Greenskin
Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Ryan Dickson is here Empty
PostSubject: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:57 am

Chris Errington @ChrisErrington1

Former Argyle left back Ryan Dickson taking part in training with #pafc today.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:08 pm

A better player than Bhaz.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:16 pm

Wouldn't be a bad singing that hope they pull it off. Bhasera has left his contract has expired which isnt a problem and if he feels he can get a better deal elsewhere then thats fine but do let the club know out of manners. The club shouldnt be holding out for him as no player is bigger than the club.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:17 pm

Now that would be a good signing,presuming he's fit and ship shape.Always thought the was unlucky to be released after his first spell at the club,had more about him than people like Luke Summerfield IMHO.If he is still at his peak [no reason why he shouldn't be,he's only 27] then there wouldn't be a lot to choose between him and Bhasera-this could be a very good move if he signs.Played a bit of cricket and football against his old man,Phil Dickson,very good local sportsman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Bhasera has treated the club like shit. I can understand him wanting the best contract he can get for himself but not letting the club know of his intentions shows a real lack of class.
Back to top Go down
Pony Ride

Pony Ride

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Am I right in thinking he was on trial with Yeovil last week?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:51 pm

IsThatHHP? wrote:
Bhasera has treated the club like shit. I can understand him wanting the best contract he can get for himself but not letting the club know of his intentions shows a real lack of class.  
If your job offered you a pay decrease, wouldn't you tell them to swivel?

I would.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:07 pm

Great replacement for Baz, I would be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 pm

Pony Ride wrote:
Am I right in thinking he was on trial with Yeovil last week?

I did read he was, I am going to ask his father if he as got some cheap tickets
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:17 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:

I would.

Wouldn't you at least tell them though? Baz has just fecked off and not been in touch with the club apparently. Besides he must have always known that he wasn't going to get anywhere near the same deal he was on previously seeing as we're in a much worse position than when he first signed. He is also lucky he wasn't on performance related pay to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:47 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:

I would.

Yes I agree.....but has he bothered to say anything....so unprofessional if he hasn't......Argyle treated him well....just common decency & respect.

No news of him being offered anything elsewhere as yet......if Sheridan moves for someone else he could be left without a club.
Back to top Go down
Han Solos Other Ship

Han Solos Other Ship

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 4:13 pm

They're saying on the farm Shez has withdrawn the offer to Baz. Cheerio then. I think Dickson will just be training, he's far too good for us at the mo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:08 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
IsThatHHP? wrote:

I would.

Thats big of you, i'd be more inclined to say thanks for your offer, i've enjoyed playing for this club but i've decided to take my services elsewhere.

We can't pay Championship wages to league two players and i stand by my comment that by not informing the club of his intentions he has shown a real lack of class.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:18 pm

Han Solos Other Ship wrote:
They're saying on the farm Shez has withdrawn the offer to Baz. Cheerio then. I think Dickson will just be training, he's far too good for us at the mo

Is he? After Southampton got promoted from league 1 he never got a look in. That would point to him being league 1 standard at best, which is the level of player Sturrock brought to the club to get us out of this cesspit last time.

Local bhey too, which will be a big factor.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:21 pm

He could be training as he's local and is on his holidays. Beckham trained with Arsenal. It happens.

As for accepting a pay cut - there's an awful lot of people who have during the current economic climate - other than MPs.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Someone has said on pasoti that he's marrying a Janner bird so maybe she wears the trousers and has told him she can't move north as she'd miss Drake Circus Mall, Jesters and Captain Jaspers too much.

Would be a great signing if we got him though and someone who can easily play at League 1 level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:31 pm

I agree about Baz being a cnut. Argyle have given him a bloody good wage for years now and he can't be fecked to even respond? He probably thinks he'll get better wages elsewhere but he might get a shock.

If Ryan Dicksons missus does wear the trousers I'd love to have him back and stranger things happen.

She might enjoy laurel and Hardys company and want to sit next to Jabba the Hut in the directors box. Anyone know if she's got a wonky eye?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 8:45 pm

It's on the bbc site that he is on trial along with Martin John, a Canadian left back who was at Cardiff - no mention of the Finnish player.

BBC LINK
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Chris Errington @ChrisErrington1

You can also see what JS has to say about trialists Ryan Dickson and Martin John, and transfer-listed Argyle striker Nick Chadwick. #pafc

I thought he is a Saltash boy
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:44 pm

hairy j wrote:
As for accepting a pay cut - there's an awful lot of people who have during the current economic climate - other than MPs.

But Baz probably doesn't "have to".

I doubt that Argyle were paying him that well to begin with - how could they?
And now they want him to take cut so they can use the money to hire someone else?

It's an insult. I wouldn't bother replying either.

The sooner Argyle wake up and realize that the club is not a feckin charity the better off PAFC will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:58 pm

I don't think he should be expected to take a pay cut and it is for everyone pretty much to get the best deal they can and I don't begrudge him that. He was probably on better money than most though even if it wasn't a huge wage. But, a bit of common decency costs nothing. It isn't an insult in football terms. If a player wants away whether they have signed a contract or not they will get away as we all know. It's only clubs that have to honour contracts even if players turn out to be sick notes or just plain crap. It's what happens in football and well he would know that. He has been at this club long enough to know they cannot afford to maintain the wage he was on and a polite "no thank you I'm looking elsewhere" would have gone a long way. This kind of exit sort of sullies his time here regretably.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:00 pm

Never cut off your nose to spite your face, I say.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:06 pm

He signed for us in the Championship. We are now League 2. He might not "have to" but it was offered - the least he could have done out of common decency was to reject it. He's been in as many relegation squads as Fletcher don't forget. I don't think he warrants a Championship salary and neither do the club. He's likely to have earnt close to £1m here if he was on a Championship wage. 52 weeks x 3 years = 156 weeks plus a signing on fee. Mariner signed him - he paid a £100k loan fee for Kenny Cooper so, at the time, money was flying all over the place.

If he doesn't want to be here - we move on though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:25 pm

He must surely not be expecting to be offered the same contract now as he was in the Championship? Plenty of clubs who get relegated now have players on stupid money for the league they're in, Zigic at Birmingham for example is supposed to be on £60k a week still because of the contract he signed. If Birmingham want to offer him another contract for next season it will be for around £10k-£15k a week I would guess.

Getting a much reduced contract is pretty commonplace these days so to me Bhasera is being a cnut if he's sulking about being offered a lower contract. I doubt many clubs really want him now and there won't be many who are going to pay him what we've offered him I wouldn't think.

Football is unlike any other career and I'm sure Bhasera knows the rules. I take it Newell won't be having a whip round to buy Bhasera a garden shed then?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:48 pm

Plucking figures out of the sky, but say for instance Baz was earning 3 grand a week from his previous contract, and Argyle have now offered him 900quid a week, that could be perceived by him as properly taking the piss and he's treated the 'offer' with the contempt he feels it deserves.

Or it could be he's an ignorant cnut.

I have a feeling the former may be closer to the truth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Dickson is here   Ryan Dickson is here Empty

Back to top Go down

Ryan Dickson is here
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next