RegGreen
Earwegoagain
Tgwu
Les Miserable
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Taylor injury - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 6:44 pm

I'm happy with Hugh's view. Talking with some others on here is like trying to read the spin on the ball. Is it a leg break or are you leaving a trailing finger for an effective googly. jocolor
All I can see is that Taylor is out again on Saturday, which is an unusual utterance days in advance. Up until now, I haven't seen Adams do the Ferguson thing. He's just straight up and down. It's all only speculation.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 6:54 pm

beesrus wrote:
I'm happy with Hugh's view. Talking with some others on here is like trying to read the spin on the ball. Is it a leg break or are you leaving a trailing finger for an effective googly. jocolor
All I can see is that Taylor is out again on Saturday, which is an unusual utterance days in advance. Up until now, I haven't seen Adams do the Ferguson thing. He's just straight up and down. It's all only speculation.

Yes, yes, quite agree.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 8:07 pm

beesrus wrote:
Well, I've relented and had a look at the article. It clearly says he's out on Saturday. It's irrelevant which ankle it is.
The give away for me is Adams' comment ... "It’s really in Ryan’s hands at this moment in time"
He didn't have to say that. A bit narked ? Who knows. We don't and nor does Adams. Taylor does have recovery issues, as the last couple of years have shown.
Without Taylor, Argyle might as well kiss goodbye to any play off ambitions, regardless of mind games with the opposition. His abilities have allowed others to shine.

When Adams says "Its in Ryan's hands at the moment", that clearly shows a frustration on Adams part, but also in turn it puts a bit of pressure on Taylor to (if at all possible) play through the pain barrier at some point.

What isn't good at all though is that for him to be ruled out 48 hrs before Saturdays game, it doesn't bode well for next Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 8:42 pm

I struggle to see an ulterior motive here, it's a non-story. Why would a player on the run we're on suddenly stop and not want to play? If it was for wages he could have stopped 6 weeks ago and what better shop window there is than 60k at Wembley for a play off final?

That's where you earn your move and make your memories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 8:45 pm

I agree with all of that. Could be a lack of trust betwixt Adams and Taylor.
I might be wrong, but I wouldn't mind betting Taylor's contract is up at the end of the season, and the last thing he will want is to put his future at risk by worsening a weakness so close to the end of the season and being out of a job. He knows from experience how long injuries can take to heal.  This is the sort of thing that short contracts bring to the fore. We all remember the ire between Seip and Sturrock when the player was having injections to keep him on the pitch. It caused a big bust up when that player's sacrifice was thrown back in his face.
If this is irritating Adams, then I would suggest he makes his players feel a little bit more secure by awarding longer term contracts. They might then take the odd risk. You get out what you put in. Taylor is no spring chicken. Man management is a two way street.

And if I were to add even more supposition to what the player might think..... his career to date would suggest that he has a problem stepping up to the championship. Wouldn't it be ironic to risk your fitness to help a club get promoted, only to be told he is not considered good enough for the second tier. On the other hand, League 1 next season for Argyle would see an almost certain offer of another contract for Taylor. Hey, nothing to stop the club doing a deal with Taylor now Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 9:37 pm

beesrus wrote:

I might be wrong, but I wouldn't mind betting Taylor's contract is up at the end of the season, and the last thing he will want is to put his future at risk by worsening a weakness so close to the end of the season and being out of a job. He knows from experience how long injuries can take to heal.  This is the sort of thing that short contracts bring to the fore.

Yep, because nothing improves your negotiating power like being known as someone who fakes an injury at a crucial time to the club. Just the sort of player every manager is dying to have on his team

You really do talk a bunch of nonsense. Everything is a conspiracy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 10:27 pm

The sodding bloke is injured get over it, some of you lot could create an argument in an empty room.
Back to top Go down
Chancellor

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2018 11:08 pm

Makasi out for rest of season now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:08 am

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:

I might be wrong, but I wouldn't mind betting Taylor's contract is up at the end of the season, and the last thing he will want is to put his future at risk by worsening a weakness so close to the end of the season and being out of a job. He knows from experience how long injuries can take to heal.  This is the sort of thing that short contracts bring to the fore.

Yep, because nothing improves your negotiating power like being known as someone who fakes an injury at a crucial time to the club.  Just the sort of player every manager is dying to have on his team

You really do talk a bunch of nonsense.  Everything is a conspiracy.

Reading what you want to see again, not what is actually written. Nothing to do with faking anything, just an employee making sure he doesn't risk an injury getting worse. Pro sport is full of shortened careers due to patch up jobs/injections etc to get through the next game. Let alone being incapacitated later in life as a result. Who would do such a thing with only a few weeks contract to run ?
Everything with you is all about thinking the worst of people. Try and put yourself in the player's position, rather than some desk jockey.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:20 am

The worst in people?  You're the one suggesting Taylor is faking an injury won't "worsen a weakness" purely for personal selfish (financial) gain.  Like to see you tell him that to his face!

What is actually there is a player injured.

Everything else is the waffle of a looney (you) who sees absolutely nothing at face value. Ever.

Anyway...  Congratulations.  You've gone more than three posts without mentioning Hallet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 2:27 am

You read straight forward words and keep getting it wrong. So, again, I am saying the player has every right to look after his own body, even if it upsets his line manager or employer. It's quite obvious in your mind, not mine, than an employee saying he can't work because of health reasons is somehow throwing a sickie. It's Adams' problem, not Taylor's.
Sort yourself out.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 3:25 am

beesrus wrote:
You read straight forward words and keep getting it wrong. So, again, I am saying the player has every right to look after his own body, even if it upsets his line manager or employer. It's quite obvious in your mind, not mine, than an employee saying he can't work because of health reasons is somehow throwing a sickie. It's Adams' problem, not Taylor's.
Sort yourself out.

"Looking after your own body" is a long way from this:

beesrus wrote:
Maybe he's got a good offer elsewhere for next season and doesn't want to risk injury.

You got to the stage you don't know what you're saying.  

Sort yourself out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 4:06 am

I'm darn sure he'll be looking for what offers are out there, just like every other player who is out of contract, and I'm darn sure he is well aware that aggravating the injury he has won't help his cause. To refuse to play when he is not fit enough is rather different than throwing a sickie. But then you're too thick to see the nuance. You're blinded with hate of people with differing opinion from you. Sort yourself out.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 5:31 am

So now he's "refusing to play because he's not fit enough"?

You really do make this crap up as you go along don't you....

...and you're telling me sort myself out?  Have a word...
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 am

Time for Derek to work some magic with limited resources (again), it makes one wonder where the money is going.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 am

Graiser wrote:
The sodding bloke is injured get over it, some of you lot could create an argument in an empty room.

Spoken to him have you?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 11:14 am

Taylor out, Makaski out Church has hardly even been in, Sarcevic returning from injury.... The cows are coming home to roost now. Some of us elder greens were warning in the summer that to be really competetive you need a squad and not just a team. When you have a squad you can rest players with knocks and niggles yet with the threadbare nature of our squad we have obviously had to play our best players with the result they have now broken down. We nearly made it such a shame for Adams and the team.
Ps I don't see the Taylor thing as anything else than an injury, he's been made to play too much since returning from a serious injury.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:12 pm

Changing the tone if not the subject, over on PASOTI a couple are openly wondering if James Brents record signing Blisset can be recalled from his loan, despite him showing zero aptitude for the role when he was given it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:17 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Changing the tone if not the subject, over on PASOTI a couple are openly wondering if James Brents record signing Blisset can be recalled from his loan, despite him showing zero aptitude for the role when he was given it.

TBF Huge desperate times call for desperate measures. Even the most culty of cultists must be realising the dream team was just that and we have no squad. The bench has had no one that can score a goal on it all season pretty well. Anyone can see that Grant is not the answer and who does that leave to fill Taylor's place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Graiser wrote:

No we don't. Laughing
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
no chance even though it’s loan deal and officially a argyle player still but has already signed a 2yr pre contract agreement with Macclesfield so there’s no chance he will be brought back...not league 1 level anyway he reminded me of bambi on ice when he his played lol!
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 2:24 pm

I realise that this a controversial statement to make but footballers do get injured from time to time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 2:35 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
I realise that this a controversial statement to make but footballers do get injured from time to time.

Yes but mananging to do your ankle whilst warming up just seems bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2018 6:14 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:

Yes but mananging to do your ankle whilst warming up just seems bizarre.

Broke my ankle walking across a flat bit of ground, turned my ankle FOOKIN great bang like a shovel handle snapping then a world of pain. Was told at the hospital that about half of broken ankles happen the same way.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 21, 2018 2:55 pm

Taylor out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor injury   Taylor injury - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Taylor injury
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next