Sir Francis Drake
Bob Crow
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Iv'e got a very good idea who it is.

Cool
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Any news on Gary McGuires GTs shipping container bar which should have been up and running 2 months ago
To think that the AFT had the brass neck to want to invest members money in that fiasco as well

If the AFT invest a single penny in McGuire's members only bar then that will be the final straw for me.

They've decided to 'invest'  a grand in the GT bar (without listening to their membership). One of the reasons I cancelled my subscription.

AFT membership was consulted via email, asked to complete a Survey Monkey poll and approved the investment over-whelmingly.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not investing would have been "not listening to their membership".

The situation you describe, so far as AFT goes, is completely and utterly as wrong as it could be.

Thanks for that Franny.

Will be cancelling my AFT membership with immediate effect.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Any news on Gary McGuires GTs shipping container bar which should have been up and running 2 months ago
To think that the AFT had the brass neck to want to invest members money in that fiasco as well

If the AFT invest a single penny in McGuire's members only bar then that will be the final straw for me.

They've decided to 'invest'  a grand in the GT bar (without listening to their membership). One of the reasons I cancelled my subscription.

AFT membership was consulted via email, asked to complete a Survey Monkey poll and approved the investment over-whelmingly.

The situation you describe, so far as AFT goes, is completely and utterly as wrong as it could be.

Where is this in the thread, approved the investment over-whelmingly.

Following consultation with our members, the Argyle Fans’ Trust will be investing £1,000 in the Green Taverners’ initiative to replace the Far Post Club. We believe this will be a wonderful improvement on facilities for our fans and applaud Gary and his team for all the hard work thy have put into this project already.
Back to top Go down
Yea Man

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 7:54 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

What was the percentage of the membership who voted yes and no?

Just for clarity.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 7:55 pm

Just for Clarity I was and still am a member but was never consulted over this.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:16 pm

the club stooge is in charge of the trust again.

enough said
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:23 pm

The email was sent by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to all current (at the time) members at 11:48 on 12/6/18.

It said:

"The AFT is considering making an investment into the Green Taverners project to build a new Supporters Bar at Home Park. Are you in favour of AFT funds being used in this way?"

There was then a link to click which went to Survey Monkey entitled "GT Bar Survey".

It was not my project and the results were relayed to us at a meeting so I am unable to find the responses at present. From memory it was something like 85% in favour, a few abstentions and 10% against.

AFT members who voted (and you were all emailed) voted over-whelmingly to invest in the GT bar.

No other rational interpretation is possible.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:26 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

PM me your name and address and I will check your membership status.

In the meantime check your junk box for an email sent 12/6/18 as described above.

Every current member at the time that we have an email for was sent the email.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:26 pm

I cannot speak for anyone else but personally I cannot find any emails from the trust about giving away money to fund McGuire's members only bar.

It may only be 1k but that's beside the point.

Maybe the email ended up in my spam folder maybe not.

What i do find repugnant and disturbing is that so many were happy at the drop of a hat to give money away to something that does not directly benefit them.

Unless of course they were already members of the senior greens/Green taverners Cabal in the first place.

The Trust has lost all it's credibility in my opinion by kow towing to them.

Last edited by Punchdrunk on Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:27 pm

If the mythical gt bar ever gets built (no sign at the mo) will it be a proper bricks and mortar proper job or a couple of portacabins stacked up?
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

PM me your name and address and I will check your membership status.

In the meantime check your junk box for an email sent 12/6/18 as described above.

Every current member at the time that we have an email for was sent the email.

My Junk box gets deleted first thing every morning. It's the first thing I do daily.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:28 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:

Nor I.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
The email was sent by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to all current (at the time) members at 11:48 on 12/6/18.

It said:

"The AFT is considering making an investment into the Green Taverners project to build a new Supporters Bar at Home Park. Are you in favour of AFT funds being used in this way?"

There was then a link to click which went to Survey Monkey entitled "GT Bar Survey".

It was not my project and the results were relayed to us at a meeting so I am unable to find the responses at present. From memory it was something like 85% in favour, a few abstentions and 10% against.

AFT members who voted (and you were all emailed) voted over-whelmingly to invest in the GT bar.

No other rational interpretation is possible.

So what percentage voted?

And.... Has the thousand pounds been paid to the GT's yet? What are they saying about the project? When is it starting etc?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Can I respectfully suggest that everybody is responsible for their own inboxes and that it might be good idea to add [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to the safe list if they wish to receive emails from us?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 9:29 pm

I am currently unable to supply further details.

I will look into it and post them when I am able to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 9:56 pm

I take it as given seeing as sfd as returned to his babararacucudada days with the arrogant replies he is on the trust board
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 10:17 pm

These are not arrogant replies.

Your inbox is your responsibility.

There are hundreds of variations between email clients and email providers before we have any input into the process.

All we can do is send the emails. It is up to you to read them.

I consider this to be more obvious than arrogant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 10:22 pm

I joined again last year but can’t wait till they ask for the subs - this club is falling apart now, no fuckin backbone in the fanbase!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 10:44 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
These are not arrogant replies.

Your inbox is your responsibility.

There are hundreds of variations between email clients and email providers before we have any input into the process.

All we can do is send the emails. It is up to you to read them.

I consider this to be more obvious than arrogant.

My point proven Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2018 11:17 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
I cannot speak for anyone else but personally I cannot find any emails from the trust about giving away money to fund McGuire's members only bar.

It may only be 1k but that's beside the point.

Maybe the email ended up in my spam folder maybe not.

What i do find repugnant and disturbing is that so many were happy at the drop of a hat to give money away to something that does not directly benefit them.

Unless of course they were already members of the senior greens/Green taverners Cabal in the first place.

The Trust has lost all it's credibility in my opinion by kow towing to them.

This is not giving money away.

It is an investment.

The £1000 will be returned over the course of 5 years along with 5% interest.

It is not a gift.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:32 am

The worry here is if the maguire mank  gets built, they can be booted out after 5 years. Add to that the building has been designed to be moved in 5 minutes with a crane and a spanner. That lease has got to be viewed with suspicion, especially as it was dreamed up by the property speculator.
The Far Post was always a members only club, and there is no precedent or call for a "pub" in the park. It's slap bang in the middle of the driest area this side of Mars. I like a drink of alcohol myself, but I don't want to see a pub on every corner, especially in a park, and especially not one that is no more than a "Sky sports pub" .
A big number of any south coast football club fans' trust members will be naturally to the right of Gengis Khan, that's how footy is, but rather different to the majority of Plymouth residents. The AFT membership would vote for a 50 ft statue of brent and the transfer of half their membership fees to his pension pot if asked.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 5:42 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
If the mythical gt bar ever gets built (no sign at the mo) will it be a proper bricks and mortar proper job or a couple of portacabins stacked up?

Why doesn't this Gary McGuire character post an update here. Am sure the builder who put in £50,000 would be delighted to know whats happening but as is widely known the GT's had their eyes well and truely opened whilst dealing with Brent albeit when it was far too late
Back to top Go down
#SHITARTIST

#SHITARTIST

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 6:48 am

Angry wrote:
I take it as given seeing as sfd as returned to his babararacucudada days with the arrogant replies he is on the trust board

In SFD's defence, it shouldn't be too hard for anyone to check their own emails, spam or otherwise.
I don't think the Trust can be held responsible for that.

Just to add im not a member and certainly wouldn't be in favour of investing anything with the GTs.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 7:01 am

beesrus wrote:

The Far Post was always a members only club, and there is no precedent or call for a "pub" in the park. It's slap bang in the middle of the driest area this side of Mars. I like a drink of alcohol myself, but I don't want to see a pub on every corner, especially in a park, and especially not one that is no more than a "Sky sports pub" .

This "Pub in the Park" that you talk about...

Would that be 'Home' or 'Central'?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 8:26 am

The Erald propaganda dept working overtime today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next