29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jethro

Jethro

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 4:56 pm

its about god dam time,

We're up sell up now Brent go on jog on !!!! :greenrave: :greenrave: :greenrave: :greenrave: :greenrave: :greenrave: chickendance chickendance chickendance chickendance parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee parteeeeee bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 4:57 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
The Brent love in that we knew would come has started in earnest on Freechat......over on Pasoti the tongues are rasping in anticipation

Well done to Adams and players and no one else
Spot on harv, the Bumlicking tsunami will be huge, six years of basement crap and no ground improvements will be forgotten by the Grateful Villagers.

There's only one Jimmy Brent la la la, la la la. cheers geek
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 4:58 pm

pitch invasion ?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:00 pm

Check the Donny score we could still be champions.
Back to top Go down
hippo

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:04 pm

proper job by DA et al. shame Pepsi didn't get to see it.

Brent out!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
:greenrave:

Anyone seen Freathy ? Very Happy

Still knocking one out???

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:24 pm

My uncle died this morning and his wife my aunty is an avid lifelong supporter of Argyle and freechat member Lynn Henwood, so am hoping todays result can bring her a little comfort
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Lord Melbury wrote:
:greenrave:

Anyone seen Freathy ? Very Happy

Still knocking one out???

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor

No just back from HP LOL

Yes - I went jocolor
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:47 pm

Condolences to you and your Aunty Mr Slayer.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Top effort from DA and the boys, funny old season but clinched it in style.

Freathy is now officially a better supporter than me. cheers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 5:56 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Condolences to you and your Aunty Mr Slayer.

Cheers Alan came totally out of nowhere, guess its gotta be the best way no suffering no knowledge
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 6:08 pm

Sat here at home trying to celebrate, but not really that fussed after witnessing Speccy Twat on the pitch again. Mad

On the positive side, my Muvver just rang to say that my little niece went to her first game today and wants to go again. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 6:19 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Sat here at home trying to celebrate, but not really that fussed after witnessing Speccy Twat on the pitch again. Mad

On the positive side, my Muvver just rang to say that my little niece went to her first game today and wants to go again. cheers cheers

Only a matter of time before Porky suggests a statue of Reluctant Jimmy should be commissioned....
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 6:29 pm

alannotivvy wrote:

That's how it is Al. To support a club, it has to be what one agrees with. Too many rotten eggs for me at the moment. I just about manage to stomach the odd away game for social reasons. When taken against the attendance record of the promotion season with Sturrock, and the gerrymandered new counting system introduced by Ridsdale, and the championship years that must have produced a lot more regular fans, attendances are down on the last promo season from Division 4. That says something. My guess is a lot of fans are still smarting from the bad years of Todd, and now Brent. Doesn't feel right to support a club with a profiteering ownership.

Congratulations to Derek Adams, fighting against the unnecessary odds made by Brent. His career record against the odds speaks for itself. Congratulations to all the players who have worked hard and put up with Del Boy's ludicrous defensive nonsense. But then, maybe he knows no other way. The first 20 minutes against Portsmouth were really outstanding, and with today, just shows what a positive attitude on the pitch can achieve at professional level. Less dour Scot, more goalkeeper largesse shown by Waiters and Shilton.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 6:52 pm

On my third pint in the cider bar celebrating drunken
My take is well done Derek Adams/Craig Brewtser and the players despite the lack of backing from the speccy twat.
COYG

Last edited by akagreengull on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:02 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
I assume Brent et al won't be partaking in any after-match celebrations?  Yeah right...

Brent was on the pitch, taking the adulation of the terminally blinkered. Even posing for selfies ffs. We're up despite him, not because of him.
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:02 pm

We went up in style today Smile great atmosphere in the ground and good to see fans stuck two fingers up at brent and hallet by celebrating promotion to league one by a good natured pitch invasion.

now we are finally out of this shit league the time has come to start preparing for league one and the challenged that will bring for us Smile.

three games left to which i hope we win all 3 and not slack off as doncaster seem to be doing now perhaps now some fringe players can use these games to try and win a contract/a spot in our squad next season.

well done del bhey and the squad on promotion enojoy the nights celebrations and the fans too for all they can knowing they got work/college/school/uni/sign on tomorrow
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:10 pm

The club will always be bigger and longer remembered than the shyster.
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:15 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

Only a matter of time before Porky suggests a statue of Reluctant Jimmy should be commissioned....

i got an old bucket i can donate which would be more fitting tribute to the man.
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Angry wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

i got an old bucket i can donate which would be more fitting tribute to the man.

Wouldn't donate the steam off my piss for that
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Twas a very enjoyable game. Argo completely in control but f*** me Newport were shit. Actually felt sorry for those fans who travelled - must have been horrendous watching that. Every time Ago attacked they looked nailed on to score. Big respect to those Newport fans who stayed at the end to applaud the Argo team and fans.
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:26 pm

beesrus wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

That's how it is Al. To support a club, it has to be what one agrees with. Too many rotten eggs for me at the moment. I just about manage to stomach the odd away game for social reasons. When taken against the attendance record of the promotion season with Sturrock, and the gerrymandered new counting system introduced by Ridsdale, and the championship years that must have produced a lot more regular fans, attendances are down on the last promo season from Division 4. That says something. My guess is a lot of fans are still smarting from the bad years of Todd, and now Brent. Doesn't feel right to support a club with a profiteering ownership.

Congratulations to Derek Adams, fighting against the unnecessary odds made by Brent. His career record against the odds speaks for itself. Congratulations to all the players who have worked hard and put up with Del Boy's ludicrous defensive nonsense. But then, maybe he knows no other way. The first 20 minutes against Portsmouth were really outstanding, and with today, just shows what a positive attitude on the pitch can achieve at professional level. Less dour Scot, more goalkeeper largesse shown by Waiters and Shilton.

You utter bore
Back to top Go down
Innocent Egbunike

Innocent Egbunike

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Freathy wrote:
Twas a very enjoyable game. Argo completely in control but f*** me Newport were shit.  Actually felt sorry for those fans who travelled - must have been horrendous watching that. Every time Ago attacked they looked nailed on to score. Big respect to those Newport fans who stayed at the end to applaud the Argo team and fans.

The weird thing was that the game was in the balance for half an hour or so. Newport totally folded after making a horrendous mistake for the 2nd goal. After that, it was attack v defence. I put a bet on 5-0 at half time and had to cash out before we scored more.

We'll done PAFC and a great way to do it. Lots of kids looking really happy and excited at the end of the game. Bit like I was in 1986 and ultimately, that is what it's all about. The game belongs to that generation and I just hope the club can kick on.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:34 pm

That was a demolition job and no excuses-Argyle have been oft criticised this season for not punishing bad teams but no problems today. Newport were bad in all departments [even their finishing was terrible when presented with some clear cut chances, one of which engendered what had to be the most comical miss of the season] but that was not Argyle's problem-you can only beat what's in front of you.Well impressed with Sarcevic today, easily his best game for the club, but essentially it was a team effort which cut Newport to ribbons at times and clinched the deal in emphatic style. Well done to DA and the squad, when all's said and done Argyle have achieved promotion with 3 games to spare and by a margin of 14 points from the fourth place team, which hardly represents the struggle that some would seem to portray. If that scenario had been predicted at season's start, then frankly it would have seemed laughable but DA obviously knew his onions and has proved myself and others totally wrong and good luck to him. Does this represents the start of something better in the long term? We shall see, have grave doubts personally-lets hope those doubts are proved as wrong as my hopeless pre season prediction.
Back to top Go down

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
beesrus wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

You utter bore

lol! Blimey. Geddon. I don't hang on your words either Innocent, not that I can remember any. This is a football forum for a club I'm boycotting for well held reasons. Hope that's ok with you. Get your selfie with the owner ?  More Xisle crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newport  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newport    Newport  - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Newport
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next