harvetheslayer
Dingle
akagreengull
lawnmowerman
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 12:54 pm

MikeWN wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
Alot of works going on close to the start of the 2019 season then.
As POI has already said it just screams of delays.

With Bungo Back as project manager you just know a fiasco will occur

Bungo is ably assisted by Brent’s daughter. What could possibly go wrong?

Are you serious?  What are her qualifications, or is she Back's regular assistant?

Surely a question that needs to be asked. You can't just rack up with any old PM or APM on a project of this, or any size come to think about it.

Well, you can, but it doesn't mean that it's going to go well.

My first job as a 20yr-old was with a construction project management firm, and I was told that to be a good PM you need to know a little bit about a lot. So as well as the obvious organisational skills, the Argyle PM team are going to have to know enough about all the relevant trades and professions to tell whether someone is peeing on their shoes, and telling them it's raining.

TBH I've seen construction professionals make a pig's ear of project management, and first time amateurs smash it, but you definitely have better odds if you appoint a pro with a good track record.

I know that correct form for ATD is snarkiness and mildly insulting nicknames, but I wouldn't want to be doing that job, so good luck to John Back and his assistant.

Well, fair play to them if they pull it off. If they do, I suppose we'll never know if it was luck, skill, or on a wing and a pig prayer! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 12:58 pm

If they do pull it off it'll be a First For Brent and they deserve every plaudit going.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 1:06 pm

P.O.I wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

Are you serious?  What are her qualifications, or is she Back's regular assistant?

Surely a question that needs to be asked. You can't just rack up with any old PM or APM on a project of this, or any size come to think about it.

My first job as a 20yr-old was with a construction project management firm, and I was told that to be a good PM you need to know a little bit about a lot. So as well as the obvious organisational skills, the Argyle PM team are going to have to know enough about all the relevant trades and professions to tell whether someone is peeing on their shoes, and telling them it's raining.

TBH I've seen construction professionals make a pig's ear of project management, and first time amateurs smash it, but you definitely have better odds if you appoint a pro with a good track record.

I know that correct form for ATD is snarkiness and mildly insulting nicknames, but I wouldn't want to be doing that job, so good luck to John Back and his assistant.

Well, fair play to them if they pull it off. If they do, I suppose we'll never know if it was luck, skill, or on a wing and a pig prayer! Shocked

I'd love to know if Back volunteered (which suggests that he either has skills we don't know about, an inflated view of his talents, or doesn't know what he's letting himself in for) or was press-ganged to save the professional fees.

I haven't read every press release though. Maybe he's Argyle's PM, like a client liaison, and there will be a professional PM involved too?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 1:40 pm

^^^

Well he better know what he's doing because hardened trades people, scaffolders, riggers, labourers will just rip the piss if the "chargehand" is not in complete control and respected.
The minute that turns out not be the case is the minute this will turn into a fiasco way beyond the ongoing farce we have seen to date
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 2:31 pm

MikeWN wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

I'd love to know if Back volunteered (which suggests that he either has skills we don't know about, an inflated view of his talents, or doesn't know what he's letting himself in for) or was press-ganged to save the professional fees.

I haven't read every press release though. Maybe he's Argyle's PM, like a client liaison, and there will be a professional PM involved too?

The only skill we've seen in any abundance from Bungo is arselicking.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 2:33 pm

Whoops the first to actually digest whats been displayed as regards the changing rooms

Page 6

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 4:07 pm

What part will Tony Hopwood play in all this. I assume he'g got some relevant qualifications after his sterling work for PCC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 4:52 pm

Dingle wrote:
What part will Tony Hopwood play in all this.  I assume he'g got some relevant qualifications after his sterling work for PCC.
He makes a mean cup of tea..... popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 5:54 pm

Good to see the refurb has started, and the schedule published ... Management all signed up ... hard to find any negatives. Nice to see ATD is concentrating on football matters on the main page.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 6:16 pm

Nik wrote:
Good to see the refurb has started, and the schedule published ... Management all signed up ... hard to find any negatives. Nice to see ATD is concentrating on football matters on the main page.
The mankover is embarrasing and tacky, Brent/Akkeron still owns the club, The five year contract is reckless in the extreme, and your mate Knobber is still Club Jester, plenty to be negative about i would say.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Nik wrote:

How many years is it that the fans have to pay off the cost of the refurb?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 9:27 pm

Nik wrote:

ATD moderators and Nik, in harmony.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 10:43 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Nik wrote:

How many years is it that the fans have to pay off the cost of the refurb?

Only 30.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 10:52 pm

We run everything past Nik first.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyThu May 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Harmony doesn't need agreement, it just is.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 3:15 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
MikeWN wrote:
P.O.I wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Homeslice wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:

The only skill we've seen in any abundance from Bungo is arselicking.

Corporate stylee !
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 6:13 am

Nik wrote:

Nik play nicely you know damn well the refurb has not started.
No contract signed as you well know and the earliest expected mid June
Raft of planning conditions completely undischarged and until they are only enablement work can be completed

Ohh he'll get round to it witness finally deciding on May 22nd after 5 months that it needs attention. The Planning officer is well aware though why Brent is only attempting to satisfy 8 out of the 10 conditions and further delay work only he knows

Course all of that could have been avoided by having a stand alone application for the refurb but Jimmy knows best

As for the schedule that you mention the changing rooms had to be completed literally 8 weeks from now. You can see yourself its now not "scheduled" until February of 2019 so its a sure bet that wont get finished until the season has ended.

Portacabins and hot tubs for the players ??

Management all signed up ??   Project manager  ?? What the club secretary  ??  

In addition what this about Brents daughter (Rebecca ?) assisting Back she has project manager experience as well perhaps  ??

You can go and tell Jimmy and your mate Nool that we cant stop this cheap manky clusterfuck which the supporters have to pay for until 2048 (so plenty of our childrens children paying for it) but Lord Akkeron will be abiding to the planning application decision and conditions to the letter with no pun intended.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 6:58 am

Nik wrote:
laugh You've not gone into hiding like your mates twitter account! laugh
I'm coming up to Plymouth on sunday on a special mission.
I do hope Mr Newell ain't snooping around the CCTV room again. Don't think his heart could stand it. :pighug:
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 1:39 pm

Nik wrote:

The only negatives I can see is that we still have an owner in charge who is more interested in his own businesses than Argyle, once he starts any of his projects who knows what his plans are for the club and even the corners of the ground?
After Brent was allowed to asset strip the car park for his own needs the club risks being boxed in limiting any expansion in the future.
Also with your mate Nool having access to Home Park and all our details it seems as if Brent, who lets face it must know what Nool gets up to, is prepared to turn a blind eye to it all. Brent's friendship with Nool and his refusal to curb his divisive and bullying behaviour speaks volumes and to me makes him as guilty of the bullying as Nool is. I think the club will never really garner the support needed to push us towards our full potential with Brent at the helm assisted by his attack pig.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 2:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Nik wrote:

The only negatives I can see is that we still have an owner in charge who is more interested in his own businesses than Argyle, once he starts any of his projects who knows what his plans are for the club and even the corners of the ground?
After Brent was allowed to asset strip the car park for his own needs the club risks being boxed in limiting any expansion in the future.
Also with your mate Nool having access to Home Park and all our details it seems as if Brent, who lets face it must know what Nool gets up to, is prepared to turn a blind eye to it all. Brent's friendship with Nool and his refusal to curb his divisive and bullying behaviour speaks volumes and to me makes him as guilty of the bullying as Nool is. I think the club will never really garner the support needed to push us towards our full potential with Brent at the helm assisted by his attack pig.
I do wonder what the 'smoking gun' is?
Was there an almighty party just after the club exited Admin?
were there "pictures" taken?
popcorn
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Nik wrote:

"Attack pig"
laugh :pighug:
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 9:07 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:

In addition what this about Brents daughter (Rebecca ?) assisting Back she has project manager experience as well perhaps  ??

Natasha?  The same Natasha Brent (Akkeron Group) who attended a meeting with PADSA last October?

Back to top Go down
Dingle

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptyFri May 25, 2018 10:04 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptySat May 26, 2018 1:46 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Natasha?  The same Natasha Brent (Akkeron Group) who attended a meeting with PADSA last October?

Within that PDF is this:

5) Are they to be accessible unisex toilets?
The disabled toilets will be unisex. Further, there are unisex toilets (not disabled) proposed for the upper concourse of the new grandstand

A nightmare for the male fans.  Anytime Women are involved in going to the toilets, the wait time becomes much, much longer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 EmptySat May 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Just how long has the Akkeron group website been "under site maintenance"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Mankover all action Thread.   The Mankover all action Thread. - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Mankover all action Thread.
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next