Charlie Wood
Grovehill
Tgwu
hmdr
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage

Webb calls it a day - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 1:19 pm

X Isle wrote:
Iggy wrote:
X Isle wrote:
We've never had communication so good.

All that was required was to simply apply a 'happy clappy filter' and resist an eternal desire to settle old scores.

But no, 'we' went and cut the head off the goose that laid the golden egg.

Triffic Rolling Eyes.

I do understand where you are coming from but I don't really agree with you. I personally think that Webb was the better of the 3 amigo's but he did get involved with some very unsavoury bickering and arguments on here. The other 2 amigo's stirred up so much shit some started to stick to Webby, he also has a problem answering questions that are asked of him if he doesn't like the questions. Pasoti is a much calmer place now that another figure has now left (apparently) but now maybe it can go back to what it used to be, that is a discussion site. Anyway you will only get information on a new striker if we were to sign one and I will believe that when I see it.

Maybe Iggs, I just wish everyone would get along. Far too much c*ck measuring and grudge holding goes on though. It's the same as life in general I guess but you'd think a common shared interest would mean peeps would make more effort, put aside the odd difference. Alas no. Ho hum.

I agree with the honourable gentleman more than I disagree with him in this instance, I may have to twitter it to the masses later.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:38 pm

GibGreen wrote:
So Mr President takes a step away from a couple of hundred regular posters on internet forums.

I'm actually overcome with indifference.

I'll just check my Bovverrrredometer.

Nope, barely a twitch.

Says it all for me. I'd be interested to know how many of the 6,000 odd fans at the last home match actually know who he is - or cared.

Even his flounces lack class.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 9:44 am

I think that the decision to take a step away from the internet is guided by an unseen hand. It is quite clear that the club President should be above petty internet squabbling because of his position even if it is not yet defined or understood exactly what that position actually is. It is disastrous PR for the club to be so directly associated with such behaviour. So that is why Webb has stood down. Maybe "been stood down" would be more accurate.

I'd go further. Even for the club to be indirectly associated with it is also extremely questionable in PR terms explaining the coincidental withdrawal of Newell on similar terms.

All that remains to be revealed is exactly who at the club would be savvy enough PR wise to realise the seriousness of the damage done, eager to protect the brand and to prevent it from falling even further into disrepute than it already has, in a senior position and so powerful enough to be listened to and to have his orders followed when he points out how damaging this stuff is to the club and subtle enough to get it done without being in the frame for it?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 10:33 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I think that the decision to take a step away from the internet is guided by an unseen hand. It is quite clear that the club President should be above petty internet squabbling because of his position even if it is not yet defined or understood exactly what that position actually is. It is disastrous PR for the club to be so directly associated with such behaviour. So that is why Webb has stood down. Maybe "been stood down" would be more accurate.

I'd go further. Even for the club to be indirectly associated with it is also extremely questionable in PR terms explaining the coincidental withdrawal of Newell on similar terms.

All that remains to be revealed is exactly who at the club would be savvy enough PR wise to realise the seriousness of the damage done, eager to protect the brand and to prevent it from falling even further into disrepute than it already has, in a senior position and so powerful enough to be listened to and to have his orders followed when he points out how damaging this stuff is to the club and subtle enough to get it done without being in the frame for it?

As ever with the dynamic duo, there are more questions than answers.

Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:26 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

Well if we had to have a little wager on that, I'd put my money on Rick Cowdrery rediscovering his rottweiler tendancy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 pm

I might be wrong, but in my opinion, Cowderey may well have been one of those people Mr President had in mind when saying he hoped others stepped up to the mark as their role might demand.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 6 EmptySun Oct 02, 2016 5:13 pm

Guest wrote:
This bit tickled me

Quote :
a fantastic vehicle while it lasted

I'm glad he's not standing shoulder to shoulder with Purse shoring up our defence.

Maybe he was in a manner of speaking ? lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 11:08 am

Get Freathy in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Webb calls it a day
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6