ryan - Prepare to Succeed EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 1:07 am

Still wetting meself now old glass ankles 20 goals a season ..more like your be lucky to get 20minutes out of him for the whole season 😂
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Ryan - Prepare to Succeed   Ryan - Prepare to Succeed EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 1:13 am

"old glass ankles"

laugh
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ryan - Prepare to Succeed   Ryan - Prepare to Succeed EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 3:13 am

Angry wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

And so far Mayor hasn't proven hes better than carey and/or lamerias either.

Another example of Lowes mouth running away with him before he engaged his brain innit.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Ryan - Prepare to Succeed   Ryan - Prepare to Succeed EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 4:05 am

akagreengull wrote:
"old glass ankles"

laugh

The day after the transfer window closes, he becomes fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan - Prepare to Succeed   Ryan - Prepare to Succeed Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan - Prepare to Succeed
Page 1 of 1