Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
I would have thought the way to sort the Irish problem would be put it to a vote in Ireland. Probably the last people they'd ask though.

Looks like I'm going to have to give you some more facts as your implication is way off beam.
Ireland is THE country that benefits from referendums of the people. You say the Irish people are the last folk that will be asked. Well, look at their laws, look at their constitution. They legally have to put any big change to the people in a referendum. This stretches back to their fear of Westminster sometime in the future feckin them over. How right they were.
If there's a big change, like a hard border issue as important as this, it WILL go to the people in a referendum. It's why the Eu can't just pay off the Irish parliament, the people decide over there on these sort of issues.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Missing the point as always. Our government won't ask them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2018 11:12 pm

It's nothing to do with Westminster. They don't rule Ireland anymore.
Westminster can't even sort out their own democratic referendums Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 11:32 am

Yes I know that as well.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 1:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Corbyn: Brexit would go ahead even if Labour won snap election

Jeremy Corbyn has defiantly restated Labour’s policy of leading Britain out of the European Union with a refashioned Brexit deal, shrugging off intense pressure from Labour MPs and activists for the party to throw its weight behind a second referendum.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 8:53 am

Politically, he can't be seen to be supporting another vote but if it comes to a bad deal or no deal there will be cross party support.
This is his position , the day before May tried to buy herself more time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 9:27 am

Why are Labour supporters in denial when it comes to official Labour policy to leave the EU? as Corbyn has stated today in the Guardian?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 10:34 am

PatDunne wrote:
Why are Labour supporters in denial when it comes to official Labour policy to leave the EU? as Corbyn has stated today in the Guardian?

Pragmatism is rarely a strength of the left. I thought I was left wing until I engaged with a few momentum members.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Some of my momentum friends aren't  left enough, but they're putting in a huge amount of effort and it's certainly the most democratic  grass roots party for a long long time.
Corbyn's position has been about right all through the whole brexit quagmire, in fact better than the green party who I support in most matters.. He'll have different red lines than May, and thank heaven for that. It's quite clear her answer is a dead duck. In the end, it all HAS to be passed by the sovereign parliament, that's just how this country functions
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 2:46 pm

Tringreen wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Pragmatism is rarely a strength of the left. I thought I was left wing until I engaged with a few momentum members.

Haha, Very true, Corbyn is pretty centrist although I fear his railing against globalisation is outmoded, odd to think that a Corbyn government like a Trump one would be protectionist and tariff happy, momentum on the other hand are every red come out from under the bed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 12:01 am

Thanks for your expert knowledge of momentum, Pat lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 10:33 pm

momentum = Corbyn's brown shirts.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 10:47 pm

The last thing my momentum friends are is authoritarian Fascist, just old Labour, no more, no less. whe eve the Tories were one nation people... If you're looking for street thugs, think you need to start looking at backyard Trumpism, Old Tory and New Ukip, Robbo style. Bless your attempt at obfuscation. It's all so simple in the safety of the nest. You haven't a clue. Would you like to invite me to leave the forum again ?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Couldn't give a feck. I have as much right as you to have an opinion.

My opinion is momentum = Corbyn's brown shirts.

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 11:00 pm

Geddon Mouldy. Of course you don't give a feck. It's Winter, it's raining, and you're dry and fed. Enjoy the ride.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 11:54 pm

And I expect you are dry and fed as well.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyMon Dec 24, 2018 11:19 pm

beesrus wrote:
Geddon Mouldy.  Of course you don't give a feck. It's Winter, it's raining, and you're dry and fed. Enjoy the ride.

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
And I expect you are dry and fed as well.

Of course he is Moggie.  ...and it's why he hasn't come  back with his usual smart-ass answer, because even Beezy has been gobsmacked into silence by the massive stupidity of his own worthless and pointless statement.

@clueless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 7:28 pm

I've been gobsmacked by my own stupidity. Yes, of course I have. LOL
C/o Port Isaac quote over the holiday, you're an unctuous patronising eunuch. That'll do for now.

You get out what you put in, Rickler.
And you have the cheek to say you want "ATD" to be taken seriously ? No you don't.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 7:10 am

beesrus wrote:

Well, you could have come back with something smart that was relevant to the conversation, but of course for you, as evidenced by your feeble retort, that was a bridge too far.

Anyway, one thing is for certain...  ATD is never going to be taken seriously if people think you're representative of this forum.  You're an obsessed whack job bigot with an agenda who can't rationally think straight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beesrus...   Communisty Symons' Janner-in-a-can's useless idiot.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 8:33 am

FFS....
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 8:35 am

beesrus wrote:
Thanks for your expert knowledge of momentum, Pat lol!  

I kept it simple so that you could understand it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 8:46 am

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Well, you could have come back with something smart that was relevant to the conversation, but of course for you, as evidenced by your feeble retort, that was a bridge too far.

Anyway, one thing is for certain...  ATD is never going to be taken seriously if people think you're representative of this forum.  You're an obsessed whack job bigot with an agenda who can't rationally think straight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beesrus...   Communisty Symons' Janner-in-a-can's useless idiot.

I decide what is relevant to my conversation with others, not you.
You're not very good at this.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 10:38 am

You're like a blind horse wearing blinkers Bees. Only in your world are your sweeping statements not cuntworthy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 3:16 pm

That's rich, coming from yourself Earwig lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 EmptyThu Dec 27, 2018 5:54 pm

Even I manage to not fall out with absolutely everybody.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next