Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptySun Mar 24, 2019 11:31 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
When a football team fields ineligible players the result rarely stands.

I'm rather fond of this country as it happens but I don't think the Union will survive Brexit.

If Ireland ends up united or Scotland secedes as a result you'll have to redefine Pyrrhic victory because Britain can only take back control if it continues to exist.

Luckily most people in Britain aren't as feckin useless at looking after themselves as you seem to be. Man the feck up we aren't going to all die because a vote didn't go your way. No wonder the world laughs at us wet cnuts like you make me ashamed to be British.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 5:23 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
When a football team fields ineligible players the result rarely stands.

I'm rather fond of this country as it happens but I don't think the Union will survive Brexit.

If Ireland ends up united or Scotland secedes as a result you'll have to redefine Pyrrhic victory because Britain can only take back control if it continues to exist.

Not true. More often than not the team is deducted points with the result still standing.

You most certainly do not give the impression of being fond of this country, be it England or Great Britain.  

It’s not difficult to imagine a united Ireland at some stage. Probably a generational thing.

I also think it’s only a matter of time before the English will demand a referendum of their own. And why not? Which would put the fear of christ into the scots and the welsh.

What is clear, at least to me, is that the EU is a political ideal which is in actual fact a basket case. The stories told by Brussels regarding the financial well being of Greece were so obviously lies that the EU can’t even be bothered to deny them. Other countries should never have been allowed in in the first place as they failed the financial test that was meant to apply.

Big is not always beautiful and a European army is a disaster in the making.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 5:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 7:27 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2019 10:32 pm

A very British Coup. Parliment showing two fingers to the voters.Whod have thought it?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 6:52 am

Suspect the first 2 of the 7 indicative votes to go will obviously be no deal and TMs current deal as it stands

I feel the last 3 will be the 2nd referendum, the revocation of article 50 and TMs deal but with a customs union attached which will appease Corbyn.

If it goes to a 2nd referendum there is no doubt whatsoever that remain will now exceed 75% and than some

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 9:50 am

lol! According to analysis on the Beeb this has almost certainly ruled out no deal and a second referendum. If we had another referendum it would be as tight as the first. 75% completely deluded.
What is clear is that his process now gives Parliament a mandate to ignore the will of the people in anything they don't agree with. What shreds of democracy we had left are dead. Yay.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 10:32 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
lol! According to analysis on the Beeb this has almost certainly ruled out no deal and a second referendum. If we had another referendum it would be as tight as the first. 75% completely deluded.
What is clear is that his process now gives Parliament a mandate to ignore the will of the people in anything they don't agree with. What shreds of democracy we had left are dead. Yay.

lol deluded or otherwise all I know is EVERY single person I know who voted out including myself originally have completely changed their views.
Lets say its only TMs deal or remain/revoke as the final 2 than frankly it will be a sight more than 75%.

The CBI and TUC have completely mullered any thoughts fortunately that we would fall off a cliff with no deal
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 11:46 am

I'd say you are completely wrong. I'd say staying in the eu is more likely than another referendum, probably done by first obtaining endless extensions to the leaving date, that is if the EU agree to prolonging the agony any further, there is still a good chance we will drop out with no deal in a couple of weeks time. Parliament look unable to agree on anything at all and that's where our salvation lies at he moment.
Also if and when Parliament find they are unable to agree on anything we may well find ourselves with a general election, that would in effect call a sort of referendum on the process but then id expect any strong leave coalition would win the election same as last time but without a large majority leading to more of the same.
What's sure as eggs is eggs is that anybody that thinks they can predict the outcome of this mess is deluded.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 6:04 pm

If it’s a second referendum (and I don’t think it will be) my vote will be the same and people I’ve spoken too, a few of which were remainers will also be voting out.
Most are seriously hacked off with how the EU have treated this once great country during negotiations, so feck em all
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 6:08 pm

Graiser wrote:
If it’s a second referendum (and I don’t think it will be) my vote will be the same and people I’ve spoken too, a few of which were remainers will also be voting out.
Most are seriously hacked off with how the EU have treated this once great country during negotiations, so feck em all

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyTue Mar 26, 2019 10:36 pm

Just watched Matt Berry and The Road to Brexit, very good. Loved the Drake family especially.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 6:19 pm

May to resign if her deal passes, followed by a leadership contest that would be an interesting tussle.

Boris was like the Cheshire cat leaving the 1922 meeting after that.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 7:31 pm

All efforts will now be focused on leadership struggle again. Which is basically what's been happening for the last three years, feck the lot of them I say.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 7:22 am

Well that went well with the indicative votes lol
JRM changes sides once again and now will follow the DUP you're couldnt make this shit up
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 9:39 am

I'll back any deal if Parliament is dissolved permanently.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 10:03 am

Rees Mogg has always said he would go along with the DUP.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 1:58 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Rees Mogg has always said he would go along with the DUP.

The DUP are sticking to their guns and won't budge an inch, staunch unionists to the end and many will agree with them.

If May fails to get her deal passed tomorrow (and that looks highly likely), she should walk rather than stay  on - she has been a fecking disaster from day one if the truth be known. I have heard that Gove is being touted as the next leader ?.

The EU are throwing arms up in despair after the indictive votes took place.

This is all like the comedy show Soap..
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 11:12 pm

The MPs can pontificate until the cows come home, Bercrow can manipulate the rules to stop any progress as much as he likes but it seems the EU want to know what the feck is going on much as the public do. Tomorrow night the EU might just say goodbye, farewell. In all the senseless posturing everybody seems to have forgotten our departure date is less than a day away. Time for a referendum?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 7:37 am

As May will lose today (can't see any other outcome), we can look forward to the process of indicative votes again on Monday - great.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 9:14 am

Could well be a no deal exit on April 12th.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 10:09 am

Or another year of this shite. MPs have had three years and THE most damaging thing for us is uncertainty, why would we entertain anther year of this misery? If MPs can't decide in three years what makes anybody think another year wil make a difference?
I think another election is unavoidable now, I think a Tory wil win the election under a let's leave the EU manifesto but with a small majority maybe even made up of the DUP once more, then back to commons to yell and boo at each other for another nine months or so whilst letting the country wither and die.
The whole lot of them should be sacked.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 3:29 pm

Happy no Brexit day everyone
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Just revoke for christs sake lol
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 4:25 pm

Don't worry there are miles of roads to keep kicking this can down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next