sufferedsince 68
Sir Francis Drake
Bob Crow
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RegGreen

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Cos I believe they are a limited company and not a charity as some believe
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 6:12 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Jethro wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Jethro wrote:
Someone put 50k into the pot ?  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Yep builder guy and few of his mates I understand £10,000 each as well
I was lost for words. Apparently he was relaxed about it no worries blah blah blah fair play to him for that I must say. 

Puts into perspective the 1/50th of that which the AFT are investing.

I crunched the numbers over this 5 year period with the interest using assumed capital required and then full repayment after 5 years
I hope McGuire knows what hes doing as he'll need to be taking decent bucks 7 days a week make no mistake to achieve it

Keyman insurance for that capital sum for someone his age will cost a small fortune on top

Even 50k split in to 10k each...  
Shows how duluded our fans are .
For a shipping container.
feck me.

No I meant one guy put in £50000 on his own and few other guys £10,000 each as well

on his own ? is he mental wtf....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 6:17 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Limited to those that like to happy clap Jimmy! any bar should be open to all not just the Fanny Festers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 6:25 pm

Well done Reg, tell it as it is.. Expose the sham taverners for what they are. They've knowingly given the impression to passers-by and uninformed fans of a charidee for years, as so may cons do, even with the name itself with the obvious connotations, outrageous behaviour, and not a morsel of regret or contrition. They deserve their worried silence, clearly concerned about the change of head honcho at PAFC Speculations.
But they needn't worry, this latest hiccup may well be forgotten in a trice, as soon as the new majority owner Hallett has inked his wishes and passed his dollars. Nobody knows for certain the direction of travel "under" Hallett, until he breaks his silence and adds some proper detail. His plans re the taverner portacabin may well be exactly the same as Akkeron Man. If I were Hallett, I would ditch the whole Taverner portacabin nonsense, adopt a PAFC Man persona, apologise for the very idea, and start again.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 6:44 pm

Right on Bees, agree ditch all that Portakabin crap and start again. All
hope for this football club now rests on whether Hallett and Felwick have the balls to do things right for PAFC after decades of village short sightedness.
We can only hope.
flower
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Agree with the bheys, no Exclusive bar just a club run bar for all argo fans, lets hope Si is listning to the community.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 7:12 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Agree with the bheys, no Exclusive bar just a club run bar for all argo fans, lets hope Si is listning to the community.

That has to be the benchmark for any new owner coming in that is serious about running the club for the right reasons.

The whole culture of the super-fan needs to be removed once and for all.

Maybe if they can disband the Senior Greens and the Green Taverners, expunge the poisonous Oafs in receipt of AAA passes then maybe then the divisions among supporters can start to heal.

It will take at least couple of years though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 7:38 pm

Wooah there Suffers. A bit of qualification needed here on my part. While the superfan thing is a new tatty internet phenomena, there has always been a them and us attitude on that side of the ground and that isn't even under question with the main reasoning behind the mankover.. Leaving out the obvious new extended Green room type/corp/ meal/entertainment routine that is planned "under the grandstand", the Far Post club always had someone on the door on match days stopping people who weren't members. Absolutely that needs to stop, but this new facility has to be "inside the stadium" with match tickets purchased.... confirmed Argyle fans there for the game. That is not the same as having public access of a licensed facility outside the stadium, outside the match day, for the other 340 days a year. That non match day boozing, if it is outside the stadium perimeter such as the taverner suite tent was, has to be members only/tickets purchased,  or it's nothing but a "pub" and nothing to do with argyle fans whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 8:33 pm

RegGreen wrote:
But is that GTs/Gary maguire pulling up any of there own money or just other people’s in all this ???

I can only say so often that my involvement with all of this is minimal before going insane but my involvement with all of this is minimal.

You are asking the wrong person because I don't know. I have told you everything I know.

Try asking him and you may get somewhere; keep asking me and you won't.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 8:43 pm

RegGreen wrote:

The new bar's financial arrangements are sound and have been legally scrutinised.

It is being set up as a member's club much like any other social club and will have a constitution and so on. In fact it is very reminiscent of the legal structure that AFT has. It will be neither a plc nor a charity, I think.

I'm afraid once again that is as far as I can go. Not because I am holding out but because I don't know and have had very little interest in finding out about it.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 10:24 pm

I do think the GT’s at the very least have a moral obligation as far as Trust members go here. Unlike singular (albeit larger) investors, the Trusts decision to use Trust money in this way means that instantly there are hundreds Trust members to which the building of this structure becomes monetarily relevant.

It’s just the silence over what the actual fcuk is going on, is rather deafening.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
But is that GTs/Gary maguire pulling up any of there own money or just other people’s in all this ???

I can only say so often that my involvement with all of this is minimal before going insane but my involvement with all of this is minimal.

You are asking the wrong person because I don't know. I have told you everything I know.

I take that as a No then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 11:14 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

I take that as a No then Very Happy

I don't know either way but take it how you like.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 1:20 am

Czarcasm wrote:
I do think the GT’s at the very least have a moral obligation as far as Trust members go here. Unlike singular (albeit larger) investors, the Trusts decision to use Trust money in this way means that instantly  there are hundreds Trust members to which the building of this structure becomes monetarily relevant.

It’s just the silence over what the actual fcuk is going on, is rather deafening.

To the tune of about a pound twenty per person?   Still, probably more than what Brent has got in?

LOl. I wanna know which trust members will get the golden green ticket(s) that allows those who have 'invested' to enter the hallowed house of the GT's?

Chairman Bob will 'ave 'em up on Pasoti.   Nool's slobbering in anticipation... "Auction or Raffle peeps"?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 2:43 am

This is why anyone who has invested money in the GTs concept should be screaming from the rooftops wheres my money and what are you doing

Article of 29th January 2018 with GTs claiming work would start within 8-10 weeks.  Yet in August 2018 they hadnt even put in a planning application for the shipping container

As Czar says above the silence is deafening. More to the point how they going to fill it 7 days a week. The FP had been running well over 30 years with members before the decision to close on non match days from lack of money over the tills

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In fact if you want another laugh read this one. Clearly they dont know what they're actually doing and make it up as they go along mind you they got that from Brent

However Jon Back put to bed who can actually use the new shipping containers on the 30th April 2018

"Argyle Head of Operations, Jon Back, the club’s Project Manager for the rebuild, said: “This is another huge step forward as we continue with our programme that will see fantastic new facilities available to every member of the Green Army.

So there you go. Anyone of us can go along on a match day and be admitted

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 8:46 am

I'm not a member of the trust and I've got no interest in entering the shipping container whatsoever but if I was I'd certainly like to know where my money was going.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 9:10 am

Seems to be a theme at Akkeron Argo "where's the money going?"
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 9:47 am

Rickler wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
I do think the GT’s at the very least have a moral obligation as far as Trust members go here. Unlike singular (albeit larger) investors, the Trusts decision to use Trust money in this way means that instantly  there are hundreds Trust members to which the building of this structure becomes monetarily relevant.

To the tune of about a pound twenty per person?   Still, probably more than what Brent has got in?

LOl. I wanna know which trust members will get the golden green ticket(s) that allows those who have 'invested' to enter the hallowed house of the GT's?

Chairman Bob will 'ave 'em up on Pasoti.   Nool's slobbering in anticipation...  "Auction or Raffle peeps"?

lol! laugh
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 9:53 am

P.O.I wrote:
akagreengull wrote:
The future is bright the future is Portakabin.

You mean Permakabin!
your both wrong according to porky there modular buildings laugh
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 11:14 am

If you remember when the new Portakabin 'Superstore' and offices were dropped into place Back the highly qualified project manager commented that the new modular buildings "could last up to thirty years" (quote).

There is a clue in there somewhere. btb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 11:34 am

When I visit Argyle I might want a pint or 3 probably stick to James Street Vaults as close to station but would be nice to think I could grab up at the ground but isn’t looking likely under this membership system being planned - agree it should be built by the club and to repay the costs profits back into the coffers. Everything has to be so convoluted with this club - keep it simple Si!!
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 11:55 am

What are the odds that it won't be boring beers, kept badly, regardless of who is let in?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 1:19 pm

MikeWN wrote:
What are the odds that it won't be boring beers, kept badly, regardless of who is let in?

Tbf, give the standard fan fest clientele a pint of Hofmeister or Worthington shite and they’re beyond grateful.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 1:26 pm

akagreengull wrote:
If you remember when the new Portakabin 'Superstore' and offices were dropped into place Back the highly qualified project manager commented that the new modular buildings "could last up to thirty years" (quote).

There is a clue in there somewhere down . btb
remember the quote from bungerlow back lasts up to 30 years that was just him trying to big up the shit And his way of telling us that there was more portocabin shite to come unfortunately GG moral to this story never trust a word a copper or a ex copper says Very Happy
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 1:31 pm

I don't Reg, believe me I don't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 34 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 34 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 40  Next