Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley

Go down 
+10
Czarcasm
Angry
Greenskin
Les Miserable
PlymptonPilgrim
Earwegoagain
RegGreen
VillageGreen
Freathy
akagreengull
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 8:48 am

Strangely I don't feel so confident of a win today against Stanley despite our form, they have won their last three games, just got this feeling based on we have to lose sometime.
Of course, I could be entirely wrong.
COYG cheers
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6890
Join date : 2011-05-12

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 10:54 am

This will be at least as tough as Sheffield Wednesday. Accrington Stanley are a very good side with 4 wins from 11, including 2 away wins. However, as good as Stanley are I think we'll just about do enough to force a narrow win despite being second best for much of the game.

1-0 Argo
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 11:05 am

Wow the world really has turned upside down, I'm predicting a possible defeat and Freathy is predicting an Argo win.
Hoping your prediction is the correct one Freathers come 5pm. geek
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 12:18 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Wow the world really has turned upside down, I'm predicting a possible defeat and Freathy is predicting an Argo win.
Hoping your prediction is the correct one Freathers come 5pm. geek



Unbelievable in it !!.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 12:19 pm

Hoping Argyle win and by 4-0 at that. Got to beat teams like Stanley, simples.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen




Posts : 5811
Join date : 2015-07-08

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 2:13 pm

What with the manager of the month curse hanging over us & Accy being a bit of a bogey team and we’re still got enough see off and with home advantage as well 3-1 Argo
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 2:19 pm

I'm going for three nil but have Gullers sense of foreboding as well. Anyway as long as we don't sell Cooper before the game we should be ok shorely?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 3:26 pm

Ennis 1 nil.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:06 pm

Del Boy and Morecombe leading the Tractor Boys.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:18 pm

Loweys bheys beating Norwich.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:24 pm

2 nil Cosgrove, it seems I didn't need to worry.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:27 pm

Just need Hardie to score and I will have a perfect prediction, we didn't sell him at HT did we?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:29 pm

Ipswich leading now, only 1pt between us again.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:33 pm

Think Ipswich have equalized.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:54 pm

3 nil, impressive.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 4:56 pm

Banana get the fook in and blow the whistle ref, perfect prediction for me if it ends like this.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim


Posts : 2574
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : Plympton and Sucina

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 5:29 pm

Not the best game but we had been spoiled by the Ipswich and Weds performances, and winning 3 - 0 when you don't play that well says a lot about where we are as a club.

Not a lot of quality on show but what there was came from Argyle, with all 3 goals well worked and well taken.

Don't normally comment on refs as they do have a difficult job, but this guy got virtually every decision wrong in the first half - giving free kicks when there was no contact, and not giving blatant trips and pulls - for both sides.

Think he panicked for the red cards, they were yellows at best. Need to see it again but it seemed that both players went for the ball and banged knees, it was one of those incidents that looked a lot worse than it actually was.

Still, 7 in a row at home and still top. All is well.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen


Posts : 6103
Join date : 2012-01-13
Age : 59
Location : Plymouth

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 5:52 pm

Another three points chalked up.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy


Posts : 6890
Join date : 2011-05-12

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 6:34 pm

Went to this one today. Argo were not great in a very niggly game with far too many misplaced passes and cheaply giving the ball away all the time. When Argo did manage to put some passes together going forward they looked dangerous and the difference between Argo and Accrington was Argo were clinical in front of goal and Accrington were shite. Officiating was piss poor with ref making some really baffling decisions and looked completely clueless with the chaotic scenes when Scarr and the Accrington player both saw a red for a 50-50 challenge!! "You don't know what your doing" and "shit referee" chants were written for this ref. Cosgrove definitely deserved MoM, he was immense today both up front and getting back to defend. Great win and 3 points!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable


Posts : 7435
Join date : 2014-03-30

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 6:41 pm

Freathy wrote:
Went to this one today.  Argo were not great in a very niggly game with far too many misplaced passes and cheaply giving the ball away all the time.  When Argo did manage to put some passes together going forward they looked dangerous and the difference between Argo and Accrington was Argo were clinical in front of goal and Accrington were shite.  Officiating was piss poor with ref making some really baffling decisions and looked completely clueless with the chaotic scenes when Scarr and the Accrington player both saw a red for a 50-50 challenge!! "You don't know what your doing" and "shit referee" chants were written for this ref. Cosgrove definitely deserved MoM, he was immense today both up front and getting back to defend.  Great win and 3 points!


Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 6:50 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Went to this one today.  Argo were not great in a very niggly game with far too many misplaced passes and cheaply giving the ball away all the time.  When Argo did manage to put some passes together going forward they looked dangerous and the difference between Argo and Accrington was Argo were clinical in front of goal and Accrington were shite.  Officiating was piss poor with ref making some really baffling decisions and looked completely clueless with the chaotic scenes when Scarr and the Accrington player both saw a red for a 50-50 challenge!! "You don't know what your doing" and "shit referee" chants were written for this ref. Cosgrove definitely deserved MoM, he was immense today both up front and getting back to defend.  Great win and 3 points!


Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

With the form Freathy is on we'd better watch out that Hallett doesn't sell him to a rival forum.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin


Posts : 6063
Join date : 2011-05-16
Age : 64
Location : Tavistock area

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:12 pm

First half was a hard watch, especially after some of the recent crackerjacks. As Freathy said, a lot of misplaced passes and stumbling from Argyle-Stanley were content to match up and press hard and bomb the ball into the box from throw ins although Cooper did make one good save. Very bitty and bad tempered, need to see the incident again but difficult to see how two players can be sent off in the same challenge. Good goal from Ennis after a nice build up down the left to break the deadlock and leave the onus on them to try to get back into the game. Second half was much better and Argyle benefitted from the introduction of Randell and Nigel for the rather ineffective Butcher and Mumba, think it was the latter who set Cosgrove up for a shot on the turn to seal the result. Helps when you can bring on one of the divisional top scorers and he duly obliged with a goal when put through by Randell for the icing on the cake. Not a classic by any means but class told in the end for a great grinding win.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain


Posts : 12371
Join date : 2017-09-09

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:42 pm

These games now (after playing like the top eight teams) are going to be hard because with our reputation teams will come here primarily not to lose and will employ every dark art they can to try and bag pointage at HP. We will lose soon but another good day at the office, we are the team to beat.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry


Posts : 2596
Join date : 2021-12-06

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 7:51 pm

scrappy game but one where we showed we can mix it up and still win comfortably against a physical team. No complaints about the double sending off they both went in late on each other so you couldnt send one off without the other and i think the reactions of both probably didn't help matters afterwards. The ref was a little trigger happy with his whistle today i thought but accrington are a dirty side i have to say. credit to the 65 away fans that came down though they did there best to be heard.
Cosgrove worked hard up front battling hard deserved his goal. Great to see Dwight Marshall at halftime for me as he was once of my favourite players as a kid along with steve castle.
not much more to add that hasnt already been said overall a good win and we are still top of the league Smile
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull


Posts : 7624
Join date : 2012-01-12
Age : 67
Location : Mutant Abbot

Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 9:08 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Went to this one today.  Argo were not great in a very niggly game with far too many misplaced passes and cheaply giving the ball away all the time.  When Argo did manage to put some passes together going forward they looked dangerous and the difference between Argo and Accrington was Argo were clinical in front of goal and Accrington were shite.  Officiating was piss poor with ref making some really baffling decisions and looked completely clueless with the chaotic scenes when Scarr and the Accrington player both saw a red for a 50-50 challenge!! "You don't know what your doing" and "shit referee" chants were written for this ref. Cosgrove definitely deserved MoM, he was immense today both up front and getting back to defend.  Great win and 3 points!


Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

With the form Freathy is on we'd better watch out that Hallett doesn't sell him to a rival forum.

Freathy has obviously started a course of reality pills at long last.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley   Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Plymouth Argyle 15:00 Accrington Stanley
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle (match day)
» Plymouth Argyle vs Accrington Stanley Previews youtubes
» Accrington Stanley v Plymouth Argyle match thread
» Match Thread - John Sheridan's Plymouth Argyle vs. Accrington Stanley
» Accrington Stanley, who are they?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: