Rickler
sufferedsince 68
Czarcasm
harvetheslayer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Consultation.... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 1:22 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
What a magnificent 'ice arena' shoehorned into hhp.....capacity 85ish by the look of it, there goes any chance of a competitive ice hockey team for the muff.

Or any ice shows of any kind meaning its not likely to make any money making it a pointless building project.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 1:49 pm

beesrus wrote:
Well, even Pasoti posters are not happy with these plans. It's quite clear what Brent is up to, profit for himself, and then up and away with his pockets full , leaving degraded parkland.

The hotel will further feather his nest when he is finaly gone. As the damn thing will be one of his chain.

It will have to be a busy hotel in that case and that is questionable. Away fans might find it handy I suppose if they are planning on doing a weekend.

It has money making written all over it and that is sad. If (or when) Hallett becomes Chairman after Brent has left, he can then charge Brent rent for said hotel and claw back the investment for the new Grandstand he has funded.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 2:07 pm

Angry wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
What a magnificent 'ice arena' shoehorned into hhp.....capacity 85ish by the look of it, there goes any chance of a competitive ice hockey team for the muff.

Or any ice shows of any kind meaning its not likely to make any money making it a pointless building project.

I particularly like how an Ice Hockey pitch has been drawn on to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 2:09 pm

You can't lose with an hotel now. If and when it fails, which it probably will do there, it's an obstacle free planning road under the new guidelines to change the use of an hotel to residential apartments. That is what it will be in 20 years or less, if he ever gets around to building it.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 3:54 pm

beesrus wrote:
You can't lose with an hotel now. If and when it fails, which it probably will do there, it's an obstacle free planning road under the new guidelines to change the use of an hotel to residential apartments. That is what it will be in 20 years or less, if he ever gets around to building it.

To use your logic, as you don't live in Central Park you have no right to comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 3:58 pm

I just don't get the gym - next to a multi million pound health and life centre. FFS. Who thought that little gem up?

That's like building a Travelodge next to the Burj Al Arab! FFS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 4:08 pm

akagreengull wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
The Brentmare goes on!
More shabby tacky shite tacked on to the Mankover of the Grandstand, Brents pathetic scheme must be resisted at all cost, i'm sure only a handful of locals want any of this shite overlooking Cental park its designed to make Jimmy and Si richer that is the main aim of this not to benefit Argyle whatsoever.
There is a strong concensus of what you say on ATD
but thousands don't see it or get it.

Quite. The number of brainwashed goons on Pisspoti lapping up this current fuckfest of plans is quite something to behold. Makes you realise what a bastion of reason in a sea of frothing shite that ATD is at times like this.

LOL at Porkzilla - apparently, on that relevant thread, he's identified 13 members of the bobble hat crew, the DRF and the Fortescue fine gentleman's club who are consistent anti Jimmy trollsters! lol!

Hang on, I don't live in Muff! Can I possibly comment? Laughing
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 4:14 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Ding!.....the plans have been purposely made this terribly rank and bundled in with the grandstand application so that when they are inevitably rejected the grandstand can be conveniently delayed and the big bad council can be scapegoated, yet again.....shorely? raised eyebrow

Les, I think that's exactly right. Brent is effectively holding PCC to ransom knowing that if they turn down his Hotel etc then the Grandstand won't get approved either.

Hallett's £5m will be gone in fees to Akkeron if this carries on any longer.

On another issue - why are Akkeron involved anyway, surely that's a conflict of interest?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 4:40 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
beesrus wrote:

To use your logic, as you don't live in Central Park you have no right to comment.

Well, that's debatable as I'm in the park every day. But yes, I was probably a bit too bolshevik toward Rickler yesterday and will apologise. I had just had a bellyful from a real creep on this forum. Rickler was in the vicinity, and we do have an on/off relationship. There's a lot of uncalled for abuse on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 4:43 pm

Rickler wrote:
Oh hark at her...  

I take it you will be considering your own advice and won't be making any comments about America from now on...  ..and a lot of other topics besides.

Now how stupid do you feel?

"Get off my lawn"
Yes. Sorry about that Rickler. No need for me to target you like that. The park is an important issue for me.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 4:44 pm

Reply from another Conservative Ward councillor for Peverell

I am always concerned to see development on the park, I've spent most of my time on the council campaigning to keep the park green.

I often attend and work with the friends of Central Park.

While I want Argyle to do well i want to protect the park.

Having been shown the plans last Monday with James Brent I don't see much encroachment on the park, the land being discussed is private land.

Before making an official comment I think I will wait for the official planning application.

In the meantime I am pressing ahead with the community cafe which will be built next to the clock tower providing new public toilets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 4:59 pm

Yes, the park cafe is to overlook the kids' playground as does the new lodge cafe in Victoria Park. I suppose that makes sense as the council want it to be self funding, although many of us park users see a case for something away from the hubbub of what goes on around the life centre/clock tower. People are different. We don't all want costa and noise.
If this goes ahead, hopefully, and almost certainly, the Brent cafe will be a totally different animal right next to the noisy road and not interest many at all. Will be patronised by people looking for somewhere to drive and shop.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 5:51 pm

beesrus wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Oh hark at her...  

I take it you will be considering your own advice and won't be making any comments about America from now on...  ..and a lot of other topics besides.

"Get off my lawn"
Yes. Sorry about that Rickler. No need for me to target you like that. The park is an important issue for me.

No problem Beezy. I understand...
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:14 pm

a love in for a change!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 8:14 pm

Rickler wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Oh hark at her...  

"Get off my lawn"

No problem Beezy.  I understand...

Hats off to the pair of you for dealing with your disagreement in a positive, mature and open manner Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 6:38 am

Credit is all Beezey's. ..but thank you.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 8:38 am

Unsurprisingly today's Brentherald has given us some nice positive fanbase views of the proposed mankover.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 8:45 am

Nothing ever really changes in little old Argiggle world. Depressingly village as usual.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 11:28 am

Hallett seems incredibly quiet about all this.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 11:49 am

I thought they were not taking any of the park

6 Would you support the provision of additional car-parking in the land to the east of Higher Home Park?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 12:12 pm

In a word, NO.
These oafs would concrete over the entire park if they could get away with it. They just don't get what parks are for many city dwellers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 12:21 pm

i dont see the need for 6 restaurants which lets face it will include a nandos and burger king as the big chains are looking at bretonside and nearer the town centre, I dont see the need for 6 aswell as a cafe on top as that area isnt going to draw enough people to sustain all 7. 2-3 max may do.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 12:38 pm

Irony Alert!

"it should always be remembered that because people repeat and repeat the same old argument, time and time again, doesn't make it true"
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 12:55 pm

Angry wrote:
i dont see the need for 6 restaurants which lets face it will include a nandos and burger king as the big chains are looking at bretonside and nearer the town centre, I dont see the need for 6 aswell as a cafe on top as that area isnt going to draw enough people to sustain all 7. 2-3 max may do.

Plymouth is stuffed to the gunnels with fast food corporate shit outlets already, this proposed commercial crap will change the whole nature of the park plonked opposite the Life Centre, Brent and his profiteering cronies couldn't give a toss about all these outlets having any kind of negative inpact on Plymouths biggest green space.
Argyle fans and the wider people of Plymouth should oppose these proposals and lobby local counsellors and P.C.C.
Rant
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 EmptySat Jul 22, 2017 12:57 pm

Let me guess. You refer to the tired old gummy rottweiler barking away pointlessly to his master's tune yet again. I never did get dogs. Spend all day working out ways of pleasing their pack leader. Weird. I hope I'm not one next time round.

Some things never change. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Consultation....   Consultation.... - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Consultation....
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next