Grovehill
Tgwu
hmdr
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mutley-Green

Webb calls it a day - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:29 pm

Jeez I thought Cobi's self indulgent I'm leaving post was bad enough but this is even worse. I wonder if this attention seeking crap will get moved to terraces!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:33 pm

argyledj wrote:
GOB wrote:
Do you get the sense that people are realising that we've been screwed over and now they're putting distances in place, first the GTs and today Damon stating pretty much that Brent is clueless, then Webb using a "bean head" excuse to runaway?

Reality dawning me thinks!

i missed that! whats the gt's and damon been saying?

Damon.Lenszner:

Quote :
The Wage Cap doesn't even have to be broken - merely bent. A Football League place is everything - nothing else matters. To see this great club lose over 100 years of league history would be nothing short of disastrous. 'Gentleman Jim' knows my views on this. I have outlined how to bend the rules. But there is an absolute insistance to 'play the game the right way' Sorry but it shows complete naievity. Football is a cesspit. If you don't want to get dirty then don't get involved. The Corinthian Casuals ideal is fantastic, but lets not forget that they play in the Ryman Isthmian League Division 1 South. The 'team' is crying out for investment in order to stay up. Relegation inevitably means redundancies - I reckon at least 25. They don't deserve it - and we don't deserve it. If nothing is done by close of business on Tuesday then I fear for this football club.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 pm

The bean head excuse is ludicrous. Does him jump on abuse from his close friends to other Argyle supporters? If he doesn't his protestations are hollow.

How many people have characterised his actions as 'selling his soul'? Not many I would hazard. I suspect many a union leader has been excused of that if they are seen to chummy up with the bosses.

The stabbing threat is beyond the pail and is being dealt with appropriately. Hopefully any discussion on it will be removed from internet boards whilst the matter proceeds.

The FV thing could have been dealt with better from the get go. Again it's not Forza per se it's those who wish to associate with the imagery and ideas practiced abroad. It should have been cut off at the outset. The Ultra theme could have easily been presented as a singing area for example.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:36 pm

I can barely contain my indifference.

If being called 'bean head' and told that he's 'sold his soul' are too much for the poor little lamikins, maybe he should step down completely.

Agreed, if someone had threatened to stab him that's totally unacceptable and should be dealt with, but, cynical me, why did we only hear of it in his valedictorian address?

Seriously, if he's as thin-skinned as he's making out in his cyber-flounce, how does he cope as a Union full-timer?

He's right about one thing - it is time for others to step up. Chris and his BFF have been getting things their own way for too long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Dougie wrote:
The Ultra theme could have easily been presented as a singing area for example.

Obviously not sexy enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:44 pm

There's plenty of back stabbing between "friends" on the other side and behind the scenes I believe, there's more to this then meets the eye!
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:48 pm

I’ve said it before and I'll say it again, the use of the word 'abuse' in the context of some of this internet forum lark and how it's been appropriated to suggest that behaviour on here is 'abusive' to certain people… it's utter nonsense (although threats of violence are a very different matter, as everyone has said already).

Much of that post from Chris is a very thinly veiled dig at this forum (there's twitter stuff he mentions too but I'm not privvy to that if it's via PM, which is where I assume the foul language has come from…).

He and others really need to get a dictionary out when they seek to define stuff that's said here. Calling someone a baked bean head may be crass and not a little childish (apologies to whoever said it, but it was!) but it is not 'abuse'. Calling into question decisions made within the hierarchy of the club, which CW is clearly part of, is not 'abuse'. You're keen on twitter, Chris, go look at the #firstworldproblems hashtag.

I've not made particular comment about the 'Ultras' Forza Verde thing thus far, but one of the items he mentions under the 'abuse' category is the accusation that it's a right-wing organisation. Of course it wasn't planned as such, but perhaps the people involved should have actually gone to a few games where teams that have a significant number of right wing leaning fans were playing. I have. It's not pretty. If you want to hear abuse of a real, serious, abusive nature, go and watch Lazio and sit in their Curva.

I'm really quite cross for a Sunday night

Webb calls it a day - Page 3 Brutal11
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:48 pm

GOB wrote:
There's plenty of back stabbing between "friends" on the other side and behind the scenes I believe, there's more to this then meets the eye!

If the conversations I've been having over the past 36 hours are anything to go by, you're bang on the money, Gob. El Presidente's popularity isn't as all-consuming as he would like to think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:57 pm

Andy_Symons wrote:
GOB wrote:

If the conversations I've been having over the past 36 hours are anything to go by, you're bang on the money, Gob. El Presidente's popularity isn't as all-consuming as he would like to think.

Seems we have been hearing similar things Andy. Knowing the character involved I can't say I'm the slightest bit surprised.

God knows when this storm will end but I am looking forward to the day when we come out at the other side of it! In the worst economic slump we've ever known it would have been nice to know that we had a club worth supporting to help us through it and to divert our attention, all I see is another nightmare on the horizon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Cynical thought of the night:

This couldn't just be CW seeing which way the wind is blowing with regard to on-the-field events, and, realising the increasing possibility of dropping out of the league, and the damage that would do to Brent's standing with the fans, and by extension all his minions, he's just slowly lowering his profile as a precursor to dropping off the radar altogether, so he can avoid the flak when it all does go tits-up on the field?

Nah, thats just me being cynical again.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Interesting Andy but a joining of the dots a bit to far for me.

However there is something that has been happening of late not least the wage cap argument being advanced despite the previous assertion that Brent will do the necessary to keep us in this league.

For all the promise of openess I haven't seen the sums adequately explained by anyone or the search for a new forward blogged about/twittered about/president progressed about/newspaper articles about.

Also I've just read one of Chris Webbs last missives against those who ask questions when he has a little pop at Baba over on Pasoti. Perhaps he just doesnt like any dissent in the ranks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:26 pm

It's all becoming very messy over "there" and I tend to go with Andy's view that some people are looking for escape routes.

Dougie you're right of course, the reason you haven't seen the sums is because they don't add up.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 pm

As i say wait until mid april.................
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
afro
monti czardas wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Chris_Webb1 Chris Webb
Fantastic response from Argyle supporters via Pasoti, Twitter, Email and Call. #rightdecision #loyalsupporters #pafc #wearestayingup
29 minutes ago

He love himself, fantastic response from my fans, I only counted 19 reply on pasoti and a few are multiple

Nice hobby . Post counting . Must try it .

Nice hobby, annoying me on here and on pasoti, doubt i'll try it

Ban me or ignore me . Or maybe burn me . It's Banter .

We don't do illegal banning. You can make a tw@t of yourself on here for as long as you like. Still coming Cyprus in September ? Wouldn't you rather be at Ebbsfleet ?

Is that what you really feel - I make a tw@t of myself on here ?

Yes. You are a dull Aviva. I'll still buy you a beer and a kebab though.

Lol . Take more water with it mate .58 years of my very full life distilled into one shabby ill thought out nonsense by someone who's been on the pop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: webb calls it a day...   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Where on PASOTI can I find this resignation information? Obviously looking in wrong place(s).

Merv Plummer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:14 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
This bit interested me
Quote :
It is time in my view that those holding roles stepped up (and to be fair to them were allowed to step up).

For Club issues then the Club will have to be there to answer questions.
Do I detect a bit of a swipe at the odd person up at the club ? surely not. clown

I read that as having a pop at the current Trust leadership, actually. The good people who've held things together after he and at least one other left it all in limbo.

Also read a bigger chunk of the post as suggesting that he's been the only person anybody could possibly go to about anything, which is overstating it a lot. As the guy who'd been having problems with a particular steward found, it's always been possible to take issues to the appropriate person.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:15 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Where on PASOTI can I find this resignation information? Obviously looking in wrong place(s).

Merv Plummer

Click here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:15 pm

pafcineurope wrote:

Merv Plummer

Here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:16 pm

JINX!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:17 pm

Witch..... ooops I mean SNAP! Very Happy

G'night lady & gentlemen,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:26 pm

Peggy wrote:
Dougie wrote:
Doesn't like the name calling. I hope he's called his 'real' life friend to account for his witch comment and for agreeing with Dane Bunneys latest character assassination on Twitter.

For those of us without accounts, could you give us a clue, Dougie?

It's OK. I've seen it now. Need to add a turd and a spoon to my avatar, apparently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:43 pm

As the person solely responsible for whatever it is that Webb is doing. I would like to point out that although he has head shaped like a baked bean, he is quite handsome.

But it's strange how the 'pathetic' Internet, the same medium which gave Webb his platform in the first place is being attacked. At least Webb, if he chucks his hand in now goes with some credit. Unlike our Rupert metcalfe whose contribution to the last 2 years has been the square root of feck all. What's he up to then?

The worst thing is amongst all these characters, whoever wins the club loses. Again.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:46 pm

The trio of the Pasoti, The Trust and the GTs together saved this Club alongside the staff / players. For that I and every Argyle supporter should always be grateful.

This line for me says it all about Mr Webb. What about all the other people, the fans that go to matches week in week out, the ones that go to matches when they can due to where they live and the fans that are in exile around the world who contributed to the hardship fund, a majority of fans who are not well off but still put their hands in their pockets and gave money to help the club. Not only Argyle fans but other club's fans who collected for us!

Yes Mr Webb I am grateful, very grateful for everyone who helped the club, including the ones who you choose to praise and only praise.

If his quitting forums means me not seeing sh*t like that then its a pity he didn't do sooner. What a complete to*ser!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 11:59 pm

Boo bloody hoo. If everyone stopped mentioning Chris from now on, he would sit there itching to post on pasoti, or back on here with whichever username he currently uses. Ignore him now and he will be back in no time. Fame junkie. Everything else I coul d say has already bean said . see you then Chris. Thanks for everything you did before you sold out and enjoy your cosy relationship with Mr Brent, hopefully your presidents column will keep us all upto date with the riveting fv news. Can't w ait. Resurgam
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:11 am

Tringreen wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greengenes wrote:
afro
monti czardas wrote:
greengenes wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Chris_Webb1 Chris Webb
Fantastic response from Argyle supporters via Pasoti, Twitter, Email and Call. #rightdecision #loyalsupporters #pafc #wearestayingup
29 minutes ago

He love himself, fantastic response from my fans, I only counted 19 reply on pasoti and a few are multiple

Nice hobby . Post counting . Must try it .

Nice hobby, annoying me on here and on pasoti, doubt i'll try it

Ban me or ignore me . Or maybe burn me . It's Banter .

We don't do illegal banning. You can make a tw@t of yourself on here for as long as you like. Still coming Cyprus in September ? Wouldn't you rather be at Ebbsfleet ?

I miss him as I comes to Cyprus in Oct

I'm in Larnaca. Let me know if you want to see the sights.

Pernera, but the Mrs would like a change this year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Webb calls it a day   Webb calls it a day - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Webb calls it a day
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next