Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread

Go down 
+2
Freathy
swampy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread Empty
PostSubject: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:13 am

Win = Safety

Lose = A very uncomfortable run in, and potential disaster.

That's how I see it. 3 points is a must today. A huge crowd, an attacking performance, a win please. jocolor
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:21 am

All we have heard for weeks is it is a must win game. The only must win game is the one we must win to secure safety. Hereford wasn't a must win, it was more of a must not lose game. A win really ought to seal safety. A draw will mean we probably have to scrape another point or two from 4 games which should not be a problem, and that only if 2 of the 3 teams below us over achieve in their final 5 games. I think we will just edge it in another low scoring game and looking at the fixtures of our 6 closest challengers today I can't see them getting much at all so even a draw could more than likely see us gain another point on virtually all of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:24 am

Oh, I forgot to add - we could have something to celebrate tonight. The right (but admittedly unlikely) combination of results in League 1 could see our 12-toed chums from up the A38 relegated. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 am

It could well do making it a double celebration hopefully. Looking ahead to next season I think this league will be weaker than it has been for a few seasons. Fleetwood should present a challenge looking like they will out perform Crawley's points haul of last season. Three useful sides will go up, hopefully Oxford amongst them, Crawley hopefully will stay down and could well go backwards next year and I don't see any of the 4 teams likely to be relegated from League 2 posing the sort of threat that Swindon have this season. It will be disappointing if we cannot secure a top 7 play off spot next year.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 am

The fans will turn up full of hope and in good voice but the 'team' is sure to put in yet another dire perfance 'led' by the uber-shite walton on the pitch and fletcher the clueless in the dugout. All in the pissing rain too. Lovely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:43 am

Does anyone have any stats on how well we've done since Richard Blight started sponsoring the match threads? Could be that we're blaming the wrong person!

So big crowd guaranteed against a team with nothing much to play for. Should be a nailed on home win, but how much fun is that? I reckon a draw and a result or two going against us just to keep us hanging on in agony.

I reckon the club should have produced t-shirts bearing the slogan "most important game in our history" and sell them with proceeds helping accelerate the staff payments. Could run for weeks and raise a fortune.

Realistically we're safe, but as someone once said,"it's a funny old game".
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 am

A win today and we're almost certainly there. A draw would not be bad either. If I was the rash type I'd be saying we're safe already but it's not not over until it's over so let's just keep bagging those points until we no longer need to.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
katman

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 am

Freathy wrote:
The fans will turn up full of hope and in good voice but the 'team' is sure to put in yet another dire perfance 'led' by the uber-shite walton on the pitch and fletcher the clueless in the dugout. All in the pissing rain too. Lovely.
In todays Herald,Feeney has said that what Fletcher has done is phenomenal!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:41 am

Greenjock wrote:
Does anyone have any stats on how well we've done since Richard Blight started sponsoring the match threads? Could be that we're blaming the wrong person!

So big crowd guaranteed against a team with nothing much to play for. Should be a nailed on home win, but how much fun is that? I reckon a draw and a result or two going against us just to keep us hanging on in agony.

I reckon the club should have produced t-shirts bearing the slogan "most important game in our history" and sell them with proceeds helping accelerate the staff payments. Could run for weeks and raise a fortune.

You have just revealed your identity young man! pig Can't trust anyone these days. Razz
I wouldn't say we are safe yet, we need a win today to keep the pressure off, you can guarantee that if we win today so will Macc lads and Hereford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:47 am

Iggy wrote:
Greenjock wrote:

You have just revealed your identity young man! pig Can't trust anyone these days. Razz
I wouldn't say we are safe yet, we need a win today to keep the pressure off, you can guarantee that if we win today so will Macc lads and Hereford.

My identity? I never knew it was in question. I'm not advocating auctioning the t-shirts, just sell them along with the fv scarves.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:53 am

Queueing at HP in the pissing rain and wind to get half price tickets for people I don't even like...

Trifik Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:14 pm

Two changes for Argyle today- Ro is in for Cole and Bhasera for Hemmings-

Larrieu

Berry
Blanchard
Purse
Williams

MacDonald
Walton
Wotton
Bhasera

Feeney
Chadmiss

Subs- Tsoumou, Hourihane, Hemmings, Young, Chenoweth, Big Fletch
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread   Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Richard Blight Calls the 'Shots - It's the Aldershot Match Thread
Page 1 of 1