Les Miserable
Tgwu
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Angry wrote:
We went up in style today Smile great atmosphere in the ground and good to see fans stuck two fingers up at brent and hallet by celebrating promotion to league one by a good natured pitch invasion.

now we are finally out of this shit league the time has come to start preparing for league one and the challenged that will bring for us Smile.

three games left to which i hope we win all 3 and not slack off as doncaster seem to be doing now perhaps now some fringe players can use these games to try and win a contract/a spot in our squad next season.

well done del bhey and the squad on promotion enojoy the nights celebrations and the fans too for all they can knowing they got work/college/school/uni/sign on tomorrow
I've not!
Birthday tomorrow so I took the liberty of booking the next 3 days off! bounce
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:31 pm

'This is a football forum for a club I'm boycotting' says it all. I managed to be happy about promotion today whilst still feeling dismissive toward Brent, so no selfies sought here.

As for X-Isle, interesting you pick him as an example as your online personas are so, so similar.
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
'This is a football forum for a club I'm boycotting' says it all. I managed to be happy about promotion today whilst still feeling dismissive toward Brent, so no selfies sought here.

As for X-Isle, interesting you pick him as an example as your online personas are so, so similar.

You utter bore.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:33 pm

beesrus wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
Sat here at home trying to celebrate, but not really that fussed after witnessing Speccy Twat on the pitch again. Mad

That's how it is Al. To support a club, it has to be what one agrees with. Too many rotten eggs for me at the moment. I just about manage to stomach the odd away game for social reasons. When taken against the attendance record of the promotion season with Sturrock, and the gerrymandered new counting system introduced by Ridsdale, and the championship years that must have produced a lot more regular fans, attendances are down on the last promo season from Division 4. That says something. My guess is a lot of fans are still smarting from the bad years of Todd, and now Brent. Doesn't feel right to support a club with a profiteering ownership.

Congratulations to Derek Adams, fighting against the unnecessary odds made by Brent. His career record against the odds speaks for itself. Congratulations to all the players who have worked hard and put up with Del Boy's ludicrous defensive nonsense. But then, maybe he knows no other way. The first 20 minutes against Portsmouth were really outstanding, and with today, just shows what a positive attitude on the pitch can achieve at professional level. Less dour Scot, more goalkeeper largesse shown by Waiters and Shilton.

Absolutely ..............but the bankers need to back him now, or risk losing him, particularly if he overachieves on a shit budget.

Euphoria all round today. Reality hits next season and even more so if he were to do it again.

It's nothing new.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:37 pm

beesrus wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

You utter bore.

Well done.
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 8:40 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
beesrus wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:

You utter bore.

Well done.

Your legacy, not mine.
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 10:01 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Twas a very enjoyable game. Argo completely in control but f*** me Newport were shit.  Actually felt sorry for those fans who travelled - must have been horrendous watching that. Every time Ago attacked they looked nailed on to score. Big respect to those Newport fans who stayed at the end to applaud the Argo team and fans.

The weird thing was that the game was in the balance for half an hour or so. Newport totally folded after making a horrendous mistake for the 2nd goal. After that, it was attack v defence. I put a bet on 5-0 at half time and had to cash out before we scored more.

We'll done PAFC and a great way to do it. Lots of kids looking really happy and excited at the end of the game. Bit like I was in 1986 and ultimately, that is what it's all about. The game belongs to that generation and I just hope the club can kick on.

How I saw it. Struggled as always at home to break them down. We can't surprise teams. Newport were more than up to us. Unfortunately for them our first was a particularly good header from a second ball the keeper didn't see coming and the second was a right pickle. They couldn't pick themselves up after that. Some of their support hung around to applaud us off, that's decent in anyone's book.

As for Brent, it wasn't his day hence the supporters ignored the pleas to stay off the pitch. if he joined in then I can't really criticise. Right now this is a day for all those that put up with years of dogshit and it feels good.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 10:10 pm

We were awful for 40 minutes and excellent for 50, bizarre, big match nerves praps. Congrats to all the playing staff.
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:06 pm

hopefully Derek won't be getting carried away, because we were dreadful 1st 40 minutes
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:35 pm

Great result and with promotion thrown in as well!

Well done Derek, his team and the Lads on the park.

parteeeeee

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 11:45 pm

Nice to meet you Village Green, we somehow both found the common ground despite the obvious celebrations.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 12:13 am

Difficult to describe today's game. Del has taken a lot of stick for his tactics, especially at home. That second half was the best football I've seen in years. The players were clearly enjoying themselves and we fans were served a treat... it was that good. Yet we lost to Barnet, Blackpool, Notts County and a whole host of other shite playing negative...
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 1:17 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Difficult to describe today's game. Del has taken a lot of stick for his tactics, especially at home. That second half was the best football I've seen in years. The players were clearly enjoying themselves and we fans were served a treat... it was that good. Yet we lost to Barnet, Blackpool, Notts County and a whole host of other shite playing negative...

There were some good goals today and the team played well, promotion in style. The team Can relax now and enjoy the final three games, perhaps pipping Donny to become champions.

Fair play to Carey, he is ready to open contract talks and he wants to stay.

Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 1:37 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Coxside_Green wrote:
Difficult to describe today's game.  Del has taken a lot of stick for his tactics, especially at home.  That second half was the best football I've seen in years.  The players were clearly enjoying themselves and we fans were served a treat... it was that good.  Yet we lost to Barnet, Blackpool, Notts County and a whole host of other shite playing negative...

There were some good goals today and the team played well, promotion in style. The team Can relax now and enjoy the final three games, perhaps pipping Donny to become champions.

Fair play to Carey, he is ready to open contract talks and he wants to stay.

Good news about Carey if correct. Despite what others say I do feel we could hold our own in division 3 as is. A few out and a few in we should be ok.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 1:40 am

Coxside_Green wrote:
Nice to meet you Village Green, we somehow both found the common ground despite the obvious celebrations.

Cheers. You be the first ATD member I have met. Hopefully meeting more before the Crewe game.

Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 1:44 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Twas a very enjoyable game. Argo completely in control but f*** me Newport were shit.  Actually felt sorry for those fans who travelled - must have been horrendous watching that. Every time Ago attacked they looked nailed on to score. Big respect to those Newport fans who stayed at the end to applaud the Argo team and fans.

The weird thing was that the game was in the balance for half an hour or so. Newport totally folded after making a horrendous mistake for the 2nd goal. After that, it was attack v defence. I put a bet on 5-0 at half time and had to cash out before we scored more.

We'll done PAFC and a great way to do it. Lots of kids looking really happy and excited at the end of the game. Bit like I was in 1986 and ultimately, that is what it's all about. The game belongs to that generation and I just hope the club can kick on.

How I saw it. Struggled as always at home to break them down. We can't surprise teams. Newport were more than up to us. Unfortunately for them our first was a particularly good header from a second ball the keeper didn't see coming and the second was a right pickle. They couldn't pick themselves up after that. Some of their support hung around to applaud us off, that's decent in anyone's book.

As for Brent, it wasn't his day hence the supporters ignored the pleas to stay off the pitch. if he joined in then I can't really criticise. Right now this is a day for all those that put up with years of dogshit and it feels good.

I can. Brent going on the pitch makes him the worlds biggest hypocrite. Did Hallet or Jon B go on? That really would take the piss!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 6:49 am

Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I can.  Brent going on the pitch makes him the worlds biggest hypocrite. Did Hallet or Jon B go on?  That really would take the piss!

lifted from another very well respected facebook poster who was on pitch with his children......

"Brent was on the pitch too. Some sychophants actually got photos with him - but I kid you not, upon doing so he said "can you leave the pitch now please?!" - they guy doesn't have feckin clue. Made me cringe"
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 8:46 am

Not that I've yet to see any evidence that promotion/ relegation pich invasion do lead to large FA/ FL fines it was interesting (and not a little pleasing) to see that there was no goading or abuse directed to any Newport players or supporters.

I've got an inkling it's no big hill o' beans.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 9:00 am

I thought the pitch invasion was impeccable, as you say no goading or owt, just supporters doing what they do in celebration.  I did note the PA's words between the pitch being cleared and players coming back out 'any further invasion will be treated as unlawful' (or words to that effect) as if to say the initial invasion was ok.
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 11:07 am

Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I can.  Brent going on the pitch makes him the worlds biggest hypocrite. Did Hallet or Jon B go on?  That really would take the piss!

No you're right. I've just read that post about him asking for people to leave the pitch and he is a wanker I was just a little caught up in the moment when I made that post. As long as everyone behaved themselves and by and large they did whats the problem? We have put of plenty of garbage and handed over a fortune to him for the 'pleasure', I mean for Gods sake the guy being given a chair lift whilst still in his wheelchair is going to be one of the best memories of the season.

. everyone went on the pitch after we beat Pompey in the play-off semi's did we even get fined for that, if we did I never heard anything about it.

Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 11:24 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Freathy wrote:

No you're right. I've just read that post about him asking for people to leave the pitch and he is a wanker I was just a little caught up in the moment when I made that post. As long as everyone behaved themselves and by and large they did whats the problem? We have put of plenty of garbage and handed over a fortune to him for the 'pleasure', I mean for Gods sake the guy being given a chair lift whilst still in his wheelchair is going to be one of the best memories of the season.

. everyone went on the pitch after we beat Pompey in the play-off semi's did we even get fined for that, if we did I never heard anything about it.

The FA only come down hard on clubs for these invasions if the players. officials and spectators safety isnt secured and someone gets hurt or its a hostile invasion. Although they dont encourage them, the clubs are not going to keep a few thousand running on the pitch to celebrate with less than 100 stewards no matter what they do.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Perhaps Jimmy can pay the EFL fine out of his own pocket !!.

While I was on the pitch, I noticed that Brent et al were filming the celebrations that were happening below them on their smart phones. Smiling and laughing along with it too.

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Tringreen wrote:
beesrus wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:
Sat here at home trying to celebrate, but not really that fussed after witnessing Speccy Twat on the pitch again. Mad

That's how it is Al. To support a club, it has to be what one agrees with. Too many rotten eggs for me at the moment. I just about manage to stomach the odd away game for social reasons. When taken against the attendance record of the promotion season with Sturrock, and the gerrymandered new counting system introduced by Ridsdale, and the championship years that must have produced a lot more regular fans, attendances are down on the last promo season from Division 4. That says something. My guess is a lot of fans are still smarting from the bad years of Todd, and now Brent. Doesn't feel right to support a club with a profiteering ownership.

Congratulations to Derek Adams, fighting against the unnecessary odds made by Brent. His career record against the odds speaks for itself. Congratulations to all the players who have worked hard and put up with Del Boy's ludicrous defensive nonsense. But then, maybe he knows no other way. The first 20 minutes against Portsmouth were really outstanding, and with today, just shows what a positive attitude on the pitch can achieve at professional level. Less dour Scot, more goalkeeper largesse shown by Waiters and Shilton.

Absolutely ..............but the bankers need to back him now, or risk losing him, particularly if he overachieves on a shit budget.

Euphoria all round today. Reality hits next season and even more so if he were to do it again.

It's nothing new.
He will Tring. Just hope its with us!!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 2:34 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Freathy wrote:

The FA only come down hard on clubs for these invasions if the players. officials and spectators safety isnt secured and someone gets hurt or its a hostile invasion. Although they dont encourage them, the clubs are not going to keep a few thousand running on the pitch to celebrate with less than 100 stewards no matter what they do.

It would be very petty of the FA and EFL to come down hard for, what was basically, a celebration pitch invasion. No one was hurt, there was no ill feeling towards any Newport players or fans and the majority left after they had their bit of jollyness.

Adding on to that, it would be even more petty for D&C to start issuing banning orders left, right and centre to the couple of hundred or so that went on to the pitch.

I thought it a touching moment when the fans lifted up the wheelchair, I know who he is and he is a legend, an Argyle top man.

Over the road there they are on 14 pages of this and it seems that the majority are defending the pitch invasion. One anti-pitch invasion poster even mentioned a points deduction, if the EFL do that, that would be bloody unfair. It would be harsh on Argyle to start life in League One minus so many points.

The FA and EFL should show some leeway regarding promotion pitch invasions (or avoiding relegation pitch invasions). I can understand action being taken if a pitch invasion is malicious and has a hint of disorder about it.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 18, 2017 3:00 pm

They'll have to start with Brighton....they're pitch had not a blade of grass uncovered by their fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newport  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newport
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next