The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:57 pm

Am I being over critical? It just made me wonder what his team talks are like? Can't imagine him laying into a senior pro like Wotton if needed, or being able to get his message across on tactics. Maybe he leaves it to someone with a better grasp of English, like Larrieu.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Me and the guys i go with were saying this the other day..

How he gets respect or tells people what to do is beyond me, Purse, Wotton, Chadders, Walton to an extent.. why would they listen to him?
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:49 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I know he's not going to give away any gameplan Razz , but if he isn't a great tactician then he must be the chest thumping all passion type?

Listen to it. Does this sound like someone the team will even listen to never mind respect or want to go out and give their all for? Sorry but I have never heard anything like this from a manager and I can't see how any player would be inspired by him on this evidence.

I have to agree uummmm Its not very inspiring uummmm make sure the kits are out uummmm 11 v 11 uummm

I wanted to hear "Were ready and up for this, every game is a cup final, the lads have been briefed about acrington, we know what to expect, although the change in manager might change things slightly, but we will quickly adapt to that, we want to keep this club up and im confident we can"

But what i got from that was "im out of my depth, i know i have to pick 11 players and they have to wear kit, im hoping the walk from the hotel isnt to long, if the new manager changes anything were screwed, bugger it were screwed anyway"

Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:52 pm

monti wrote:
Me and the guys i go with were saying this the other day..

How he gets respect or tells people what to do is beyond me, Purse, Wotton, Chadders, Walton to an extent.. why would they listen to him?

You dont get respect you earn respect.

On Wotton, i remember him being slow, but jesus, he's practically at walking pace now. I thought he did alright, but he was way to deep even for a defensive midfielder, at times he was only a yard in front of the defense.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:10 pm

125+1 wrote:
Greenjock wrote:
I know he's not going to give away any gameplan Razz , but if he isn't a great tactician then he must be the chest thumping all passion type?

Listen to it. Does this sound like someone the team will even listen to never mind respect or want to go out and give their all for? Sorry but I have never heard anything like this from a manager and I can't see how any player would be inspired by him on this evidence.

I have to agree uummmm Its not very inspiring uummmm make sure the kits are out uummmm 11 v 11 uummm

I wanted to hear "Were ready and up for this, every game is a cup final, the lads have been briefed about acrington, we know what to expect, although the change in manager might change things slightly, but we will quickly adapt to that, we want to keep this club up and im confident we can"

But what i got from that was "im out of my depth, i know i have to pick 11 players and they have to wear kit, im hoping the walk from the hotel isnt to long, if the new manager changes anything were screwed, bugger it were screwed anyway"

Let's hope it's only with the media he has a problem and with the players he's totally different.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:19 am

Greenjock wrote:

Let's hope it's only with the media he has a problem and with the players he's totally different.

Sadly, the evidence on the pitch and our league position suggests this isn't the case
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 8:33 am

Hopefully this will quell any thoughts of Colin riding into town to save us:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We're stuck with Fletch so lets see what he can do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:30 am

Greenjock wrote:
Hopefully this will quell any thoughts of Colin riding into town to save us:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

We're stuck with Fletch so lets see what he can do.

Sky Sports reporting that Warnock has been given the Leeds job.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 10:42 am

Don't you all realize that "Fletcher Speak" has reached the Oxford Concise Dictionary......please keep up everybody.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Obviously "We gotta the kit laid out proppa bruv innitt" one of Fletchs better interviews.Personally don't care if he continues to talk bollocks as long as we get results like this.Well done Fletch "bruv".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2