Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?

Go down 
+4
RegGreen
zyph
Les Miserable
akagreengull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? Empty
PostSubject: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 7:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyone ?
Does it really matter?
geek
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 8:19 am

A lot depends on who remains at the club next season. If Bradley stays I’d like him to be skipper. If he goes I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new face get the armband.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 9:42 am

As above, Big Sonny.....if the 'budget' allows.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 9:51 am

With only 10 players signed up at the moment... deciding who will be captain is rather premature at the moment.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 10:09 am

Sawyer will probely get it as I expect him to resign
His done the London thing for 2yrs at Orient and tbh who’s gunna sign him at his age anyway only someone further down the football pyramid so I expect him to get the gig full time...unfortunately
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 10:31 am

RegGreen wrote:
Sawyer will probely get it as I expect him to resign
His done the London thing for 2yrs at Orient and tbh who’s gunna sign him at his age anyway only someone further down the football pyramid so I expect him to get the gig full time...unfortunately

Agree Reg, and Derek seems to like him a lot.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 11:20 am

Bradley, If he stays.

Why Sawyer is staying I don't understand, he was slow two years ago his legs have gone like Wotton at the end.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 12:48 pm

It’s a double edged sword with Sawyer. He’s a seasoned Pro and by all accounts a good role model for the younger lads. He’s had the armband, but he’s far from standout candidate to keep it in most peoples eyes. It’ll be a barometer of the quality of the squad if he starts the season as Captain and first choice left-back.

He’ll get roasted much the same as has happened this year far too often. Centre backs can get away with being stoppers. Full-backs/wing-backs need pace in the modern game, and Sawyer is now pedestrian at best.

Bradley or Edwards.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 12:56 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It’s a double edged sword with Sawyer. He’s a seasoned Pro and by all accounts a good role model for the younger lads. He’s had the armband, but he’s far from standout candidate to keep it in most peoples eyes. It’ll be a barometer of the quality of the squad if he starts the season as Captain and first choice left-back.

He’ll get roasted much the same as has happened this year far too often. Centre backs can get away with being stoppers. Full-backs/wing-backs need pace in the modern game, and Sawyer is now pedestrian at best.

Bradley or Edwards.

See this is why I'm not a manager if he's gonna stay why not make him vice captain and give the armband to an up and coming leader and he can lend support to the younger captain.

Said it for a while think that Sawyer has cost us a few games. Lost the Yeovil game cause they just kept running at him.
Back to top Go down
TJOA

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 1:26 pm

Jethro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Bradley or Edwards.

See this is why I'm not a manager if he's gonna stay why not make him vice captain and give the armband to an up and coming leader and he can lend support to the younger captain.

Said it for a while think that Sawyer has cost us a few games. Lost the Yeovil game cause they just kept running at him.

Pretty much what I'd do. Bradley / Edwards for me. I'd like to see a better LB and RB starting next year. Sawyer is fine for a sub, but we need a better starter.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 1:40 pm

TJOA wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Bradley or Edwards.

Pretty much what I'd do. Bradley / Edwards for me. I'd like to see a better LB and RB starting next year. Sawyer is fine for a sub, but we need a better starter.

Thats the thing can't help losing pace as you get older, but Sawyer as well as Miller seemed complacent that every week they would be in the XI.
Sawyer should be back up to a younger LB,
Tbh I'd of cut him lose if we didn't need a leader in the team that was,
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Old skool me id prefer it being a centre half (A Tony Adams type leader) or a midfield terrier type make the best kind of captains in my opinion
If Bradley does resign and it would be miricle on par with parting of the Red Sea..He would be my choice
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyThu May 24, 2018 11:20 am

Homeslice wrote:
A lot depends on who remains at the club next season. If Bradley stays I’d like him to be skipper. If he goes I wouldn’t be surprised to see a new face get the armband.

Bradley would be a good choice as captain if he stays.

If Bradley does leave, then what about Carey ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? EmptyThu May 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Re-sign Gary Miller!!! popcorn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?    Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who should succeed Luke McCormick as Plymouth Argyle's captain?
Page 1 of 1