The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview Empty
PostSubject: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:29 pm

After listening to this, I would now like to withdraw my earlier statement where I said that I thought we would stay up just. I urge everyone to listen to the whole interview before making any rash predictions for the prediction league or for the rest of the season. I am literally speechless.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:44 pm

Uuuuumm well some people is quicker than others innit. Yeah I fink in my memory I member playing there coz it's a similar pitch as all pitches give or take a bit and it's 11 v 11 innit uuuurm ya know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 3:45 pm

If I'm honest GJ, I can't really see much wrong with the content of what he says. (Ignoring the fact that it's yer know.......dull)

Accrington have a new gaffer. Any scouting done over the past couple of weeks is largely irrelevent now.

Fletch doesn't know if players that were selected in previous games will be selected for this game, and doesn't know what tactics the new manager will be playing. Unless of course he happened by chance to be a Sligo fan.

How often do you see a new manager start with a win in his first game in charge? It's not a coincidence.

The interview technique is diabolical granted, but the content is more or less ok.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Greenjock wrote:
After listening to this, I would now like to withdraw my earlier statement where I said that I thought we would stay up just. I urge everyone to listen to the whole interview before making any rash predictions for the prediction league or for the rest of the season. I am literally speechless.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was numb by the time it froze half way through.Can only imagine how he inspires the players Rolling Eyes

I have nothing against the bloke but whoever has put him in charge and continues to back him, must think all football people are thick, or they are thick too.

It's embarrassing and cringeworthy. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:10 pm

Gib, he can barely speak English. What does laying out the kit and the distance from the hotel have to do with anything? And when asked about speedier players, he struggles to comprehend and talks absolute bollocks. It's a long hard season in League 2, a lot of travelling and a lot of games? Sorry but if I were the opposition manager I would hardly be losing any sleep wondering what master tactics Fletcher has up his sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Greenjock wrote:
Gib, he can barely speak English. What does laying out the kit and the distance from the hotel have to do with anything? And when asked about speedier players, he struggles to comprehend and talks absolute bollocks. It's a long hard season in League 2, a lot of travelling and a lot of games? Sorry but if I were the opposition manager I would hardly be losing any sleep wondering what master tactics Fletcher has up his sleeve.

lol!

Every time he's asked a question we get the high pitched 'Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm' , as if something astute is about to follow................. it never does.

If we survive, it will be despite him. Poor beggar, he's totally out of his depth and this will almost certainly be his only managerial/coaching job.
What a guy to trust with our league status.

Only at Argyle could this happen. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:14 pm

He knows he's completely out of his depth - hence the mentor. This is truly frightening. I've heard some embarrasing 'interviews' but this just takes the piss. This appointment would NEVER have happened at any other club including BS clubs. When we're ejected from the football league in May (or before) it will be brent's fault for a) giving the job to fletch and b) not sacking fletch.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:17 pm

Freathy wrote:
He knows he's completely out of his depth - hence the mentor. This is truly frightening. I've heard some embarrasing 'interviews' but this just takes the piss. This appointment would NEVER have happened at any other club including BS clubs. When we're ejected from the football league in May (or before) it will be brent's fault for a) giving the job to fletch and b) not sacking fletch.

But ...........'he gets it' , Sad Act !

More like he gets how to become an Aviva jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:34 pm

But he is a football manager not an after-dinner speaker.

(If that's not an open goal, I don't know what is.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:41 pm

I know being a football manager doesn't require a degree, but even Fabio Capello learned to speak English when he was appointed England manager, it would be nice for Fletcher to make the same effort.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:42 pm

knecht wrote:

So what's the plan today Gaffer ?
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm Errrrrrrrrrm, changing room is a bit small but errrrm....y'know I've been in smaller errrrrrrm............y'know......the pitch is big and errrrrrrrm green errrrrrrm...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jesus Saves !!!!!........................................................ St John scores from the rebound !!!! You have to laugh. I see that even the Avivas on the farm are wavering. Some can't face the trip to Accrington. They are questioning their loyalty, or should that be sanity, at last !
Napoleon is still going though, so he can look down on those who only come along when we're in the Championship. Won't be seeing them for a while then, so that's alright lol!

Last edited by Tringreen on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:42 pm

knecht wrote:

Our league position would suggest otherwise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:47 pm

That's three goals in less than three minutes! You blokes certainly know how to hit an open net! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:51 pm

knecht wrote:
That's three goals in less than three minutes! You blokes certainly know how to hit an open net! Rolling Eyes

Goalscorers are born, not made Laughing
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:52 pm

knecht wrote:

Unlike Argyle
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 6:56 pm

I make that 5 now Knecht. One more and Fletch will need to use his left hand as well to keep track.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:03 pm

Greenjock wrote:
I make that 5 now Knecht. One more and Fletch will need to use his left hand as well to keep track.

I appeal! Tring's was a philosophical nature v nurture contribution on the nature of talent. Freathy's was a comment on Argyle not their manager.

You'll be saying next that Fletcher would make a poor manager even in the Blue Square.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Trust in Stapes Fletch and enjoy the ride fellas
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:28 pm

I know he's not pulling up any trees as manager (or even any twigs for that matter No ) the lack of progess is extremely frustrating but come on, do we need to berate him at every opportunity for this ?
Other than Holloway & Warnock I don't recall any former Argyle who I would regard as interesting to listen to, & Holloway was just entertainment, it was all total crap !

Sturrock - All his own cliches, same every game
Pulis - Cliches & excuses (even before the game on occasions)
Bobby - Dour & depressing
Mariner - can't remember so must have been dull
Reid - as above

Hardly any managers are worth listening to. The whole pre-match press conference/interview thing is a complete waste of time. Same inane questions week in week out.

Its clear that Fletcher should never have got the gig but I think we should be venting our frustration at Brent who seems content to let us be relegated again without a whimper. Is it a lot cheaper to run a BS club ?, probably I would have thought :/

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:36 pm

I know he's not going to give away any gameplan Razz , but if he isn't a great tactician then he must be the chest thumping all passion type?

Listen to it. Does this sound like someone the team will even listen to never mind respect or want to go out and give their all for? Sorry but I have never heard anything like this from a manager and I can't see how any player would be inspired by him on this evidence.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Ffarquhar wrote:
I know he's not pulling up any trees as manager (or even any twigs for that matter No ) the lack of progess is extremely frustrating but come on, do we need to berate him at every opportunity for this ?
Other than Holloway & Warnock I don't recall any former Argyle who I would regard as interesting to listen to, & Holloway was just entertainment, it was all total crap !

Sturrock - All his own cliches, same every game
Pulis - Cliches & excuses (even before the game on occasions)
Bobby - Dour & depressing
Mariner - can't remember so must have been dull
Reid - as above

Hardly any managers are worth listening to. The whole pre-match press conference/interview thing is a complete waste of time. Same inane questions week in week out.

Its clear that Fletcher should never have got the gig but I think we should be venting our frustration at Brent who seems content to let us be relegated again without a whimper. Is it a lot cheaper to run a BS club ?, probably I would have thought :/

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm........ y'know......... I think we all agree. Don't blame the monkey, blame the organ grinder.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Why is this thread so W-I-D-E?

Is it your long zzzz, perchance, Tring?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:14 pm

It's to accommodate the new trophy cabinet being installed at HP in expectation of Fletchers uuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmm ya know wins and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:38 pm

I haven't listened to the current interview because I haven't had time and now can't be arsed, and I'm not disagreeing that he seems out of his depth at managerial level, but having captained Bournemouth, Wales, Palace and Argyle, surely the man has leadership qualities?

Not sure I could justify having a pop at the guy because he's uncomfortable in front of a microphone and/or camera, despite that seemingly being the number one qualification required of a manager in the age of Sky Sports News.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 pm

urmmmmmm err urmmm er we lay kit out differently in small changing rooms.... urrm yer fast players with the ball is good, squad is good urrm yeah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview   Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview Empty

Back to top Go down

Fletcher's insightful Accrington Stanley interview
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next