Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 11:34 am

Well Arron Banks, frontman for the still vaguely sourced money that bankrolled one of the corrupt Leave campaigns according to the Electoral Commission - and who is still under investigation by the National Crime Agency, was in Veneto, the heartland of Italy's fascist Lega Nord, last week petitioning the deputy PM Salvini to help block an extension of Article 50 should it be requested.

Some weird variant of "taking back control" means sucking up to Eurofascists to sideline the primacy of parliament, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 11:39 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Well Arron Banks, frontman for the still vaguely sourced money that bankrolled one of the corrupt Leave campaigns according to the Electoral Commission - and who is still under investigation by the National Crime Agency, was in Veneto, the heartland of Italy's fascist Lega Nord, last week petitioning the deputy PM Salvini to help block an extension of Article 50 should it be requested.

Some weird variant of "taking back control" means sucking up to Eurofascists to sideline the primacy of parliament, I guess.

lol! No wonder you talk so much shite you seem completely confused as to who is relevant or not in all this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 11:51 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

As others have I’ve been going round in circles these past few days and finally vanished up my rectum, now I realise why you post such shite
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 11:54 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
If there’s an extension it’ll be a short one, the vote for no deal tonight will be defeated but is not legally binding anyway, May will continue to propose her deal and it’ll continue to be defeated until the extension time limit when we’ll have to leave on a no deal scenario unless May’s deal is finally approved in order to prevent leaving on a no deal.

The risk to the above is either another referendum or a General Election and I  can’t see there being a GE

Graiser JRM was the only one last night who believed the complete no deal scenario was not legally binding. I agree in legal terms its not but its absolutely off the table now

Short extension to allow TM deal to be further debated is a possibility. There can be no referendum unless there is a 8 month extension as thats how long the legalities take for another one. A GE makes no odds to the EU

EU wont sanction beyond 23/05 in which case there are two choices left. Theresa Mays deal or revoke Article 50 completely. TMs deal will go through possibly next week because I'm in the camp that the EU may not even sanction even 1 days extension

Why would they when article 50 being revoked is now gleaming in their eyes again.

I believe a motion has to be applied for it to be legal, currently it’s not legal
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Coming together nicely.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 12:08 pm

It exposes the pathetic Tory and Labour parties.

Desperate for power at any cost.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 10:25 pm

seadog wrote:
It exposes the pathetic Tory and Labour parties.

Desperate for power at any cost.

We all know why Cameron went for it and why May carried it on.

What makes me laugh is people who never vote Labour, are now criticising Corbyn for not potentially alienating previously traditional labour voting areas by backing a 2nd referendum.
After years of austerity and the tories losing thick, working class voters to UKIP, opportunists decided to play the race card and of course it worked.
You couldn't make this shit up.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 7:29 am

Hungary PM intends to veto any extension. This could become even more amusing and ludicrous than it already is
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 7:42 am

Nigel Farage is chatting up other right wing EU States....only needs one to say no to an extension and we can then give them all two fingers and leave without a deal....better than being tied to the EU's apron strings for years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 7:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 8:06 am

Well well well lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 8:10 am

zyph wrote:
Nigel Farage is chatting up other right wing EU States....only needs one to say no to an extension and we can then give them all two fingers and leave without a deal....better than being tied to the EU's apron strings for years.

Yep you're right just takes one veto. Far too much optimism that an extension is a done deal and Farage giving it large will certainly stir those vetos potentially up
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 am

Personally I don't accept the vote to delay Brexit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
zyph wrote:

Yep you're right just takes one veto. Far too much optimism that an extension is a done deal and Farage giving it large will certainly stir those vetos potentially up

Bullshit. From day one the EU27 have acted in complete unity and that is hardly likely to change as a result of a nobody MEP who has a dismal attendance record arselicking foreign leaders to get them to sabotage this countries interests. If the EU was so bad why are Hungary in it still, they won't be upsetting the applecart thats for sure.

Anyone still peddling the notion that we should leave with no deal is stupid. The country would go into complete meltdown (we're not in the remoted bit prepared) and within days we'd be in Brussels begging them for what they'll let us have.

If Mays deal doesn't go through, we'll be in it for at least 2 years more.

The funniest thing is, we could have left on time had there been some compromise, some recognition of the issues. The architects of brexit have blown it for themselves and I'm not entirely sure it was an accident.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
zyph wrote:

Bullshit. From day one the EU27 have acted in complete unity and that is hardly likely to change as a result of a nobody MEP who has a dismal attendance record arselicking foreign  leaders to get them to sabotage this countries interests. If the EU was so bad why are Hungary in it still, they won't be upsetting the applecart thats for sure.

Anyone still peddling the notion that we should leave with no deal is stupid. The country would go into complete meltdown (we're not in the remoted bit prepared) and within days we'd be in Brussels begging them for what they'll let us have.

If Mays deal doesn't go through, we'll be in it for at least 2 years more.

The funniest thing is, we could have left on time had there been some compromise, some recognition of the issues. The architects of brexit have blown it for themselves and I'm not entirely sure it was an accident.

From outset I've advocated leaving in an orderly fashion with a deal. Couldnt agree more with the notion of leaving with no deal is nothing more than insanity.
Watching the media this morning its clear that JRMs crew are wavering with this morning the AG in discussions with the DUP offering doubtless soothing noises

Still doesnt alter the fact (forget Farage) that anyone of the 27 states can veto any extension and frankly I dont blame them. Juncker and Barnier must be sick to death.

80% of the £39 Billion is payable by us come what may and MPs are far far far to optimistic that an extension is a done deal

Only my opinion
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:

By much of your own reasoning and many of your own posts: tough.

This is British sovereignty (the main reason you voted Leave, wasn't it?) asserting itself via the primacy of Parliament.

You have no right to complain about it because this is exactly what you have said many times is the main thing that inspired you to vote Leave.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 11:47 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Hungary PM intends to veto any extension. This could become even more amusing and ludicrous than it already is

Hungary PM is an interesting chap.

He's just your basic up-front homophobic, antisemitic, racist, nationalistic bigoted fascist.

If he does veto extending A50 then we really will demonstrably have Euro-fascists we have never elected exerting power over British parliament contrary to what it wishes.

Brexit being forced through by the very mechanism that Brexit is supposed, so I am told, to explicitly prevent really would be the ultimate paradox to define a process riddled with them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 12:04 pm

Hope the extension is refused, then we’re out and can get on with it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 12:06 pm

[quote="Sir Francis Drake"]
harvetheslayer wrote:

Hungary PM is an interesting chap.

He's just your basic up-front homophobic, antisemitic, racist, nationalistic bigoted fascist.

If he does veto extending A50 then we really will demonstrably have Euro-fascists we have never elected exerting power over British parliament contrary to what it wishes.

Brexit being forced through by the very mechanism that Brexit is supposed, so I am told, to explicitly prevent really would be the ultimate paradox to define a process riddled with them.[/quote

Well at least he’s up front with it, maybe the penny’s dropped with you at last!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 12:13 pm

Nobody is going to use a veto out of spite.

The extension isn't a done deal, but it will be based on whether May gets her withdrawal deal through. A short extension will cover off the necessary legislative time to get that into statute. If it doesn't get through, then I reckon the EU will tell us to take part in elections and give us a 2 year extension.

The withdrawal agreement isn't going to get re-opened in that time, that includes the backstop. Which was actually our idea in the first place to prevent a hard border in Ireland.

If I understand correctly if we fall into the backstop we have to harmonise our tariffs with any third country the EU does a deal with, without gaining similar tariff rates to their markets because we are a 3rd party country in a bespoke customs arrangement. We could try to negotiate a trade deal, but they've already got access so we've nothing to negotiate with.

Its just so self defeating and pointless.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 2:05 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

This is British sovereignty (the main reason you voted Leave, wasn't it?) asserting itself via the primacy of Parliament.

You have no right to complain about it because this is exactly what you have said many times is the main thing that inspired you to vote Leave.

fishing It's just to easy. On a serious note why should anyone accept the result of any future referendum, general election or even a local council vote based on the outcome of the last referendum they mean feck all. Along with the majority of the country I didn't vote for a deal that keeps us in Europe I voted to leave. If we hadn't had the whole process hijacked by remain MPs we could have been planning for No Deal or "leaving the EU" as it used to be known for the last two years. It's only a cliff edge disaster movie scenario if you don't plan for it.
Whatever happens now whether staying in with a deal or no deal at least I can sleep soundly in the knowledge that his feckin car crash is feck all to do with any leavers and more to do with a Remainer press, Gvernment and people like yourself making yourself deaf bleating n about Aron Banks and Tommy Robinson in your FB echo chambers.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 2:24 pm

She'll only get an extension if she lays out a positive course of what will happen during that time to get a successful deal accepted by parliament.

If she mentions say, up to a year...it will be pressure to help MP's to vote for her bad deal to avoid being kept in the EU paying a £billion a month for the privilege.

If she gets it through, then she will only need months extra to get the paperwork done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

fishing It's just to easy. On a serious note why should anyone accept the result of any future referendum, general election or even a local council vote based on the outcome of the last referendum they mean feck all. Along with the majority of the country I didn't vote for a deal that keeps us in Europe I voted to leave. If we hadn't had the whole process hijacked by remain MPs we could have been planning for No Deal or "leaving the EU" as it used to be known for the last two years. It's only a cliff edge disaster movie scenario if you don't plan for it.
Whatever happens now whether staying in with a deal or no deal at least I can sleep soundly in the knowledge that his feckin car crash is feck all to do with any leavers and more to do with a Remainer press, Gvernment and people like yourself making yourself deaf bleating n about Aron Banks and Tommy Robinson in your FB echo chambers.

The same old arguments and delusions nothing new and certainly no solutions just impotent rage.

This referendum was advisory. Elections are statutory binding.

There only two choices on the ballot. Leave or remain, what you thought you voted for is totally irrelevant.

We didn't plan for any form of departure. deal or no deal, had their been any honesty about it from the start we might be leaving in a couple of weeks.

Any car crash is less to do with the people spending the last year predicting a car crach, than the people that were driving such include the fantasists and liars in Government such as David Davis, Boris Johnson, May etc and the people egging them on to ignore the cliff edge .. too many to mention

Eventually it would always be the case that the fantasies and lies would hit reality and thats what happened last week. Project fear is now project reality.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Sooner or later you'll realise that a completely impossible idea based on lies, unobtainable dreams and delusional nostalgia has proved impossible, unobtainable, delusional and a lie.

When you do you're going to be mighty hacked off at the wolfticket and snakeoil salesmen who conned you and made you think it was all possible when it never was and never was going to be.

(And they knew it all along: you only had to see the faces of Gove and Johnson the morning that Cameron quit to see it writ large.)

And rightly so because that is where the blame lies.

Until then keep spouting your displeasure because it is all you'll have left if you lose and if you win the victory will be most Pyrrhic since the first one when King Pyrrhus of Epirus defeated the Romans at Asculum 279 BC but lost all he held dear in so doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 3:16 pm

There is absolutely no upside to this whatsoever.

If Mays deal gets through, we'll end up in the backstop which is bad. There are no magical alternatives to prevent a hard border in Ireland, so we'll end up in the backstop.

In the unlikely event of no deal, it'll take less than a week for the country to descend into Chaos and beg Brussels to help us

The only sensible thing is to revoke article 50 whilst we still can, even then that won't reverse the utter tits we have made of ourselves since 2010.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next