PatDunne
Flat_Track_Bully
pepsipete
Josh Pope
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh Pope

Accrington Stanley, who are they? Empty
PostSubject: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Ah so on Saturday we face the team that features in the greatest milk advert of all time.

Can't wait for the inevitable 2-0 defeat..

I'm genuinely not sure what team to play, but I'll give it a go..

---------------McCormick---------------
--------Nelson-McHugh-Hartley--------
Mellor-----------------------------Talbot
---------------Cox---AOC---------------
-----------------Bobby------------------
---------------Reid--Brunt--------------

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:14 pm

Your selection looks pretty good to me.
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 8:49 pm

Stanley have lost their last 4 league matches with an aggregate score of 11 v 2.... so there's a good chance they'll beat us!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:07 pm

Weak on the left hand side.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:08 pm

Angry wrote:
Weak on the left hand side.

I agree absolutely, but there's not really a lot we can do there..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:13 pm

change the formation olay 4 at the back and put purrington in.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:17 pm

But we're still stuck without a left midfielder!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:18 pm

or if your playing 3-5-2

gk

df df df

rw md md md lw

st st

Perhaps the time has come for Banton to step up and show what he can do in his preferred position of Left wing and try and earn a new contract here or catch someone elses interest if anything. Doubt he will do it though but nowt else to lose.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:21 pm

Think he's still injured for a couple weeks, you are right though. He wont be offered a new deal anyway I don't think.

The annoying thing about this Kellett deal is that we were left with no time to get anyone else in. I'm actually quite pissed off now that an Under 21 side have signed him and we've missed out.

All part of the joke that's English football I guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:29 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
Think he's still injured for a couple weeks, you are right though. He wont be offered a new deal anyway I don't think.

The annoying thing about this Kellett deal is that we were left with no time to get anyone else in. I'm actually quite pissed off now that an Under 21 side have signed him and we've missed out.

All part of the joke that's English football I guess.

That's Sheridan's fault for not looking for other options as the Kellet deal was forever delayed and man utd nicked him. At least then he could have had a chance to bring in another... good job the window for emergency loans is opened to rectify it albeit yet again on a temp basis.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Not sure, seeing as Kellett was literally on his way down to sign terms I don't think we could have expected such a move, not really anyone to blame here.. Maybe Man United, weirdly.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:36 pm

More annoyed that we did not go for Lavery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Josh Pope wrote:
Not sure, seeing as Kellett was literally on his way down to sign terms I don't think we could have expected such a move, not really anyone to blame here.. Maybe Man United, weirdly.

its never a done deal till the paperwork signed so Sheridan should have had backups to look at or try and bring in in lieu incase anything happend like it did here even if he was 99% certain and man utd swoop in to nick him oddly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:51 pm

I think we will sneak a narrow win 1-0 or 2-1 which in retrospect is the last thing I want as it will take the heat of an inept owner.

And if we do win we the Avivas will go into meltdown about how the promotion push is back on bla bla bla.

It's all bollocks because you just know it will be back to normal service after 1 or 2 decent results...tis the Argyle way.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Without kellet IMO it will be 4-4-2 with (gulp) McHugh at LB.
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyTue Feb 03, 2015 11:17 pm

Was it the Accrington game last season when our only shot on target was a goal kick from Luke?
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:06 am

Josh Pope wrote:
Ah so on Saturday we face the team that features in the greatest milk advert of all time.

Your thoughts?
Lewi ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 10:59 am

tigertony wrote:
Josh Pope wrote:

Your thoughts?
Lewi ??

Given the way he has played recently i'd have dropped him too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:45 pm

Still one of our better players and he does have the odd goal in him.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:50 pm

I agree he's good but he's the sort who'll react well to being dropped. Last season he was dropped for Pompey, came on at half time, had a great cameo and for months was like a changed player. Would work I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 12:55 pm

Iggy wrote:

He is a very frustrating player, He can open up a defence he can get into positions to score however he will either take one touch too many and messes it up or he wont pass to someone in a better position than he is and he will lose the ball instead. Also i notice he wont help Reuben out when he is breaking free from defenders in the box by getting in a position to help out and keep the attack going.

He is a good player but if he is playing up front which he can be good at he has got to work on his timing and teamwork better as at the moment he is shocking. May aswell give this James Blunt fella or Brunt a chance
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyWed Feb 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
Stanley have lost their last 4 league matches with an aggregate score of 11 v 2.... so there's a good chance they'll beat us!

Ah, that long established trait Argyle definitely have.
Back to top Go down
MannameadGreen

MannameadGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 12:05 am

Agree with Josh's team, except I'd swap Mellor and Talbot around.

1-1.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:08 am

Angry wrote:
Iggy wrote:

He is a very frustrating player, He can open up a defence he can get into positions to score however he will either take one touch too many and messes it up or he wont pass to someone in a better position than he is and he will lose the ball instead. Also i notice he wont help Reuben out when he is breaking free from defenders in the box by getting in a position to help out and keep the attack going.

He is a good player but if he is playing up front which he can be good at he has got to work on his timing and teamwork better as at the moment he is shocking. May aswell give this James Blunt fella or Brunt a chance

I agree. His inability to shoot properly is agonising but there's a very talented player in there I'm sure. His conposure is just atrocious though. A 433 with no wingers perhaps? Brunt up top with Reubs and Lewi on either side, with Norburn in the middle of the midfield trio with Cox and O'Connor either side, who's capable of covering for the full backs? Maybe. Not sure.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 11:37 am

I have gone with a 1-0 win for Argyle, the bad spell has got to end sometime and why not at home to Accrington who are they Stanley.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accrington Stanley, who are they?   Accrington Stanley, who are they? Empty

Back to top Go down

Accrington Stanley, who are they?
Page 1 of 1