Freathy
Tgwu
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 7:10 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Excellent performance by far, can someone on here who still posts on PASOTI tell those idiots that Songo’o didn’t play today, it was Moses, cant believe some have even marked him with a 6!

The mentally challenged struggle with such things.

Must plead guilty to being rather mentally challenged then, because i'm pretty sure that it was Songo'o who came on as sub and in fact missed an excellent chance by airing a header from Carey's free kick.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 7:11 pm

Graiser wrote:
Excellent performance by far, can someone on here who still posts on PASOTI tell those idiots that Songo’o didn’t play today, it was Moses, cant believe some have even marked him with a 6!

Are you sure?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 7:12 pm

lol beat me to it Skinny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 7:18 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Graiser wrote:

The mentally challenged struggle with such things.

According to the Argyle report, Songo’o played, not sure if I’m in a parallel universe !!
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 7:21 pm

What a result, totally unexpected by me, great effort all round jocolor drunken
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 8:19 pm

Very good win, Son birthday so ended with a nice meal with family tonight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 8:21 pm

we played well and defended even better its a well deserved 3 points and clean sheet. Blackburn threw everything at us and for a side that has Dack and Graham who are in double figures for goals thats no mean feet, i did fear with theur pace they would expose us and at times they did but lessons have been learnt from the past and we were able to prevent any chances being taken.

Taylor was man of the match for me Sarcevic battled hard for the ball and songo'o seem determined to add to his OG tally lol.

good day all round roll on saturday away too...i cant remember but im sure we will be ready. Surprised the new midfield didnt come on in truth.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 8:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pretty gracious from Mowbray.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
This was a fantastic result and performance, make no mistake. Yes Blackburn seemed to have more possession but the amount of block and tackles we put in was immense. Don't really remember Matthews being seriously tested. Any saves he made were pretty routine.

God knows where Lameiras summoned the power for his strike. He looks about 8 stone wet through but that was about as pure as he'll ever hit one.

Final word to Sarcevic. My MOTM and I've been critical of him lately. His work in the build up to the second is a joy to behold. He's no Diagouraga and never will be but if he puts in performances like that every week then he will have won me over.

First Blackburn defeat since October. They brought nearly 1,500 and you didn't hear a peep all game. Pathetic.

Happy days. Chinese and a couple bottles of wine on my agenda now. cheers drunken
I was going to post having just got home but your comments are spot-on. Sarcy was immense, Ness is finding his feet, Matthews was hardly needed. If, in the Jan t/f window, we had just paid a huge fee for Taylor and that was his first game then I'd be saying ''what a good buy''. He cost us nothing and, dare I say it, I rate him as better than Trigger.
:greenrave:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 11:51 pm

Calm down, Trigger played at the top level. Nowhere near as good in the air and not the same guile or physical presence. But he can hold the ball up, has good vision and feet. He's a good player and if he stays fit he needs to be lured into a longer stay. As others have said, there's little future getting players up to speed and back to form only for them to pop off to another club.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 12:22 am

Good win today. Well done to DA and the team!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 1:02 am

beesrus wrote:
It'll be cold, wet and miserable. Glad I'm not going.
May well be dropping heads from the players, given they've lost some of their best to better deals elsewhere and may well feel the owner is more interested in other things.
So I guess you're now ''in hiding'' licking your wounds It was a good team performance that trashed a 16+ undefeated run - and in style. Are the play-offs possible? Bleedy right they are!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 1:58 am

Tremendous victory. Just imagine if instead of having a dreadful start to the season it had just been a poor one....
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 7:35 am

Bleddy ‘ansum. Props to the team.

Another tough one next weekend at Shrews.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 7:39 am

tigertony wrote:
beesrus wrote:
May well be dropping heads from the players, given they've lost some of their best to better deals elsewhere and may well feel the owner is more interested in other things.
So I guess you're now ''in hiding'' licking your wounds It was a good team performance that trashed a 16+ undefeated run - and in style. Are the play-offs possible? Bleedy right they are!

This current collection of players under DA's management may not be a relegation team but the club under brent is set up for nothing but failure. Any players that shine will be sold/snapped up after short contracts keeping the club at best permanently lower L1/L2 standard.

BRENT OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
pilgrimfather

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 9:19 am

The best performance and result in many a long year. The crowd were amazing too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 11:19 am

tigertony wrote:
beesrus wrote:
You act like a child sometimes Tiger, no one is hiding anywhere. Sometimes there is a reaction to colleagues upping sticks. Not this time though and a very very good result. It's a different team since Taylor returned and Lameiras found his proper position. Not only that, it appears the players are allowed early on to attack the opposition. Hopefully it's a permanent change of tactic from Adams. My main beef is with Brent and that isn't going to change.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 2:55 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
This was a fantastic result and performance, make no mistake. Yes Blackburn seemed to have more possession but the amount of block and tackles we put in was immense. Don't really remember Matthews being seriously tested. Any saves he made were pretty routine.

God knows where Lameiras summoned the power for his strike. He looks about 8 stone wet through but that was about as pure as he'll ever hit one.

Final word to Sarcevic. My MOTM and I've been critical of him lately. His work in the build up to the second is a joy to behold. He's no Diagouraga and never will be but if he puts in performances like that every week then he will have won me over.

First Blackburn defeat since October. They brought nearly 1,500 and you didn't hear a peep all game. Pathetic.

Happy days. Chinese and a couple bottles of wine on my agenda now. cheers drunken

This. You just couldn't fault Argyle today, a truly complete performance. On the front foot first half and two differently constructed but superb goals, not really a sniff for Blackburn. Inevitable response from a promotion team 2-0 down at HT in terms of possession but Argyles covering and tackling from front to back was excellent and can't remember them creating a clear cut chance, in fact it was Argyle who looked more dangerous on the counter. All the stats will favour Blackburn but in reality there was only ever one winner of the game today and i really enjoyed the afternoon- nice to completely shut up the Blackburn fans, some of who were making some rather cocksure statements walking to the ground today. They weren't in the same street as Wigan for pace and attacking power IMHO but maybe this should be a day for congratulation rather than dilution. Well done DA and the team.

On Channel Five last night they said Adams was doing a good there and it was only two months ago that Argyle were bottom of League One.

The turn around has been an immense one.

Not safe yet, but Argyle are nearly there. Another 12 - 14 points should be enough.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 6:57 pm

I can't remember when we last played as well.

Bearing in mind the opposition yesterday's performance bettered even that magnificent thrashing of Newport.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 8:19 am

Better be cautious everyone, if Argo keep playing like that they may be challenging for promotion - and that's not in the script, and don't mention the C word anyone. geek
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 9:01 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Better be cautious everyone, if Argo keep playing like that they may be challenging for promotion - and that's not in the script, and don't mention the C word anyone. geek

Securing safety is the only aim they should have right now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 10:10 pm

Careful Village, you're sounding like another faint heart on here. Ever since the three amigos teamed up to give Argyle reliable and skilled attacking options up front, it's a whole different ball game. They're a natural balance for each other that doesn't happen often. Almost reminds me when the Waiters team suddenly clicked with some breathtaking attacking football. Mind you, they did have Mariner.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2018 10:36 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

I was taking the piss Village - at the lack of expectation and ambition from the fanbase and board. geek
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 5:04 pm

akagreengull wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
akagreengull wrote:

I was taking the piss Village - at the lack of expectation and ambition from the fanbase and board. geek

It did get me to pondering what could lie in store should Argyle overcome the high odds, gate crash the party and get promoted. As tempting as it does seem, in reality a stint in the Championship could be a nightmare, especially as we all know what Brent is about regarding playing budger etc. He would faint with despair at the thought of coughing up a lower-level Championship side budget.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 06, 2018 5:24 pm

beesrus wrote:
Careful Village, you're sounding like another faint heart on here. Ever since the three amigos teamed up to give Argyle reliable and skilled attacking options up front, it's a whole different ball game. They're a natural balance for each other that doesn't happen often. Almost reminds me when the Waiters team suddenly clicked with some breathtaking attacking football. Mind you, they did have Mariner.

That was a team and a half back then.

As for the here and now, finishing anywhere away from the bottom four was the hope and outcome I wished for in August (I did predict 14th or so back then, that was looking very distant in December. Not so much now). Talk of promotion from certain corners is a bit off the mark.

It is all very well for them over the road there crowing about the remote possibility of going up, and as attractive as it seems, it just will not happen. And if it somehow did, Brent would have kittens at the prospect of supplying a lower-level Championship side budget.

A club certainly needs monies to compete in the division above, something Argyle do not have (so THEY say) and the unwillingness to push the boat out that little further from the Chairman. When and if he addresses those two issues, promotion now is a pipe dream.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions   Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle v Blackburn News & Score Predictions
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next