The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bring the ear plugs

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 pm

greengenes wrote:
There's loads of places to move to . I'm all for encouraging the young . Sorry but thats how I see it . Cue abuse .

Why would there be abuse for posting your own opinion?

The point I feel is strong though is why should people who have been there for 10 years be forced to move?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 7:59 pm

OK. I'm now the owner for an hour.

I don't know where you sit, but you should move. Don't care if you're surrounded by your friends, or if you sit there because you firmly believe it's the best place to watch the match from. Off you go.

See how you like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:03 pm

Yea Man wrote:
greengenes wrote:
There's loads of places to move to . I'm all for encouraging the young . Sorry but thats how I see it . Cue abuse .

The point I feel is strong though is why should people who have been there for 10 years be forced to move?

I love change life without change is boring .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 pm

greengenes wrote:
Yea Man wrote:
greengenes wrote:

I love change life without change is boring .

That's change you choose. Not change imposed on you by other people.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:08 pm

Never fear, I'm sure the drums will soon fall silent after Southend bang in a couple and start to wipe the floor with us tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

greengenes wrote:

Yes so why dont Forze Verde move? A great idea if done properly, ie in block 16. This has always been the place for the young gobby gits!

In the Demport alot of people do not want to be involved in Forze Verde, and they were there first. WHy cant FOrze Verde move?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 pm

If the drumming is good it will improve the atmosphere no doubt. If it's crap it will be annoying as hell.

Been to a few summer solstices at Stonehenge and after a few drinks and smokes, the atmosphere in the middle of the stones is unlike anything I have ever experienced, stoned drunk or sober. BUT the people who are drumming the main beat that people join in with are awesome. If anyone has never been to Stonehenge on solstice night then I highly recommend it. Never any violence, everyone friendly and happy and when the sun rises through the stones the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. It does help if you like a herbal breakfast but it's not compulsory.

I understand that some people won't appreciate the drum, but if it's good and we start playing well/winning, then I reckon it won't get on peoples tits as much. If we go 2-0 down early and are playing like we have done recently then I can see someone chinning the drummer.

Doesn't look like the FV thing is going to end soon, but also doesn't look as though it's going to be anything spectacular, so to stop any arguments I really think it should be moved to Blocks 16 + 17 where it used to be accepted that singing and chanting takes place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Freathy wrote:
Never fear, I'm sure the drums will soon fall silent after Southend bang in a couple and start to wipe the floor with us tomorrow.

Id hate to be in the trenches with you . Ever considered,a career as a motivational speaker ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:21 pm

greengenes wrote:
I've never really understood this comment in any walk of life, let alone football. Are you saying people shouldn't be encouraged at Argyle when they're not young ? Do you see the problem with your statement GG ? Maybe that was the mistake Stapes made .... he said only one third of fans ere fully functioning full paying adults. Maybe encouragement of certain groups just didn't work over the long run.
A concerned marketing man.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Greenjock wrote:

Doesn't look like the FV thing is going to end soon, but also doesn't look as though it's going to be anything spectacular, so to stop any arguments I really think it should be moved to Blocks 16 + 17 where it used to be accepted that singing and chanting takes place.

Amen to that!

Block 16/17 has always been the lively part of the ground, you were expected to stand and chant whereas the Demport it's accepted that the back of the stand in block 3 is where the singers go but respect is given to the rest of the block who don't want to stand and sing.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 pm

It could be brilliant if it was in 16/17.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:23 pm

greengenes wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Id hate to be in the trenches with you . Ever considered,a career as a motivational speaker ?

Stop it gg, he's brilliant!

If he ever turns up at a FM, we'll all have to drink out of plastic 'glasses' in case he breaks one to cut his wrists. This is Freathy on a good day, he only said bang in a couple, he reckoned Crawley were going to tonk us 4-0.

What's made you so positive today Freathy?

Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Womble wrote:
greengenes wrote:

Yes so why dont Forze Verde move? A great idea if done properly, ie in block 16. This has always been the place for the young gobby gits!

In the Demport alot of people do not want to be involved in Forze Verde, and they were there first. WHy cant FOrze Verde move?

How far,do you want to go back ? The Devonport was always the singers spiritual home . Argyle teams always loved attacking the Devonport End for that very reason . But then Home Park became a cosy sterilized bowl .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:28 pm

The atmosphere moved years before we had the bowl GG, I would say it was the early 80s when the Lyndhurst started to rock and took over from the Devonport End.

I like when both get rocking but our leaders in their wisdom put cost before atmosphere, will they never learn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 9:07 pm

Mid to late 80's onwards it was definitely the Lyndhurst End that provided the atmosphere. Before that I couldn't tell you as I'm just a whippersnapper tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring the ear plugs   Bring the ear plugs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring the ear plugs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2