Punchdrunk
Innocent Egbunike
Earwegoagain
sufferedsince 68
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Brents Legacy. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 9:02 am

Big Robby wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
No, not one bit - but at the same time I don’t believe that malaise comes purely from Bradley and Threlkeld departing - which is essentially the net loss from a side that finished 7th last season.

Do we really think the budget is bottom 4 in the division? Does anyone actually know? Despoti says top 10, Harve says bottom 3.

Toe-mayto/tomato

According to Sky last season our budget was around 16th highest in League 1. This was supposedly increased by Brent this season but cant really see it being much more so were probably between 12-15th highest in the league. Take out Portsmouth Sunderland and Peterboro maybe and there really shouldnt be anyone else in League 1 with a much bigger budget than us but you know thats no the case. I was hopeful of a statement of intent from the Hallets but it appears that the grandstand refurb is the be all and end all of everything. We play Rovers next week who are also struggling. If we get spanked were in big shit unless somehow DA can turn it round like last season. We were crap at Rovers last season and then turned it around so Im not calling for Adams head yet

The budget figures are shared with the Football League so the 16th highest budget is a matter of record regardless of what some believe on ehre. When questioned about it this season at a fans Q&A earlier this season, Adams suggested he expected his budget to rise but it would be relative to everyone elses in the division. However he wouldn't know for sure until September.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 9:35 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
No, not one bit - but at the same time I don’t believe that malaise comes purely from Bradley and Threlkeld departing - which is essentially the net loss from a side that finished 7th last season.

Do we really think the budget is bottom 4 in the division? Does anyone actually know? Despoti says top 10, Harve says bottom 3.

Toe-mayto/tomato

According to Sky last season our budget was around 16th highest in League 1. This was supposedly increased by Brent this season but cant really see it being much more so were probably between 12-15th highest in the league. Take out Portsmouth Sunderland and Peterboro maybe and there really shouldnt be anyone else in League 1 with a much bigger budget than us but you know thats no the case. I was hopeful of a statement of intent from the Hallets but it appears that the grandstand refurb is the be all and end all of everything. We play Rovers next week who are also struggling. If we get spanked were in big shit unless somehow DA can turn it round like last season. We were crap at Rovers last season and then turned it around so Im not calling for Adams head yet

The budget figures are shared with the Football League so the 16th highest budget is a matter of record regardless of what some believe on ehre. When questioned about it this season at a fans Q&A earlier this season, Adams suggested he expected his budget to rise but it would be relative to everyone elses in the division. However he wouldn't know for sure until September.

If it's a matter of record, any idea where the record is....cos i've been searching and can't find it anywhere. Think it's something that needs to be put to bed on a factual basis.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 9:50 am

It's obviously confidential but the football league authorities will have all the figures for the purposes of monitoring ffp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 10:24 am

Les Miserable wrote:
It's obviously confidential but the football league authorities will have all the figures for the purposes of monitoring ffp.

Also at this level the salary cap applies.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 10:57 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Big Robby wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

Toe-mayto/tomato

If it's a matter of record, any idea where the record is....cos i've been searching and can't find it anywhere. Think it's something that needs to be put to bed on a factual basis.

Facts and proof we don't have but you'd have to be blind and deaf to ignore the evidence that points to the team being starved of funds in favour of property speculation.
The saddest thing for me is that our new dawn is going to be blighted by the Brent legacy with the usual suspects crowing about year on year improvemenet whilst blaming this season on Adams. We are where we are because of Brent.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 5:30 pm

So it isn’t a matter of record then? I don’t dispute that Brent favours property speculation over team/club investment - and i’m glad he’s going - but it is as blind and deaf to suggest that the current situation of 2 points and 24th is all on Brent. Nothing in life is that black and white.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 6:49 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
So it isn’t a matter of record then? I don’t dispute that Brent favours property speculation over team/club investment - and i’m glad he’s going - but it is as blind and deaf to suggest that the current situation of 2 points and 24th is all on Brent. Nothing in life is that black and white.

Why is it that tiny clubs with a couple of thousand fans find it difficult if not impossible to stay in league 1? Because they don't have the budget. Shore big clubs with big budgets do feck up and go the same way us included. Adams cannot perform miracles with a lower table budget year in year out. I think there is a malaise around the club but I blame the poor performances caused by the poor budget having a knock on effect. It's all about the budget, well at least eighty per cent is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 10:52 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:

It is a matter of record as player/budget figures are recorded.

Derek Adams said recently at a fans event that he had one of the lowest budgets in the division, it was improved this year but it was relative to the larger budgets of some of the new teams in the division. He added he wouldn’t know for certain until the figures were made available in October.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Hows the Brent Statue fund doing?
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 10:40 pm

Dear God no!!!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 2:34 am

People seem to forget that he saved us and he's building us an Ice Rink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 7:03 am

This made us laugh last week while sauntering through the Soweto area of the park. Clearly the squire has got everything in hand Pat. Why else would such a banner be displayed ? Probably run up by the Argyle Displays bunch. Community propaganda at it's finest  Very Happy
What was it Kevin Costner once said ? ..... Build it and they will come
Higher Home Park... Field of broken dreams and promises.

This little quote stood out for me on the new "plymouthpirates" website.

"With the EIHA Registration complete the new training schedule is now finalized.  We will be traveling to Cardiff until our new rink is completed."
Poor loves will be shattered with all those trips to Cardiff. Still, the sports gear company involved are helping out by kindly sending one of their officials to a training session to show eveyone their catalogue of custom sticks and gloves. Words fail me. LOL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 8:00 am

^^

Will never be built Bees along with any of the rest of his pie in the sky shit. He wont risk any money he's personally got left and there's not a banker left in the country that will entertain the gormless buffoon to even a cup of coffee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 8:23 am

You may well be right Harve. The very thought of brent actually producing anything useful to man or beast in the physical world the rest of us inhabit, is risible.
Including Hallett's cash, he may now have accumulated enough dosh into his pot to have made the whole sorry mess worthwhile, what with the pavilion car park money and the extra trenche of parkland appropriated on top. Gotta be an overall return into the millions. Can't wait for the ice rink exit strategy. Will it be a classic aggressive Oldway manoeuvre or a conciliatory cut and run ironic I've set up the pieces for others to finish off routine. I reckon the latter. And I bet the vets practice are wondering what on earth is their future, as plainly brent won't be building any hotel either.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 9:11 am

*Travelling*

Hallett out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 9:23 am

Indeed Les, thought I'd just cut and paste direct from the new plywood pirates website. And that's before we discuss the merits of "finalized". I smell Amuuuuuricans,
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 9:34 am

beesrus wrote:
This made us laugh last week while sauntering through the Soweto area of the park. Clearly the squire has got everything in hand Pat. Why else would such a banner be displayed ? Probably run up by the Argyle Displays bunch. Community propaganda at it's finest  Very Happy

"With the EIHA Registration complete the new training schedule is now finalized.  We will be traveling to Cardiff until our new rink is completed."
Poor loves will be shattered with all those trips to Cardiff. Still, the sports gear company involved are helping out by kindly sending one of their officials to a training session to show eveyone their catalogue of custom sticks and gloves. Words fail me. LOL

should rip it down and burn it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 9:48 am

This also made me laugh on the path up to Home Park. Clearly Sir Frank has been moonlighting on his way to the footy. Central Park is a real hub these days of competing ideology and propagaaaaaaanda. Stickers here banners there, who will win our hearts and minds.... Sir Frank, Punchy and TG, or Lord Jim ? LOL

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 12:19 pm

Despite heartily endorsing the message I am not in any way responsible for this stickering.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 1:27 pm

his legacy is one of austerity, why spend my money when others can instead, looking after mates, alienating a huge section of the fanbase due to favouring another, not giving a shit about the football,

eeee save us for the carpark which he has now lost
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 3:50 pm

Brent took over when we were a basket case L2 club with decrepit stadium and he's left us a basket case L2 club with a decrepit stadium.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 4:09 pm

Freathy wrote:
Brent took over when we were a basket case L2 club with decrepit stadium and he's left us a basket case L2 club with a decrepit stadium.

It will come to pass and I think well all have to grin and bear the inevitable relegation at least content in the knowledge that even the apologists will have a hard time in painting Barents tenure as anything but a total failiure.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 16, 2018 4:11 pm

beesrus wrote:

That really is stunning LMFAO. The Plymouth Pirates (would be a better name for Akkeron really) are the next Brent business who can adopt the next Seven More Years chant.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 29, 2018 5:04 pm

How much have you raised for Brents Statue, Xthrobber? geek geek geek
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 5:18 pm

He lowered expectations, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Little akkeron argo with ten thousand fans cant compete in the third division.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brents Legacy.   Brents Legacy. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Brents Legacy.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next