sufferedsince 68
Earwegoagain
Mock Cuncher
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
PatDunne

Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:12 pm

to be fair, it's only November, lets see where we are after 25 games, no knee jerking surrender monkeys here.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Oh well, shit happens.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:19 pm

Four wins from twenty games the Brentmare goes on.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:22 pm

beesrus wrote:
Regardless of the score, Portsmouth have moved on a bit in a couple of ways since last season. we have not. A shame for Mathews, but that's how it is for keepers. Sounds like Portsmouth are keeping Carey off his left peg as any team should know.

They are now on an upward spiral thanks to the take-over. We, like you say, are not. Until Brent leaves we won't be either.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 pm

Lack of investment, Lack of ambition, welcome to Akkeron Argyle.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Yeah. You are not wrong there.

I know it is only November, but I have resigned myself to the fact that Argyle look likely to be heading for the basement division yet again.

I hope I am proved wrong though, but.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:26 pm

You don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows.

The banker only wants wannabes, thick Avivas and women n kids at his Theatre of Schemes.

PAFC being set up for permanent lower league status and the janner nation is still 'lovin it'.

Village idiots.

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:29 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

I know it is only November, but I have resigned myself to the fact that Argyle look likely to be heading for the basement division yet again.

Apperently Akkeron have only scored two goals  once in twenty games!!! if the Brentmare still owns the club come january, relegation is a certainty.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Tringreen wrote:
You don't need a weatherman to see which way the wind blows.

The banker only wants wannabes, thick Avivas and women n kids at his Theatre of Schemes.

PAFC being set up for permanent lower league status and the janner nation is still 'lovin it'.

Village idiots.

Hand over yer twenty three quid, and be grateful. geek geek geek cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:32 pm

This morning, I was reading an historical chirp of some maid who was grateful to be employed at the whim of  the Lanhydrock Estate Bodmin family between the wars, some viscount, governor general, head honcho, squire or something.
She loved her work looking after the two unmarried sisters Eva and Violet of above super being, but reckoned you can never tell how a season is going until all 46 games are played. I think we should all take the sage like wisdom of this maid to heart and just keep quiet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:33 pm

If this team cant score more than one goal a game with last tuesday being an exception then we will struggle to win games.

Surely the reluctant one will see this and cough up in january with real money so we can address this issue otherwise with 4 teams going down in league one its going to be even harder not to be one of them.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:34 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Apperently Akkeron have only scored two goals  once in twenty games!!! if the Brentmare still owns the club come january, relegation is a certainty.

Easy now you'll have trainee Throbber Biggs correcting you with your wide of the mark accusations! We are on "playoff form" and our league position is "an ideal platform for launching an attack on the league?" Where the feck do they find these clowns.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 5:38 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

Easy now you'll have trainee Throbber Biggs correcting you with your wide of the mark accusations! We are on "playoff form" and our league position is "an ideal platform for launching an attack on the league?" Where the feck do they find these clowns.
I read that,Biggs has got to be Jimmy or one of his boyz, our playoff form will see us finish bottom.
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 6:14 pm

Wake me up when this nightmare is over
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 6:19 pm

Punchdrunk wrote:
According to the proper fans on the Auction site, Akkerons dream team is showing Playoff potential! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 6:43 pm

Angry wrote:
If this team cant score more than one goal a game with last tuesday being an exception then we will struggle to win games.

Surely the reluctant one will see this and cough up in january with real money so we can address this issue otherwise with 4 teams going down in league one its going to be even harder not to be one of them.

We’ll never score more than one goal a game as long as we’re only managing one shot on target.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 6:54 pm

Apparently wining is all that matters, and defending for 90 minutes with everyone behind the ball is going to achieve this aim. This might work in the primordial soup of the 4th division, but I doubt it works anywhere else in English pro football.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 8:16 pm

beesrus wrote:
Radio commentator......" We all know the budgetary constraints at Argyle"

No we don't !! We have no idea of the level of constraint due to Brent's refusal to clarify just how far short of a decent budget he actually is.

I was out and about in the car and caught that little snippet, too, and therein lies the problem.

I suppose the next step will be the recruitment of 3 or 4 players in the next transfer window, along with the release of a similar number, and Brent will be lauded for "backing the manager" or "loosening the financial restraints" or whatever term is chosen to say the say the same thing when in reality the playing budget will still be rigidly locked-in at well under the 60% permissible - and we still won't be good enough.

The Big Question here is, whatever the percentage we actually spend on players, is what the rest is going on?

We know that we don't spend anything at all on anything at all in terms of routine maintenance, the costs for gas, electric, water, rates etc are fixed and we also know we're not in debt because we keep on being told we're "debt-free" (which we aren't, of course, but let's let that one slip for now).

So never mind the 60 50 40 30% we spend on the team what does the other 40 50 60 70% we spend elsewhere go on?

Questions need to be asked because the less we spend on the team the more significant this becomes both in terms of the football team and the club's wider stewardship.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 9:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Questions need to be asked because the less we spend on the team the more significant this becomes both in terms of the football team and the club's wider stewardship.

Are you going to do that at the fan meeting next week?

Is anybody going to join BBC1?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 9:23 pm

I'm not Ricks. Far more important things to attend to. The cat needs a new collar, for one. Poodling up to the manor to politely ask the squire to change his behaviour is a power issue, mountain and mohammed and all that..... no thanks.
No point asking Brent any questions whatsoever, as answers have never been forthcoming, and the guy isn't about to change tack due to a few fans asking questions. The whole process just legitimises his actions further, and the q and a is of course just an EFL tick box that Brent is obliged to hold. Far better to have a stand off in the long run.

I hope this response answers any questions you might have regarding fan involvement.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 11:20 pm

Angry wrote:

The shyster doesn't give a toss about relegation, why would he, Akkeron Argo still has good crowds,
His scheming, crap proposed development plans are on the table and it is all ticking over for his benefit.
Without any meaningful opposition/protest from the fanbase he has a scapegoat in Adams if the football
Goes even more tits up. deadhorse
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 11:38 pm

Angry wrote:

If he doesn't then we will go down. I read somewhere that at a recent forum JB was asked what he would do if we went down? His answer was ''we'll cross that bridge if we come to it''  FCOL - if I was driving from my place to Plymouth and the news said ''the Tamar Bridge has just fallen down'' I would go via the scenic route on the A30 and turn right somewhere for Tavy. (In fact, as an aside, twice in the last few months I've been so eager, 90+, to get ahead of lorries before the Bodmin slip road to head past Trago that I've gone sailing past the turn-off unable to slow down and pull left. So me and Tavy are now mates cheers )
But back to JB's comment. At present we will come to that bridge and it'll be too late. JB will not sell the club and even if he wanted to it wouldn't get completed for months. JB will not change the manager. That leaves 1 option to avoid the drop. Get that wallet out and get it primed for Jan 1st not the 31st.
We need about 4 points per 3 games to get to 50 points approx. We are in real trouble and those saying ''plenty of time'' won't be saying that when we need 10 points per 3 games.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 3:54 am

Just woke up after a savage night of depravity 10.50am here to be met by another defeat and relegation an utter certainty.
Seriously Brent you cvnt just feck off you non developing arseclown.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 4:15 am

Fair play to more than a few on JBSOTI the knives are out for both Adams and the assclown Brent
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 8:19 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Punchdrunk wrote:
According to the proper fans on the Auction site, Akkerons dream team is showing Playoff potential! lol! lol! lol!

What part of being bottom all season, unable to score, unable to defend, and being generally ultra-shite don't they understand? It seems when Akkeron Argo Nil FC plummet through the trap door next March/April it will come as a surprise to the brentophiles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pompey - Argyle   Pompey - Argyle - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pompey - Argyle
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next